Reviews for Facing Danger
martinora chapter 46 . 10/1/2016
I know that the rest of the story is written and I can totally jump to the end and see how it ends. BUT I can't. I want to know how it actually gets there and right now I am soooooo upset! You made Sirius and Letha lose their magic!? WTF!?
Alex chapter 6 . 7/24/2016
Never bet against the Pride. The only thing that needs betting on is whether or not I'll keep my seat while I'm laughing
Alex chapter 5 . 7/24/2016
"Not every day somebody hands you your friend... all right, we went from that to small people... and from there to house-elves... there, got it. "

Sigh… Harry's cute when he's being oblivious
Call me Peeves chapter 48 . 6/9/2016
This story is actually making me cry; I haven't cried for a story since Allegiant, and it was about two in the morning then. I don't know if I'll be able to survive reading to the end of this. But it's still amazing and I need to know what happens.
Call me Peeves chapter 19 . 5/29/2016
Usually I don't like self-insert characters but I think this is a really clever and cool way to do.
IamtheBlackWitch chapter 60 . 4/18/2016
Sooo gold! Like always. On to the next right now!
WentBlindCuzRead chapter 54 . 3/27/2016
Kind of sad Sirius didn't Avada kedavra voldy. Lol. Would cause a lot of plot problems if he did though, so it all works out.
Confuzed about Aletha rn, going to need to keep reading to find out what happens :p

If you still read these, anyway: you are the best writer ever. You are the reason good stories actually exist in this world.

...no, really. Fanfiction is equal in excellence to the original media nowadays, due to people like you. Never stop writing :)
Greenstrawberries322 chapter 58 . 2/2/2016
Just a little thing, but in French, it would be: Toujours pur du cœur. Heart (cœur) is a masculine noun, not a feminine one. It would be a bit of an awkward turn of phrase, but still possible. :) Minor French grammar issues aside, I have loved your stories and find you to be an excellent writer.
godfather chapter 60 . 1/31/2016
nice!
Kintama-Hime chapter 25 . 1/9/2016
Super-fantastic chapter. Danger's spell was very clever indeed. I'm so glad that the pack-parents survived. Lily and James adoption of Marcus was heart-warming, I have to admit that I shed a few tears over him.

While I was gutted about the loss of Marcus, I think the MoM adventure resolved itself perfectly. I particularly enjoyed the two appearances of Dolores Umbridge. I cheered when she tried to be officious with Voldie, and thought her death was well-deserved but not drawn out enough. I cheered when she came out of the wand as a confused shade. But when she started yelling at Fudge to do something, I broke down laughing.

I suspected that Umbridge killed the old Minister, but it never crossed my mind that she killed Andromeda, so that was a nice twist. It's good that Fudge blabbed about Umbridge's murders. Rita, no doubt, is writing everything down. Not only is he finished, but he's wholly disgraced. I loved how Dumbledore berated him on his actions. The stupid old git won't be able to show his face in public again.

The only thing missing for me was a picture of Cornelius' shocked, flabby face.

So, who is going to be the next spy? I'm really worried.
Shady Shopkeep chapter 36 . 1/3/2016
In case my review of the previous chapter left a sour taste in your mouth, I want to insert a quick "thank god!" for Molly's "not until she's sixteen" line.
Of course, I don't think she and Arthur are being entirely realistic by taking the news of their only, youngest, underaged daughter getting engaged so in stride, but my suspension of disbelief will take what it can get. After all, Tonks and Remus got hitched in canon, so you're still not nearly as bad an offender as Rowling.
Shady Shopkeep chapter 35 . 1/2/2016
Okay, I like the series, I really do. But sometimes parts of it grate on me something fierce and I need to complain about them in review form, and so here we are.

Prophecies are extremely tricky, and I both really like and really dislike them, depending on how they're handled, and that can go lots of different ways. In this series, prophecies tend to be somewhere between "portents that are initially vague yet invite clearer interpretations as more information becomes known", "portents that are clear as mud until the things they predict come to pass" and "portents that are extremely clear and refer to clear conditions". I've listed these in order of increasing dangerousness, and it's the third one that I want to talk about here due to aforementioned grating.

The common problem with specific prophecies (that is, prophecies that call for clear, specific things) is that they are often the sole driving force behind a character's action that would ordinarily make little to no sense. Now, to be fair, JKR is a pretty big offender of this herself: Voldemort's whole fixation on Harry is based on a half heard prophecy, and Harry's "chosen one" status is much the same (why does he have to be the one to kill Voldemort? Because a prophecy said so, that's why).

The bit in your prophecy of the Lion's line continuing is really, really hard to swallow, especially because it's clear that Harry wouldn't dream of proposing to Ginny otherwise. They both repeatedly say, both aloud and silently, that they understand that they are far too young for marriage and that they're only seriously considering it because the closest thing there is to God told them to.

Mentally substitute it for the plot, since the two are functionally identical anyway. When I read this, I thought "Why are they getting married? Because whydoyouneedtoknow's plot said they had to, that's why." Yes, that sounds harsh, but the principle is the same: the characters are hoing to do an extremely out-of-character action because an exterior force demands it. It doesn't matter if they would do so within the context of the story otherwise: they're doing it because that's what has to happen. It just seems to me like a really aggressive and heavy-handed way of enforcing a ship.

Full disclosure: I'm extremely snobby and critical when it comes to relationship writing, especially when said pairing is given out in advance. It just kills all the dramatic tension for me when a pairing happens too soon and especially when the story comes out and tells me, "These two characters are going to be together."
hope.rose.dawnstar chapter 49 . 9/27/2015
So, now I see two ways that Aletha's memories could be fully returned, along with the memory box thing to partially rebuild them. I wonder what it's actually going to be.

"Here's to a good Super Bowl." I'm afraid I'm not with you on that. My family specifically goes to Super Bowl ignoring parties.
pjjr chapter 44 . 8/11/2015
I hate when people die and or go missing. Sitting on edge of seat.
pjjr chapter 37 . 8/10/2015