Reviews for Pounding Heartbeats
Rhea Silvia chapter 3 . 10/27/2002
All right! It's about time to see some IaHB slash! Ignore all the little petty flames people wrote; if they can't handle it, then they should've taken the warning in your Author's notes to heart. Bollocks to them!

As I said though, very happy to see the slash! I was always pretty surprised to see a lack of it here. –Shrug- I don’t know, it just seemed obvious to me.

I loved reading the H/T action in “Silent Heartbeats”, so seeing this lovely and grand companion made my day!

Although, I feel the need to point out the whole “Christian/Alternative Lifestyles” issue. I, myself, converted to Christianity after living most of my life as an atheist. I know some Christians do bash homosexuality quite open. Others embrace it (usually this is seen more with Methodists). Personally, my view is: embrace the sinner, but not the sin. My best friend is bisexual (with much the same attitude as Tyler: he’s usually attracted to guys more, but he’s not going to close his options out): I’m not going to shun him; I just choose not to live that lifestyle myself. (Plus, also, I must admit it is a bit hot… But that’s another story.)

There’s this one news article ( . /news?tmplstory&u/ap/20021024/ap_on_re/religion_briefs_1) That you might find interesting (Scroll down a bit to find it; it’s at the very bottom). It’s talking about discriminatory issues, but this one portion is interesting: “The Rev. David Alger, executive director of Associated Ministries, said many members of his group also believe homosexuality is a sin, but they feel more strongly that discrimination is wrong.”

Not that I’m criticizing you or anything (Please don’t take it as that) because I am well aware that the reaction you mentioned is indeed all too common. I’m just stating that not all Christians are like that.

Anyhoo, Loved the story!

Schnoogles!

-Tori
make it stop jamie chapter 4 . 6/12/2002
Interesting, but I think I like it.
Sometimes He Cries chapter 4 . 6/11/2002
Ok, I'll admit it... I haven't actually read "Silent Heartbeats" yet. And if I ever get un-lazy (very unlike me..) then I will, because I absoloutely love this story and I know that the other one has to be just as good...better even. D. Tyler/Hank coupling is completely cool and I think this story potrays their relationship so sweetly!

I have no problems with homosexual fics. In fact, I'm quite a big fan of Linkin Park slash and actually have a few stories on my favorite list. But that's besides the point. What I was intending on saying is... the flamers are idiots. LoL. (So does that mean I just flamed the flamers?) You clearly stated that this story contained m/m relationships so they should have just turned around right then if they didn't like it! Or at least given this story a chance, because it really is spectacular. I hope to see more of it soon. I didn't expect my babbling to go on for this long. Sorry about that. LoL.

Love, peace, chicken grease!
kawaiiLizard chapter 3 . 12/7/2001
Well, I figured that I'd try it, and I must say that I don't hate it. Nice job! Keep going, I can't wait to read more of this or SH! *Liz*
Niki chapter 2 . 9/23/2001
Ya know what I agree with the other 2 people. I am not open minded with homos or dikes. Tyler and Hank are perfectly not gay. So do all us shtraight women a favor and stop writng stuff like this. U have to make perfectly not gay people into people who are gay. Ugh I am totally disgusted with this fic. Even if it was a good story, lay off with the gay stuff all right?
Niki chapter 1 . 9/23/2001
Me chapter 1 . 9/10/2001
What the HECK is wrong with you! I HATE when people make perfectly fine people GAY! Tyler and Hank are soo not Gay! How dare you ruin the characters like that! YUCK!SICK!NASTY!GROSS!NOT COOL!
Anonymous chapter 1 . 7/24/2001
I swear i hate people like u who make Tyler GAY ! SO DO US ALL A FAVOR AND STOP WITH THE WHOLE GAY TYLER THING
aricraze chapter 3 . 6/21/2001
Hey, cools! At first I wasn't sure about reading this.. cause it has male/male pairing and all that. I mean, I'm not against that at ALL. I just thought it'd be kind of strange seeing Hank and Tyler together. But actually I just read it and it's really great! It's realistic and interesting.. like how Tyler and Hank have to just 'barely touch' at school since they want to keep their statuses. And Val liking Tyler.. and Tyler being bi... that's interesting. I like how you put Jamie in this chapter.. I almost forgot that it was a kind of sequel thing to Silent Heartbeats. And this is Pounding Heartbeats.. I guess since Hank and Tyler's hearts pound when they see each other? But I feel sorry for Val.. I mean if I liked a guy and he liked a guy.. I'd be sort of shocked, I guess. So Val's reaction made sense... Anyways this looks really great.. I hope you write more soon to this! D
PineappleAddict7 chapter 3 . 6/19/2001
know what? this is actually pretty good. i like it. most m/m stories are really gross and smutty, but this is really kewl. good job!
Mad Cow chapter 3 . 6/19/2001
Another excellent chapter by Maureen! Very good job...I really like how there are some scenes that are exactly the same as SH, yet the large majority is new, interesting, and different :) This is a great premise, and I applaud you! Kudos to Mo'!
Darkchilde chapter 3 . 6/16/2001
Awww, that was so sweet! :) I love this story-I think H/T is very cool! And I think that it's really sad that Hank and Tyler can't be together in public-just another way are world is messed up today. *stops before she starts ranting* Okay, moving right along...I really liked the discussion between Caitie and Tyler at the beginning of the story. Caitie had a really good point-"See? That's what I'm saying, why would this so-called omni benevolent god hate people because of who they love?". I really like that line-it just about sums up what I think about homosexuality and religion. Okay, okay, enough ranting or whatever it is I'm doing. Again, this is a really great story, and I can't wait for more of it. *ahem* Write more soon! Write more soon! Write more soon! Write more soon! Please please please! Please please please! Okay, I'm going now, my boyfriend's wondering what the heck I'm doing...
Satya Kaden chapter 2 . 6/11/2001
Yeah, Val's reaction in the first chapter was (not surprising, per se) but annoying. I mean, she should accept them as who they are. But, I guess everything is okay now. I really like how you are writing this fic as a different viewpoint to "Silent Heartbeat". Very cool. Good stuff!
Satya Kaden chapter 1 . 6/11/2001
Wow. Mo' this was...hehehehe...interesting. I think you pulled it off quite nicely. I am not really a H/T shipper, but I will continue to read this fic. The thing with these sort of fics is that a lot of them just don't work very well. But, I think that Hank and Tyler being together works really well. You've written their relationship in a way that works, you know? Hehehehe. Imagine being Shawn Ashmore or Danso Gordon and reading this fic. It would be interesting to hear their take on it. Good stuff, though, Mo. It works very well.
Thesda chapter 2 . 6/11/2001