Reviews for Those Eyes
rizandace chapter 1 . 7/24/2012
Depressing much? Jeez, this is really beautiful. I liked the line: "But having forgotten the sky, I would no longer know what to do with wings."

The angel comparison throughout is really nice and underplayed. I enjoyed this a lot!
luvagoo chapter 1 . 10/12/2010
You wrote this ages ago, but I really don't think you'll mind getting a review anyway :)

This is exceptionally beautiful. I think there is a part of Inara that feels this, very deep down, that she constantly denies the knowledge of. However, I believe it's only a little part; she does take pride in her work, and believes in it. A lot of it has to do with his attitude. So that little bit you captured perfectly :) Either way, makes their relationship even more deep and heart breaking...
Geeky13 chapter 1 . 8/13/2008
Wow. Powerful.
SerenityHope15 chapter 1 . 6/24/2008
WOW! I love this. Your words are so poetic.
GillianRose chapter 1 . 2/24/2008
heartbreaking and beautiful
Red Bess Rackham chapter 1 . 2/9/2008
Wow, *very* well written! That pretty much perfectly describes what I think they're both thinking whenever they give that 'look' to each other in the series. Great job!

~Red
gathers-no-moss chapter 1 . 8/23/2007
WOW! That was amazing. Just beautiful. I'm new to the Firely phenom, but I was immediately hooked on the Mal/Inara relationship. Wish I'd become a fan sooner.

I don't exactly know where to begin, but here is what I liked most about it.

"You would see my inability to become what I once was, and lament it as your own inability to save me. And this I fear the most, for your grief I could not bear."

Beautiful that's she's willing to forgo happiness, in response of what knows Mal would be if he couldn't save her. An ultimate sacrifice.

I need to go read more of your stories. Thanks for sharing your talent.
Iowanmom chapter 1 . 1/22/2007
Well, Omega, after reading the helpful hint below, I simply can't tell you what to improve on. Like several of your works of art, I can only say I wish I had more to read. So often I get lost in your words, the way you surround me with imagery, or fill me up with emotions and desires of the soul... I am saddened when the tale has come to its end. Truly, you move me, hon and you can never seem to give me enough.

I am unfamiliar with Mal/Inara. I only know what you paint for me and your gifted hand paints quite the tale. This woman and man... he would give her the stars if only she'd let him. Often times, I get upset with myself when I can't fully appreciate a piece of writing due to my lack of knowledge of the couple. But you... you show me their history, you make me want to learn more, to submerge myself within the pages of your story, if only to come away with a glimpse of what this couple means to you and those that crave their passion. You show me what I've missed, what I can treasure, but also what my own soulful desires long for... love, passion, strength... a need to be complete, a need to be cherished as only true love can. Beautiful, Omega.

As the story opens, I am immediately taken to a place of Inarah's inner thoughts, desires, fears... loss, and sacrifice. Yet, you paint such a beautiful scene. I can see the yards of shimmering silks and glistening gems. As I read further, I can tell that even these material things pale in comparison to the beauty of this woman that longs for another, yet feels unworthy. That even the darkness that surrounds her does nothing to sully the way Malcolm sees her, despite her reasons to not be with him.

Yet, just the idea that she'd sacrifice such incredible love, passion and longing of her soul to keep Malcolm from thinking less of himself for her failings, says so much about her love for him. If only she could see from 'those eyes' that look upon her so lovingly.

And your discriptions... my goodness, the way you type of him 'loving' her...'anointing her with warm tender kisses...' I can see it in my mind, the passion, the love, the desires to free her from her own torment of unworthiness... this is incredible. I can't get enough...

I could go on and on with this snippet of fiction… truly, you have such a wonderful way of showing us such soulful love, Omega. Wonderful work here, hon. Absolutely beautiful.
atromiti chapter 1 . 12/22/2006
We always think of Mal as a tragic figure...but I never thought of Inara like this before.

Nice. Very, very nice.
clarksmuse chapter 1 . 12/2/2006
What was it that I said to you the first time I read this?

"That's a freaking acid trip down into the depths of human despair!"

After reading it a few more times, that still rings true. Deep, man. Very deep. Painfully deep, dark, depressing. And damn fine piece of writing. ;)
j-mercuryuk chapter 1 . 9/21/2006
Woo, that's and intense and interesting take on Inara's feelings. Simple yet beautiful It's wonderful.
danniisupernova chapter 1 . 9/19/2006
Magic. Absolute magic. Way to fucking go!
Sophia Adamo chapter 1 . 9/13/2006
This was quite beautiful. I don't agree with what Inara is thinking, but that is besides the point. You make her thoughts sparkle and shine. It was quite enjoyable to read.
garden-crafter chapter 1 . 9/13/2006
Shiny and lovely !
MissRevolutionary chapter 1 . 9/9/2006
All right, I'll review because I know it isn't nice not to get reviews. I liked your story very much it was well written and veyr sad. It also didn't involve my fanfiction peeve, which is writers which a strange and annoying aversion to commas. Forgive the raging. Write again soon.