Reviews for Dark Matter
Jayy chapter 1 . 12/20/2009
This is such an amazing gem to be found here on . I enjoyed your writing the entire time. Your characters are real people who make me feel something, both love(poor John!)love hate (Euryton sucks!) and everything in between. And your epilogue? That had me crying. This is such a powerful story, and now I am going to go read your other work here...but probably not tonight.
APFW chapter 1 . 1/19/2009
Well done, a great start to a novel where you can provide us with a long-awaited second chapter.
landwm chapter 1 . 9/27/2008
My heart broke when I read the ending. Your whole series of stories are amazing. I've spent the last few days reading them and each story just gets better and better. But this one was just wow! I could clearly picture Teyla hugging the PDA and rocking back and forth as she listened to John and crying...and then I started crying. Again, your stories are amazing, but this one I will definitely remember.
Asugar chapter 1 . 7/29/2008
This is a novel, not just a story and really quite an achievement. I love the premise and your execution. Subtle, action-packed and yet conveys a lot about the relationship of the characters. I love how you write John and Teyla together as well.
JoyBean chapter 1 . 2/1/2007
Oh my, what a powerful and beautiful story! I agree with the other reviewers, this read like a novel. You are a truely gifted writer.
WriterJC chapter 1 . 12/11/2006
Absolutely fantastic story telling. Beautiful job.
LilBird50 chapter 1 . 9/27/2006
Duh! I posted the review dated 9/25/06 listed as ch 1,anon. I don't know how that showed up anon, I could have sworn I was not logged in as anonymous review. Regardless, I meant every word I said in review below. Greatly anticipating more stories from you.
sydney1965us chapter 1 . 9/26/2006
If I had to think of one word to describe this fic, it would be visceral. I’ve read this twice and cried both times by the end. I’m an avid reader of everything and anything, and have always thought fan fiction was the equivalence of eating a candybar, something to tie me over between books. That was until now. I was drawn in from the beginning and a held captivated till the end. I liked these characters before, but now I love them. Thank you for this fic, and I’m looking forward to your next. Phyllis
spiritedchihiro chapter 1 . 9/26/2006
I cant believe i didnt review this story the first time i read it! cause i just read it again, and it had me almost in tears at the end, just as it did the first time! Awesome story...heart-wrenching ending...although there was some happiness there!

You have to be one of the most talented fanfic writers out there, seriously, you can capture the characters perfectly, and you write an interesting and complex plot which is held throughout the story!

Better read the rest of your stories!
Guest chapter 1 . 9/25/2006
As Hedwig1 stated below, I could so see this as an episode. This story is so poignant. It really really hurt, and I about bawled at the end of it. The story was riveting, and the characterizations excellent. I both pitied and loathed(Euryton specifically)the Aedonians, so well done on their characterization. This is how you do a relationship on a series without losing the focus of the storytelling, the genre you are telling the story in, and without compromising the characters involved in the relationship. 'Interlude One' and 'Interlude Two' were great precursors to the John and Teyla relationship shown in this story. Great job.
Hedwig1 chapter 1 . 9/13/2006
You should seriously consider writing up story treatments on both Dark Matter and the Crystal Room and getting yourself an agent. Seriously, this is, for lack of a more eloquent term, "good stuff." Most fanfiction is derived from an amateur author's desire to see two beloved characters solidify their romantic feelings for each other. As a result, the plots themselves are often inconsequential, AWEFULLY convenient or just downright weak.

The stories you've concocted manage not only to avoid that tiresome device, but inch themselves into the reader's subconcious as an entirely plausible canon episode within the show itself. Seriously, I feel like these are events that HAVE happened on the show. I can see how it would be filmed, directed, acted by Flanigan and the others. It's brilliant storytelling and I strongly encourage you to pursue it in some official form. Again, these could BE episodes. Get yourself an agent!
Halcyon Impulsion chapter 1 . 9/1/2006
*cries*

*cries more*

Now that's an ending. Incredible. Thank you for writing and sharing. Favorite lines:

When something truly evil strikes a world, sometimes the survivors forget that they survived.

Ronon caught his eye with a look that meant, Until it's time to be bad.

She listens for double meanings, the physical and the soul speaking at once. One knows what it wants, the other knows what it needs.
PheonixFlight chapter 1 . 8/26/2006
Utterly breathtaking, a wonderful portrayal of the characters, at times touching and moving, written with depth, flair and wit. I cried at the end, honest to goodness real tears, not many writers can evoke such a resfonse, I applaud you! Thank you for sharing such a wonderful story!
noro chapter 1 . 8/25/2006
That was an amazing chapter really enjoyed reading this and was really heartfelt amazing work love to more of your stories.
ripsconscullmin chapter 1 . 8/22/2006
This story is fantastic! I love it! Loved the backstory you gave Sheppard and Lorne imparting it to Teyla. Loved the Phoebus/Thalan and Aedonian/Alcestian backstory as well. That was brilliant! I appreciated the bits of theoretical physics (I don't often see it in the fanfic that I read). The moments between Lorne and Teyla were lovely - painful, but lovely. The scene where Teyla feels the hand on her shoulder and at first believes it is Lorne, then realizes he is dead and finally breaks down, was very powerful. The recording of John and Rodney's delivery of it was...brilliant. Thank you for your portrayals of Teyla and John (and their relationship) and everyone on the team. Thank you for writing and sharing!