Reviews for Facing Danger
Alma Gloriosa chapter 2 . 9/4/2006
Nice chapter. Much less cruel than the last one.

Loved the scene with Harry and Hermione duking it out. I thought it was interesting that Hermione won in the magical and forms when you think of Harry as being faster with a wand (at least I do, even in dangerverse) and having a more predatory animagus form, and that Harry won in the staffs, which is Hermione's specialty. But it was good that Harry was kept grounded, and that Hermione showed she was just as strong as him. Though I take it that eventually a certain redhead is going to take her place as alpha ...

Interesting progression with Elladora. I'll be interested to see whether she tells anyone what she's learned (ie. that Sirius is happily married to a muggleborn) or how much Sirius will even keep trying now that he knows he's only wanted for breeding purposes.

So, more about the lupus. I'm probably just repeating what you've said, but in other words, Harry would actively "have" lupus (ie. show symptoms) even when around Remus, but Danger only gets them when Remus is away because of the nature of their bond. Interesting. Based on reviewer responses from last time, I assume that Harry's going to end up doing it, but I hopes he waits and at least sees what Voldemort can do before plunging into it. Well, I think it's an interesting plot point anyway. I like vulnerable!Harry once in awhile.

Nice to see that Aunt Petunia now knows it was Danger who took Harry. At least she's even a teeny tiny bit glad that Harry had a much better life than she would have given him (to put it mildly).

I also loved the little character development with Ginny. I have to say that I love your Ginny way more than I love canon!Ginny. They're very similar, but at the same time I just like dangerverse Ginny better. Maybe I just like the way you write her better. In any case, I liked the look into her persona. Very nice.

Conclusion: great chapter! I will now go back to being as patient as possible.

Sara :)
FreakishlyCool chapter 2 . 9/4/2006
THat was a great second chapter... pelase keep writing...
rwcr chapter 2 . 9/4/2006
Excellent chapter. I think I liked it even better than Ch1. More fluff, less angst, certainly :-)

God, I really hate it when Harry's arrogant. "You're not a real alpha. Just a placeholder." I just wanted to strangle him when he said that. But it definitely is realistic, for a fifteen-year-old :-) I'm glad Hermione was gracious in her victory - the last thing Harry needs right now is more morale loss...

To be honest, I'm a bit surprised the Pack-parents just stood by and even *refereed* the duels, instead of trying to get the kids to resolve things like Normal People do. Just driving home the point that the Pack is just about as un-normal as it's possible for a family to be, I guess.

Invisible Stunner? Cool.

Somehow, I'm not surprised Harry won the staffs duel. He's always seemed the type that would do well with sword-ish objects. And Neenie beating Wolf... size no guarantee of power!

Cho would probably scoff at the Pride. I doubt Harry would ever even ask - her issues are too apparent for anything to ever get to that point. And it's good Harry seems to be recognizing that - Cho as alpha is just laughable. Maybe he's gotten over his crush on her...

I. Hate. Elladora. Gamp. And somehow, I suspect Aletha will too. And I bet Miss Gamp will spread Siri's story far and wide, so that he's scorned in the pureblood circles... high-class folk do seem to love their vengeance.

I like Harry questioning the "weird stuff" going on. I think that'll happen eventually in ToT, though I doubt it'll be Harry doing it. He's just been exposed to weird stuff for too long :-) LwD!Harry had ten years of relatively normal childhood - okay, scratch that, but pleasant enough he didn't just want to suppress the memories. Canon!Harry only really cares about stuff that happened after July 31, 1991, and most of that is highly weird. Sometimes I wonder how he'll live after the war..

I'm hoping, now, that Harry -doesn't- do the blood-bond with Remus. Lupus doesn't sound fun. I wonder why Dumbledore wants it - does he know something we don't?

Oddly enough, I expect it *will* wind up being a bond with Sevvie. "In time, the raven will take his place with honor..." he hasn't been too honorable to the Pack yet. "And raven, once redeemed from night, ... will guard the Pride through days of youth." He hasn't been doing much guarding, either. Not more than canon, at least, and the same cannot be said of the other people named in Luna's first and last rhyming prophecy.

Petunia does seem decent, but she just hides it behind a really, really thick veil of uncaring and gossip-mongering. I'm glad of Harry's Animagus form, so he can detect the - however buried - guilt...

Oh, I would love for Petunia to find out about the Curse!

