Reviews for Hostile Genes
Freak87 chapter 9 . 2/15/2007
Poor Carol, her night just is not going well now is it? I loved the interludes with Mystique and Magneto. I especially loved the first bit with Magneto moving the chess piece. The...vacant...disassociated...something, however you want to describe how Rogue was awake but wasn't, was really interesting to read. Very in the moment, not thinking, just reacting to impulses, nice job. Loved the chapter, keep up the awesome work.
Roguechere chapter 9 . 2/13/2007
Where was Remy for the search n rescue mission at the end?

Keep up the good work!
Crack4sure chapter 9 . 2/12/2007
OMG that was brilliant. I like the hwole like knowing what is up with Magneto and Mystique. I like how Carl like thinks that Rogue is slutty haha I laugh. She and Remy are still unbelievably cute even though they did not talk he only like watched her. So this was uber good. UPDATE SOON PLEASE!
yokainomiko chapter 9 . 2/12/2007
Such a crazy chapter! I'm mean, whoa! Rogue didn't even seem to NOTICE that she was using multiple people's powers. She just used them. That's way cool. I also enjoyed the insight of Remy's growing feelings for Rogue and Magneto's and Mystique's parts in this chapter. Were the familiar eyes referencing their relations to each other? Are you going to make them blood related in this story or adopted or what? I don't even know if that question makes sense . I can't wait until next chapter!
shamrockbaby411 chapter 9 . 2/12/2007
i love rogue and gambit! this story is really great. i can't wait for the next chapter.
Kaoz chapter 9 . 2/12/2007
LOVED IT! Just fix the typos n hurry up with the next chapter. cant wait to see what happens next.
lovestoread chapter 9 . 2/12/2007
hey that was awesome as always! i think it was great how you had everyone come into play in this chapter, espcially how Mystique seems to recognize Rogue at some point in her changing. I also think that it was interesting how you made Rogue's powers come back into action. I mean in all the comics and such she has always had problems with her inprints of others. I loved Remy, he was a gentleman in trying to watch out for her. And Logan barging in at the end, priceless. I love his charaacter and the relantionship he has with Rogue. I can't wait for more to come, thanks for the update!
MuffledSnickers chapter 9 . 2/12/2007
dun Dun DUN! CAROL'S IN THIS, YEY! *hugs the helpless author* Now Rogue's SUPERWOMAN! And who cares if it's Au, it's wonderful! I love it when Carol's added into the movie x-men.

So anyway, can you believe it? No! Me either! Here I am thinkin' 'all right man! I'm gunna be the first to review for the new update, you betcha!' And then-what happens? I GET NO ALERT! Unbelievable! I clearly remember clicking the ALERT ME NOW button! What a bunchof rip offs!

Ok, now that I've voiced my anger to (whom we all love and adore) Let's get to the chapter review, ey? Yeh. So anyway, Rogue went Skanky on us! Bad mind psyches! *Wonders who's psyche is the skanky one* Well, so can Rogue like...call up any power now? But since she absorbed Carol with accelerated abilities, Oh boy, how fun! I can't wait to see how she deals with all the new psyches she absorbed! That's going to be fun! And Carol's of course! And-Are they going to pick Carol up, or no? Just leave her? (PICK HER UP, PICK HER UP!) Oh boy! So much is happening, how exciting! And no one really cares about Magneto, but Mystique is back! -AND That's right, hun! You better notice something familiar about your DAUGHTER'S APPEARANCE! Hmm, how doesn't Mystique know she has a daughter? And is Kurt also her son in this? :O ROGUE AND KURT ARE SIBLINGS! How enticingly exciting! Of course, that's not exactly unoriginal plot, but I still love to see it happen!

And of course, the chapter's length is just beautiful, as are all the others. Hmm, are Rogue's psyches gunna have control over her when she's awake? Her mutation sure works fast now, just like in the comics. Barely a little touch and WABAM! beautyful. That's whatcha get for going all slutty on us Roguey! Well, I certainly can't wait to see what happens when she wakes up. A very good torturous chapter to Rogue, and Mystique-and nobody cares about Mags so just leave it at that. And yes! ROMY! Remy cares for her! A lot! And he doesn't know why! How long is Bobby going to be out-cough, LONGTIME, the little icicle just won't understand. I hope somebody understands that it wasn't Rogue being all slutty. Since Ms Marvel's already got a low opinion of her, that just needs to be fixed-Rogue's the best, you looser! But she got absorbed for it, so it all evens out...maybe, she still owes Rogue a bit, yes I think so.

Remy's caring nature for Rogue is so cute. It's gunna be even better now that she's in the hospital for the second time! How wonderful. And poor Besty, just trying to help out and wabam! She's struck like THAT! Welp, I'll just have to wait with all these other little reviewers now-An' Click on the ALERT ME button several hundred times to get it to work.

So, Good action-packed update. I'm immensly glad Carol is in this now and look forward to the future updates! Cya!

Ice
enchantedlight chapter 9 . 2/12/2007
great chapter! update soon!
Remy'sRose chapter 9 . 2/12/2007
wow, that was crazy. So everyone's coming back into their own now, huh? But will she still be able to touch Remy? I love that prt you put in about the flock of crows because I saw the same thing not even a few minutes ago. I heard a hawk outside and it was right above my backyard with a baby crow in its claws. There was a mass of adult crows around the hawk but it just sat there and killed the baby; then ate it right there on the telephone pole. So needless to say I got an acurate picture of what you were describing ;-) But this was a great chapter and poor Remy was so concerned about her. I'm holding out for a happy ending though.
ishandahalf chapter 9 . 2/12/2007
ooh, and the powers return... dun dun duhh. that was REALLY well done - especially that scene in the club. oh boy, i really can't wait to see how rogue reacts to everything that happened when she wakes up... but will she wake up as herself? i can't wait to find out! update soon, please!
Ashandarei chapter 9 . 2/12/2007
Oh...

Very, very, good chapie.

Especially liked Mags overload :D

One question, though.

Since you are following Rogue's premisse (destiny,ROMY,Carol), will there be backstory to anyone else? Like Logan's claws actually being bone, not implants.
Amakusa chapter 9 . 2/12/2007
I'm kind of hoping that you're comment after the end of Chapter 8, regarding Rogue not really being there, indicates, somewhat, the reason why she seens unsurprised and undismayed at the return of her powers, originally.

Other than that, I hope that soon you will bring out more Romy goodness, meaning the angst that everyone knows just seems to be a snug and perfect fit for this couple.

:) Bye for now!
angw chapter 9 . 2/12/2007
Rogue is not going to be happy when she wakes up. How will she handle the extra personalities?

Another great chapter :)
Chica De Los Ojos Cafe chapter 9 . 2/12/2007
Amazing! I loved it! Can't wait for what's next! UPDATE SOON!

~Chica~