Reviews for Facing Danger
pjjr chapter 1 . 8/5/2015
love the story.
Mistress-Cinder chapter 60 . 6/9/2015
MindBlown! Seriously! I can't praise this story enough. The pack had to face so much adversity and they came out stronger. I think that I have not been on pins and needles so much in a story in a while. Your use of imagery in Luna's vision in the grave yard was haunting and superb. Lucius would do something like that I have no doubt. Luna is some how spelled to respond to his voice like Christine to her Phantom. He has taken her free will away using something her and Draco loved together... I keep hoping for a miracle. As for Aletha and Sirius, I am so amazed at how out of the ashes they have overcome and found each other again. It is different, but the love still remains. I am not usually a Ron and Hermione fan. I don't hate Ron. I just think Hermione could do better. In this story, they have helped and supported each other through some terrible times and the way you have written their dialogue I can see them together. I like cannon Viktor so I was not happy with what you did to his character. I always saw him and his family as the Malfoy opposite. They were pure blood and rich and fought on the side of the light against the deatheaters. As for Harry, I loved how close you made Harry and Draco when they were sharing a room for so long. I like your version of Harry and Ginny it is sweet. The way Draco, Harry and Hermione fought Volemort in the dreamscape was beyond amazing! The plot bunny you had for all of the craziness you gave us was epic. Here's hoping the next story is just as good...
Our Mismatched Socks chapter 44 . 12/22/2014
Isn't Terry Boot's grandmother our old friend Sue?
katiek121 chapter 60 . 11/21/2014
Another great sequel! I loved the references to the movies: The Princess Bride & Monty Python. I wish Aletha hadn't lost her memories but you are making it work, same thing with Ron and his blindness. I plan on reading the next sequel and reading your published work when I get a chance.
Alfonse08 chapter 53 . 11/11/2014
You know I was just wondering in the previous chapter whether or not Aletha could use her blue gems to restore her memories, and I'm glad to see that my hunch appeared to be right based on the hints you've been dropping.
Alfonse08 chapter 36 . 11/8/2014
I'll be honest when I say that I am more than a little pissed off that you killed Hagrid since I really liked that guy and wanted him to be together with Madam Maxime, but I suppose he at least got a decent send off.
Atherys chapter 43 . 11/3/2014
AN on this chapter convinced me I should stop reading for tonight before I hit the rough parts.

...who am I kidding I'm gonna keep going forever (ok no I'm not sleep is good im going to sleep crying can wait til tomorrow)
Atherys chapter 40 . 11/3/2014
...and now I am once again nervous because I've been afraid for Maya since her introduction, and her parents' curse may have been an idle threat but it might not be and if she is actually going to have a Super Slumber Party with all those important to her during the full moon WELL. THERE ARE A LOT OF THINGS THAT COULD GO WRONG HERE.
Atherys chapter 39 . 11/3/2014
A cunning trap, worthy of the one who sprang it. I was hurt, the boy too young, and she had not the strength to take us both... the water came down so fast, there was no time to choose, whoever was left would die..." - whatsherface! Amanda! Does that mean we're finally gonna get to know what's up with her?

And Luna says she didn't say anything untrue. Okay! We can worj with that! I can't remember where to find the actual scene so I can't cross reference anything but whatever they're all FINE. Lucius isn't Lucius (polyjuice or WHATEVER) and thus she's not actually joining Death eaters or anything I mean come on, Lucius Malfoy singing musical songs? Naaaah.
Atherys chapter 36 . 11/3/2014
kay so my predictions were far off mark and I can't really say I'm unhappy about that.
Also the girls did NOT cast the avada kedavra, thank god. (I assumed Lucius' spell on Hermione was the imperius. and somehow forgot that he has allies now? wow, well done, self.)

Harry's retribution was perfect.
Atherys chapter 30 . 11/3/2014
Atherys chapter 27 . 11/3/2014
Alright, it's PROPHESY TIME!
Here goes nothing!
(When holly wand met wand of yew,The endless fight began anew;A third there is, with cloak and stone—Who'd win must call them first his own. )-As Danger and Lupin concluded, Harry and Voldemort. And the elder wand. yay for the deathly hallows! Aaand theyll need to find all three before having a real chance to win, probably.

(But they shall come, as shall those shellsIn which unhallowed spirit dwells;) - Don't worry too much bout the hallows for now. They'll show up. Also, HORCRUXES.
Y(our task is now to other ways,To end a spell of ancient days.A curse once on your best-loved giftShould start your thoughts in proper drift,) -spell of ancient days? anyways, Draco's curse, the one where they thought he died. Potentially this amulet is something similar?

(For why had hawk to take it on?What stopped the wolf in days agone?) - hawk is Ron, Ron took the curse, something about pureblood stuff? Nother thing that only takes effect w purebloods?

(But ere your thoughts can reach their peak,The far-off Seeker must you watch him, yet do not mistrust,For justice sometimes strikes unjust) - WELL THIS IS OMINOUS. Don't know who the seeker is. wait are we talking literal seeekers is this about krum?

(—As you shall know when winter's through,For sorrow is not done with not the year's first night of care;Of old safekeepings now beware;For much has changed, though some's the same,And naught's yet come of one old game.) - so. very. ominous. old safekeepings? is something wrong with the wards? what is hapen

(Do what you must, wolf's darling kit,And shed no tears for doing it;Save tears for those who hold you dearAnd fall as seen by owlsight help the new-turned nymph be braveAnd save the one you've power to save,For lion's line continue mustEre elder serpent's fall to dust) - I'm not sure what this means but I get the feeling I won't like it. fall as seen by owl sight clear - lunas vision, ron and somebody falling. how is wolf's kit ron though?confused. save the one youve power to save HAHAH SO WHEN HE FALLS HE HAS TO MAKE THE CHOICE TO SAVE THE ONE JHE'S FALLING WITH AND NOT HIMSELF OK THANKS GOD DAMN IT. falling w harry? llion's line? IDK BUT I'M PROBABLY GOING TO CRY ABOUT IT
Atherys chapter 22 . 11/2/2014
...noooooooo, I don't wanna read the next chapter, I'm not ready, I don't wanna, I want everything to be happy and hilarious and cosy again. Nooooo.
Atherys chapter 16 . 11/2/2014
..."The beast tries as he said to own" - see my thought here is (now) Lucius Malfoy. Unless I've gotten things terribly mixed up he is now a werewolf in addition to being a douche, so that should account for being called a beast, and he has very much been looking to regain ownership of Draco, and well we know he's not exactly going to stay in Azkaban forever.
Also I still love that plotline. Love that plotline so much.

The Harry Ginny in this chapter was adorable. Rons reaction was funny. The pride's relatively new habit of having spontaneous votes on random things is hilarious and my new favourite thing.
Atherys chapter 9 . 11/2/2014
Oh, Harry will have SO much fun with this. Initially it sounded pretty miserable, but with the astral travelling he could still move around a bit without being detected, so.
harry pls. did you just out yourself as heir of gryffindor. HARRY PLS.

I'm actually not too worried about Luna's dead-Draco vision. Current lead theory is that it's deliberately set up, as in Luna is acting. She does after all know exactly how the scene should go.
There are so many solutions that do not involve Draco actually being dead OR Luna siding with death eaters. They're fine! Just. Fine!
3,388 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »