Reviews for Freedom
Downtonian chapter 5 . 7/19/2015
Oh my god that chapter was incredibly painful. I was half mad at Kara and wanting to hug Lee but also hug Kara because she was hurting herself as much as him :'( So well written. On to the next chapter so!
Guest chapter 5 . 5/22/2014
I like this. Lee delivering the killshot. What? Kara thought she could maul Lee's heart with this stunningly cruel & hateful betrayal and not get singed in the flames? An all too common problem with Kara. Thinking there is no price to pay, no consequences to face for herr choices or behavior.
Well, it seems as if Kara get what she wants here. Lets see if she wants what she's going to get.
magdalena2122 chapter 6 . 2/16/2014
Sometimes I like stories without happy endings, if they are done well. I like this story. :)
Deenoh1 chapter 6 . 1/25/2014
WE know what happened with the missing year and you did too before you wrote this. I doubt you guessed that good.
But we know she fucked her marriage up. Sam got to see first hand what a cold heartless slut he married. We know everything lee told her was the gospel truth and we know you need to put orginality into your fics cause this is canon with a few incidents sideways.
IF you do a sequal how about instead of getting them together how about Kara going to Lee an admitting she was wrong (she was) and Lee laughing his ass off at how delusional she is and (she is)
Deenoh1 chapter 5 . 1/25/2014
Lee told her nothing but the Facts. That bitch is POISON and rotten in her soul!
Way to go Lee!
Guest chapter 6 . 1/18/2014
Feel bad? That story was just as stupid as canon and guess what she did fuck it up. Why didnt you write about that? How come these silly fan fics dont ever take up Lee's side of things. She's trapped now she aint free. What a moron this dumb bitch is huh. Somebody needs o write about that
Guest chapter 5 . 1/18/2014
Kara Thrace super cunt. You did get one thing right and kara deserves every shitty thing she gets for it. She exploited and used Lee. Too bad she's gonna spend her marrige with Leoben in the fun house.
She really is piece of shit. I'm sure your story will have lee running to dee. A man would go down and kick her ass bot cry like agirl Read your other story. Lee did not keep his word. He let her back in.
Guest chapter 4 . 1/18/2014
I hate stories like this. Its the same shit as the show. First of all, nobody gets soooo horny that they cant control kara is doing is once again using Lee for a before marriage fling. she's gonna frak him & split, just like New Cap. Same old Same old. Move along nothing new to see here. Kara seems to have NO PROBLEM talking things out except with Lee. I think Lee would realize that He would know the second he gave in it would all be on Kara's terms and Kara is a selfish, conniving, coward.
I would love to see something original like Lee gets to keep a little dignity
Guest chapter 1 . 1/18/2014
Going to have to call bullshit on this one. Kara would never, NEVER have told Sam about Zack. She had Sam for the lack of complexity, that she did not have to give anything of herself away. It wasnt this deep relationship your trying to make it out to be.
Scherherazade chapter 6 . 6/8/2012
Unfortunately this is all too believable and basically, when it comes down to essentials, what happened. Well written and heartbreakingly tragic.
Aeidhryn chapter 6 . 3/10/2012
He stared down at his bleeding knuckles and slowly walked into the bathroom to run his hand under the tap.

He looked down to see long blonde hairs in the basin and abruptly turned and walked out again, hand dripping.

Show-don't-tell in all of its epic near-perfection. 3
duchessduchie chapter 6 . 9/6/2011
Great job with this. You really managed to keep the Lee and Kara in character and make the story feel like it could be part of the show.
AngelWings8 chapter 6 . 1/8/2011
Aww. As someone who personally knows exactly that dilemma between being owned and being lost to anyone and everyone, between being loved and feeling 'lovable' for pushing everyone away to where they are staring from a safe distance, between losing everything I've ever wanted and everything I never thought I would need as badly as it turns out that I do...I connect with this all too well. I wish, as I have ever since seeing 'Unfinished Business', that things had gone down this way in the show. I never truly believed that Kara would sleep with Lee without forethought and leave out of momentary panic that way...panic doesn't last in the brain for longer than a few hours at best, and it would have taken Kara way longer than that to get up in the air, find Sam, propose, find a priest and then get back down to New Caprica. Something would have triggered, logic would have returned and she would have stopped what she was doing. It was all too...planned, yet not at the same time. Too not-Starbuck, not real for her character or people in her situation as I know well and it seems you do too. It's nice not to feel so alone...this confrontation makes a better scene, and I believe it more than I do what actually happened in the show. For the two of them to spend so much time separated for the first time in years after Kara slept with Lee would have been unimaginable unless they had had a cleaner break than they did. She would have been entirely dysfunctional for that entire period of time, and he would have been eager still I think to contact her, figure out what happened and why...he always seems to go towards her most when she is hurting him and hasn't provided an explanation. This works. The show didn't so much, for me, on this. Beautiful job capturing some really difficult emotions to put into words, and doing so brilliantly. Many thanks for your eloquence-
anamarya chapter 6 . 10/13/2010
i cried through the last two chapters of this story. but don;t get me wrong, the story is beautiful and they are so in character that i can almost see that happening on the show (even if i know that in canon this happened in a different way).

but i do hope that the sequel end on a not so dark way.
Silwyna chapter 6 . 12/1/2006
OMG, this is so heartbreaking. I'm so relieved I got to read the beginning of the sequel before reading this story.

I feel even more bad for both Lee and Kara. What she did to him was beyond cruel and right now I don't see how he can ever forgive her for this, ever find the strength to pick up the pieces. But knowing Lee, I know he will eventually, right? He just loves her too much to let her go forever.

And I know I should be angry at Kara for doing this, but my heart breaks for her too. She is so afraid to let herself fall in love with Lee, to be happy with him and then lose it again, to be crushed by him when he's done with her. Of course I know that wouldn't happen, he just loves her so much, but she doesn't know. And that's what is making this so sad. They were both so close to eternal happyness and then lost it.

This was a wonderful, amazing, brilliant story ... and I'm so glad you wrote the sequel (I'm deeply hoping it will end with a happy ending).
57 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »