Reviews for The Dance of the Macabre
Soluzek chapter 39 . 12/21/2013
Brilliant. F-ing brilliant. So much characterization brought to life here, with a dark, twisted and intricate plot that I couldn't stop chasing from the off. I like that not everything was all sewn up in the end and lots of questions lingered; it balances with the outcome of Reno very well. Bravo!
lilith dracul chapter 39 . 7/13/2013
Wow!
lilith dracul chapter 12 . 7/11/2013
Haha I like this cloud way better when he is not being an emo prick hehe
Red Turk chapter 39 . 6/19/2013
I...man this was so intense o.o I mean, I sat here for 2 days doing nothing but reading over this because I was looking for a good Reno fic to read and this was basically my crack. I love the fact that by the end of it Vincent once again shows up and just gives them what they need and is gone XD He is the night. Anyway this was such a beautiful and involved story and I love the name Renault you gave for Reno. Not to mention the lemons were amazing, since I am a pervert by nature XD Thank you for such an amazing read!
Ems4179 chapter 39 . 1/27/2013
Wow, this has been such a compelling story. I should be working on my own story but I couldn't pull myself away from this.

Rufus was, in my opinion, adorable. Felt so bad for all that he went through - and for Reno too. Even felt a LITTLE sorry for aldrich at the end.

Was actually near tears when I read that Reno went with Cloud but it also made me itch for a decent Reno/Cloud story at the same time as your hints towards the two together were tantalising.

...And now I'm running off to read The Gemini Project. :)
starry34 chapter 39 . 6/19/2012
Wow, I don't even know where to begin with this fic. It's bar none one of the best FFVII fics I've ever read, if that's any indication. I had so many feelings over everything, and the whole thing was achieved so masterfully, with gorgeous use of language, emotion and extremely skillful use of point-of-view.

This was basically just totally crazy. First of all, your characterizations were spot-on. F-ing Rufus and all his little sick comments, god, it was so perfect. And Reno. Wow. There aren't a lot of really -good- Reno-centric fics out there, and a lot of them sell him short, in my opinion. I loved the many dimensions you gave to him here, though. I have to admit that when he started to go crazy, I wasn't sure what I thought of it, but it was so fascinating to watch that I kept on and gained so much respect for you as an author over the course of the fic with the way you tied everything today. Reno's emotional issues and weird dissociative states and his completely F'd-up past were beautifully detailed. Seriously. I'm a psych nerd and your accounts of much of his troubles were dead accurate in terms of symptoms and diagnoses. He definitely didn't have multiple personality disorder, which I was extremely impressed and interested to note that you did state in the end of the fic, but so many of his other psychological issues were so gorgeously legit that for a weird, psych-loving freak like me, it was almost orgasmic.

You know, as if all the Rufus/Reno action wasn't enough.

I basically can't give you enough positive feedback on this work. The interpersonal relationships were brilliant, dynamic and unpredictable, and holy crap. You actually introduced OC's that I didn't want to burn in the darkest pits of hell. Well. Maybe some of them, for being sick freaks, but definitely not because they were poorly characterized. I actually really loved Erryn by the end, despite the fact that in my mind everybody should love Reno- no, but on that note, I actually loved that she was so loathe to forgive him because I thought it was more believable that way. And her reaction to his death... I can't.

And that last chapter was a sick little joke (that I loved) in which I cried my eyes out and outright REFUSED to skip ahead to see if Reno had survived because I. Didn't. Want. To. Know. Because it was so much more emotional and gorgeous and heartbreaking and (masochistic) to NOT know, and notice that the little scrollbar was getting further down on its way and he was still dead. Rufus f'ing put me over the edge, though, god, the way he completely lost it broke my heart into like fifteen pieces and then everything else just totally kicked me in the metaphorical balls.

Gosh, I feel like I'm getting way too carried away in this review, but I have so many feelings after reading this and I don't even know if you read your reviews or whatever but for all the fantastic work you put into this piece I think you deserve all the credit and appreciation in the world. Thank you so much for this brilliant fic!
Gyp Dark chapter 25 . 5/16/2012
Absolutely loving this thing, need to take a break from it for a while but I've faved it so I can come back to it and read more. Love love love love love. So dark and bitter, but wonderful nonetheless. Just woooooooooooonderful! Amazing work with Reno, and I loved his relationship with Rude - Rude was very kind to him. OBVIOUSLY loved his relationship with Rufus too, the twisted, unstable, but almost-loving thing that it was. Just fantastic, fantastic, fantastic job. Brilliant! Thanks so much for writing it!
Yamon chapter 25 . 2/29/2012
Wow... they kindo really get psychotic now...

I'm not sure if I like Reno that much fucked up.

It's getting a bit strange and I cannot relate anymore.

And a second personallity is... well I'll see in the next chapters, I guess.
Yamon chapter 8 . 2/27/2012
Your characterization is great.

Reno is acutally not ondimensinal for once!

I'm not sure what to think about Rufus yet.

He is a bastard after all.
Jevens chapter 39 . 11/14/2010
This was my third time reading this fic, and I just have to say, I've read a lot of fanfiction but this is still easily the best story I've ever read.

The depth of the characters, the plot...everything. I've always liked Reno but I never really thought much of Rufus, but after reading this fic I completely fell in love with him.

This is the only story I've read where after I finished it I immediately wanted to go back and read it again.

You should cherish this, it's brilliant, and I'm not exaggerating! Thank you for writing this beautiful story.
Kyu-Momo chapter 39 . 10/4/2010
man that was cool!

Thanks for the awesome rife.

*hugs Reno and Rufus*
Kyu-Momo chapter 22 . 10/4/2010
That was wonderful and incredibly moving.

Excellent Job! (and heh, I was right... )
Kyu-Momo chapter 19 . 10/3/2010
Wow.. just... Beautifully written!

Damn to think what Reno went through... I wonder how much time he went through the torture...? (yeah, the term for that for mad scientists is always "experiment")

poor Reno!

Man you wrote his reactions so well!

just WOW!

And poor Reno...

*hugs*
Kyu-Momo chapter 16 . 10/3/2010
Damn... (yay for being repetitive)

But holy.. poor Reno! :(

he's going through hell!

I'm very impressed how you managed not only the torture scenes but the delirium throughout the time. Great job!

Man I am loving this. (and contrary to what it may look like, "Loving" is a word I don't use that often with fanfiction unless it's just that damn good. pat yourself on the back for being awesome!)

Take care!
Kyu-Momo chapter 15 . 10/3/2010
uh oh... that can't be good! o.o;;

And DAMN... I should have know that Rufus planned that out just to torment Reno. (and awww... That part with Elena was cute! I LOVE how Reno was protecting her! GO RENO!)

I really enjoy the way you've layered the different aspects of Rufus' personality together. Yes, it's generally made out that he's a self centered ass, but never really seems to to be fleshed out a lot.

So, your take on him is a very interesting. In character but also much more than meets the eye. So far he's very complex and intriguing and I can't wait to see how you develop his character!

Well done! (repetitive, yes, but just as true as the first time I typed it. )

Whoo!