Ginny, pottery? Is that supposed to have a meaning beyond the obvious? (Something like, "take off the Y"... :P) It's nice to see her with her own skill - a bit more differentiation.

Excellent work!

- Josh
Ima Quidditch Fan chapter 2 . 9/4/2006
Cho just wouldn't make an alpha would she?

I really enjoyed this chapter, very nice. I laughed so hard at Sirius having to run away. But it was Ginny and the pottery that really made me laugh. I can just picture the scene from Ghost with a bit older Harry and Ginny. Oh, dear!
Silver Warrior chapter 2 . 9/4/2006
That was kinda neat, Hermione beating Harry like that. That bond though is a bit of a dangerous idea. Still, a better option that trying Occlumency. And Ginny is now determined to land Harry. I wish her the best of luck.
sunne chapter 2 . 9/4/2006
Another awesome chapter! Petunia facinates me...facinates me like a car crash facinates me. She's this awful woman who's done so many wrongs against Harry, but there's something in who she is that is interesting. She surprises me. As I've said, excellent chapter and I'll be waiting patiently for the next. Have a good one!

-Sunne
Maegan chapter 2 . 9/4/2006
Great new chapter! I don't know if I've reviewed before, but I just recently found this story and I'm very glad I did. I really love the story. You've got some great ideas working. I'm completely in love with Draco. He's so cute! You've done a great job in leaving the characters with the basics that JKR has given them, but tweaking them a bit to make them realistic in your universe. Love it! Can't wait for more!
WhiteTwitch chapter 2 . 9/4/2006
Oh wow I REALLY need to know the person that might 'switch to the Dark Side' and the alpha fight?

SO AWESOME! But, I was rooting for Harry. :' :)

Great chapter! But then again, every chapter is...
walklightwhite chapter 2 . 9/4/2006
This was kinda weak, the first half anyway. Sorry, but... once again, *yet* again Harry comes off second best in something... It's becoming par for the course how often you either make him arrogant or stupid. *shrug* Ah well, I'm probbably just whinging. :)

It makes me dread any Occlumency lessons... even more than the canon ones.

The rest of the chapter was great. I really enjoyed it.

Well done.
Mayhem Managed chapter 2 . 9/4/2006
Wow. Liked the dream-sequence, the notion of a challenge for Alpha-ship is . . . interesting, to say the least. Don't forget that, if Harry gets lupus then anyone he bites as Wolf gets full-on lycanthropy. and judging from the sound of Luna's vision, he will be biting people in the future . . .

Huh. Ginny's artistic!
Optio30 chapter 1 . 9/3/2006
I LOVE your stories! I have spent the last, oh say, week of my life reading your universe. You are an extremley talented writer, I love the fact that none of your OC's are mary sues. I am going to beg you to update, but you DO have a life outside of fanfiction, so I will understand if you don't update super fast. BUTT you can exceed my expectations and update soon. SO UPDATE SOON!
reversethepast chapter 1 . 9/2/2006
OK, so Anne. This was soo good, but it started out a little slow. I was just wondering when your going to update? its been awhile already. I can not beleive that I only just got around to finishing it. I got caught up in another fic, called Shoebox. It is at very good matirial. Mind you, its some intense remus/sirius shipping, but its very well writen. Anyway, when the update gonna come along? very good start to the next installment of the Dangerverse!

-peace & hugs-

Danielle
Moonlit Lightning chapter 1 . 8/31/2006
I love the Danger series! After I read the first chapter of Facing Danger, I was just wondering, why can't Harry make the blood bond with Professor Dumbledore? Dumbledore is a grown-up wizard, who has Harry's trust, and no relatives that I'm aware of.
fire and napalm chapter 1 . 8/28/2006
*Huggles* I'm -terrified- that you updated, but I'm gloriously happy with the new developments. Harry's not as miserable as he could be if you put yourself up to it (you horrible woman you) and everything is working out mostly. So far. But here's to hoping, and here's to my best wishes with RL so it all goes well and you can come back to us and update quickly. Boo-yah! Good Luck!

Fire and Napalm
WorldOfLilyEvans chapter 1 . 8/28/2006
Hello! I love your Dangerverse!

I'm so glad you updated this story; I just came back from my holiday in Croatia, and I was looking forward to reading some good stories again. This is the first I've read in about twelve days!

I hope you update this story soon, because I love it.

-x- Malou