Reviews for Pack of Two
calcium77 chapter 1 . 8/21/2006
Aw...I am a sucker for animals :-) "his fur hanging down almost in his eyes. He needed to go to the groomers soon" Made me giggle in public (was reading it at the airport). Very cute.
onemediumdrip chapter 1 . 8/21/2006
Aaw, that was cute! Very original, too. I've never read a story like this one before. Great job!
Windyfontaine chapter 1 . 8/21/2006
Aww. That was cute, and sad in parts, and unique. I really, really liked it :) I love animals, and live with a cat and a dog (they actually get along okay) and used to read animal stories growing up. Lad a dog was one of my favorites. Anyways, this was good and yes, the brothers do make a pack of two. I thought you did the dog perspective pretty well. Um, don't know what else to add, except that I'm glad you're back, and will be looking forward to your next story :) Have a great day!
ridley chapter 1 . 8/21/2006
Wow. That was so amazing. I loved Ralph's POV. I especially loved him calling Sam's hair fur. So cute. And how he was so upset when he couldn't fix Sam. I've seen those looks before. Dogs have such an amazing ability to heal. And apparently you have an amazing ability to channel dogs. bg. You kept it so true to Ralp all the way through, and I know that had to be difficult. I also liked Dean's reaction. Very Dean.

Excellent story, and such a nice change of perspective and pace,

Ridley
tsweeny chapter 1 . 8/21/2006
I liked it. I'm an animal lover and I think that therapy animals and their people do great work.
angel679 chapter 1 . 8/21/2006
I have never read a story like this one. It was truely unique and I really liked it. I love how you worked in at the end that they were their own pack and that together they basically healed each other. It was really great.
Ghostwriter chapter 1 . 8/21/2006
Awesome. Definitely one of a kind. It was cute too. Catch ya on the flip side.
gollifish chapter 1 . 8/21/2006
Your doggy POV is perfect. The need to comfort, the need to please, the faith that someone will eventually fork over the human food. I miss my dog *sniff*. This was great.
reading chapter 1 . 8/21/2006
Very nice. I enjoyed Ralph's "voice." Especially this:

"The human food was just sitting there. Was he going to eat it? I would like to eat it."

Sam and Dean so need a dog.
Swasti chapter 1 . 8/21/2006
aww that was cute
carocali chapter 1 . 8/21/2006
What a cool interpretation of their hospital visit! People are always making judgements on the Winchesters, but for a dog to do it is truly unique. Everything you mention is so poignant and wonderful. The smells are especially good. Of course, Ralph's views are awesome as well:

"Sam stared at me, his fur hanging down almost in his eyes. He needed to go to the groomers soon."

Classic!

"Was Dean a therapy human? How did he know how to make Sam happy?“

And that certainly goes both ways! Very cool stuff!

:D

Caroline
IheartPadalecki chapter 1 . 8/21/2006
Omg I loved that! Especially when Ralph drooled on Sam, and the fur coming down to Sam's eyes. I have a newfoundland and he drools ALL THE TIME, and it's disgusting but I love him and that reminded me soo much of him.
E. Clay chapter 1 . 8/20/2006
You did such a good job with this story. It was great getting to see the guys from such a different perspective. I loved the Sam angst, and even more so the brotherly love that Ralph was able to pick up on, how he sensed Sam's hurt going away by just watching Dean move and talk to Sam, and how Ralph thought that Dean must be a therapy human, that was very cute.

I also thought that the scents that Ralph picked up on were interesting, how he could smell evil on Sam and Dean but know that they weren't themselves evil, and then the smell of Dean "musky and reeking of the liquid he splashes on his face after he gets wet, and then Sam's smell. "He smells like outside, like a parking lot, like smoke and wood and blood." I just thought these were really fascinating descriptions of Sam and Dean.

Anyway, this was an awesome story. I'm so happy you posted it.

Jennifer
JRAismine chapter 1 . 8/20/2006
That was cute. I work with dogs-all day almost every day- and sometimes get too much of them so I don't usually read about them. However , when I saw your name as author I had to read the story. I'm glad I did. You did a wonderful job of telling this story from Ralph's POV yet still keeping it "doggie". I really liked how he got distracted by the food yet still remembered his training. Made me smile :). My favorite part by far, though, was how Ralph sensed that Dean would do what he(Ralph) could not do by making Sam happy and keeping him safe. Thanks for sharing!
bally2cute chapter 1 . 8/20/2006
That was a lovely story.
52 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 Next »