Reviews for Survival
Cutter12 chapter 15 . 4/4/2012
Realistic reaction by Charlie. First, by how quickly he wanted to believe that the men were there to help them. And then, his reaction after having to shoot Gary. Nice comfort by Don as he tried to help Charlie deal with the aftermath of this very scary situation.
Cissyaliza chapter 15 . 12/9/2010
Very good fic that I discovered with Eppsie favourite stories...
orangepotato chapter 15 . 4/3/2008
i know this is extremely late, but i wanted it to be known that i read it, and i loved it. the don whumping was amazing, and i liked the charlie angst. it was written very well, and parts had me laughing out loud! (when charlie was addressing Don's shoulder injury, and they were keeping positive) amazing detail, and i loved the family moments. keep up the great work, and ill be looking into more of your stories.

thanks for the amazing read,

orangepotato
Kippling Croft chapter 15 . 8/29/2006
That was one heck of a story. I loved it and I think it was well written.
celadon chapter 14 . 8/27/2006
Really sweet. :)
celadon chapter 13 . 8/27/2006
Oh, good! Don's out of surgery!
celadon chapter 10 . 8/27/2006
:)! So glad to see Don wake up!
celadon chapter 7 . 8/27/2006
Eh, dear. So close. Keep running anyway, Charlie!
celadon chapter 5 . 8/27/2006
Well, I can't say I'm sorry to see Monroe meet his Maker, but talk about out of the frying pan, into the fire!
WuHaoNi chapter 15 . 8/26/2006
I just spent my entire evening reading your story...and it was worth it. ;) *adds to Favorite Stories*
A Thing For Brothers chapter 15 . 8/26/2006
OMG! This story was so amazingly perfect! Oh, I loved it to death! You did an awesome job with it! It's just one more perfect piece that you've written! I love your writing so much! I can't wait for another story! I'm sure i'll love it still!
Alice I chapter 15 . 8/26/2006
I don't think I put in a final review.

This was a great story. I liked the strength that you gave both guys.

The reference to family being an unquantifiable variable in Don's recovered and Charlie's subsequent denial of that fact fit so well.

I did like your orthopedic doctor. That is the kind of bedside manner that actually helps patients. I know I work in the field and have seen many doctors sabotage their patient's good prognosis with poor bedside manner.

Well done.

Alice
Timespirt chapter 1 . 8/25/2006
I really enjoyed this story. I read the whole thing last night. You kept me on my toes with worry for the boys. I also read a few others and re-read others. I trully enjoy Heartbeat and have read it many times over.

theallbadhat chapter 15 . 8/25/2006
OK- I had a bad week and thought, no, I can't face the woods and those madmen- so I cheated and looked at chapter 13 and knowing they were okay was enough- so I read from chapter 7 right through to the end. Amazing how well you write a story and can make every part of Charlie and Don's relationship and behaviors so fresh and new. I like how you can balance both brothers protecting each other- even in his damaged state, Don was thinking about Charlie. And you make them act intelligently-love Charlie grabbing the gun on the way out of the cabin and having the foresight to know Gary would use his brother to try to lure him back inside. Something little like this shows the extensive training Charlie has gotten from being around Don- both in defensive behaviors and in understanding human nature; I wonder if the Charlie from season one/one would have been able to think the same way as someone as ruthless as Gary? My opinion- I don't think so. Which is a reason this story is so good- you are able to capture the characters and the changes that they have gone through. Don trusting his brother would be another one. Also, of course, Charlie able to use a gun to begin with. Like how you kept the essence of Charlie alive by making him have a hard time accepting that he killed another human being, plus the fact that Don had only killed three over the course of his career. After his interactions with Billy in Manhunt, I would say that is probably correct (though I would think Billy might qualify for title of mass murderer from his suggestion to drop the guy from the roof).

Must also mention how you show Don's ability to reach people by having him turn the tables on Charlie and state that he regretted showing Charlie how to use a gun and feigning (I think) guilt for it, which made Charlie open up and discuss the problem. I would think you live with these characters, you know them so well.
dHALL chapter 15 . 8/25/2006
"And if I ever did, it would be time for me to find a new job."

In context of the conversation, I LOVE that line.

Your Charlie/Don interaction is superb!

Thanks for the extraordinary tale!