Reviews for Pack of Two
Rebel Goddess chapter 1 . 1/18/2007
I love the idea of Dean as a therapy human and if that golden retriever is anything like my labradors, that food wouldn't be there long if he had anything to do with it. Sweet story. I liked the use of smells especially.
Rinne chapter 1 . 1/8/2007
Wonderful.

And I just had a moment of, hang on, wasn't there Sam and Ralph in the Looney Tunes cartoons, one of them being a sheep dog? Just amused me, that's all.
nolongeractivedfgdfgd chapter 1 . 12/9/2006
Yeah, my dog is probably one of my best friends. Dogs understand things that a lot of people don't. Good job with this, I liked it.
just-passing-through chapter 1 . 12/5/2006
As much as I adore all your other supernatural fics, this was the one that made me shed a tear. And despite the different POV, you remained extremely true to the characters. I've pretty much read all your stories and I gotta say, they are incredible. I especially love how you can make something as normal as handing out candy during Halloween or swimming, into something so great. Keep up the great work. Cheers.
AnickaMarie chapter 1 . 11/29/2006
Very interesting story from a unique point of view. I absolutely loved this line "Sam stared at me, his fur hanging down almost in his eyes. He needed to go to the groomers soon.". Also the line about Dean being a "therapy human", so cute and at least in Sam's case it's true.
SilverKitsune1 chapter 1 . 11/18/2006
This was very sweet. The POV was an interesting one that you made work so well. Poor Sam.

"Was Dean a therapy human? How did he know how to make Sam happy?"

I giggled at this because as much as it'sort of true, I can just see Dean's reaction to being called something like this.

Great story.
Nana56 chapter 1 . 10/29/2006
Really good! I love looking at the brothers from an outside pov and this was really special coming from a therapy dog. Those are very special, as all dogs are, to look at the humans from that pov was cute! Anyone who's ever been owned by a dog recognizes those expressions and actions.

I loved the comment about Sam needing to go to the groomers! Yep. Dean smelling more strongly of the external evil was great, too.

Happiness and safety when their together. Uh huh! Makes me happy, too.

Great job!
waterdragon719 chapter 1 . 10/13/2006
Aww...that was such a sad, cute story. Very well done!
Surplus Imagination chapter 1 . 9/28/2006
Well, I loved it. I think the best touch was Ralph wanting the food at the end. A dog never loses touch with his stomach. That bit of story makes the rest believable.

Nicely done. Thanks!
red121 chapter 1 . 9/7/2006
Loved this - very interesting and original perspective on Sam and Dean - Sam especially, by looking at them from a dog's point of view.
Spense chapter 1 . 9/1/2006
Terrific story. Animals are very special and can touch people in ways other humans can't possible imagine. I think they read us much better than we ever will read them.

I love the fact that Sam was able to find some peace with Ralph, and Ralph's view of the situation. His take on evil is very simple, and very profound. Yet, at the end, he's still a dog, wanting food, as well as giving comfort.

Very, very nice.
Northface chapter 1 . 9/1/2006
Just got back from holidays-what a great read! Although my first glimpse was "bring what I know into the world of Supernatural; my name is Ralph, and I’m a purebred Golden Retriever." And I had to reassure myself that you were, you know, actually a person. Do you work with / handle / care for therapy dogs? That would be a very cool, but very hard, job.

"I continue to pant softly and my tail swishes across the floor. Humans seem to like it when I do these things..." Hee! And: "Sam stared at me, his fur hanging down almost in his eyes." And: "strange little animals that live in the trees". I, too, think that squirrels are very, very strange.
buffgirl73 chapter 1 . 8/23/2006
This was absolutely fab, a really unique idea, thanks for a great read.
Carikube chapter 1 . 8/22/2006
This is so very different from your other pieces, which makes it work in its own way. The POV, told from a dog’s perspective with all of the things that I would never have noticed, or thought of.

I really like how Ralph notices the things that a dog would notice, and doesn’t notice the things that they wouldn’t. Like the little boy they first visit, it’s a plain experience, but the focus is on Ralph and what is important to him. The dog tags, the collar, his focus on his owner and what she wants him to do next. He’s pre-empting her next move, which is what well trained dogs do.

The slippery floor is a great detail. Again, that great dog perspective. Ralph’s perceptions of Sam are painful, the sadness he feels emanating from him, and then he senses the evil. Wow! Of course he would.

The whole Ralph getting close to Sam was so doggie! I could feel the slobber!

Sam’s fur hanging in his eyes, and he needs to go to the groomers. Oh yeah, that boy does need a good grooming. I’m volunteering!

** “Ralph belches and passes gas just like every other guy.”

Ooh yeah, this I love! I could just see Dean turning several shades of red if he had overheard that.

** “Bruised kidney.”

Oh yeah, ouch!

Ralph trying to understand what he’s sensing on Sam and likening it to the small animals he chases is wonderfully done. His confusion about what he’s smelling, he knows Sam is good, but doesn’t understand why he smells evil. Then Sam starts crying. Oh gosh… I wanted to become Ralph and make it all better. Poor guy!

But, the best, the very best, is when Dean comes in, and Ralph senses Sam’s sadness and hurt going away. Dean does what Ralph can’t. Dean as a therapy human. Oh yeah, that works for me! ;-)

And then Ralph goes all cross-eyed over the food. Everything else gets forgotten, and then he slimes on Sam.

Loved it! Just such a different take on things, and it worked beautifully. Well done!
LoveJeter chapter 1 . 8/22/2006
Great POV from the dog! I love how the dog sensed how Sam was feeling and how different Sam was from his usual people he visited. I also love how the dog realized Sam & once he met Dean they were special and they fought evil and beat evil and they were good! I love how Ralph was upset that he couldn't fix Sam but as soon as Dean walked in Sam seemed better and Ralph realized it and was happy that Sam was ok.

Very different story and a very good read. Thanks for this!
68 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 .. Last Next »