Reviews for The Valiant Never
Gabby Byella chapter 20 . 2/12
I liked this chapter fic worshiping this perfect looking forward to this next chapter very interesting anxious for more ai next chapter
The White Leopard chapter 25 . 6/4/2013
I was going to wait until I got to the end of the story to review, but I just have to say: Regulus is absolutely right. Sirius, as far as I have seen in the story thus far, does not deserve Hermione. Certainly not over her other two potential paramours. Now, I adore the elder Black brother, but really. It took Hermione assaulting him in his sleep to get him to even notice her as a woman. Sure, he knew her as a schoolgirl and I'm sure that would make any potential romantic thoughts a little awkward, but he met her for the second time as a stranger - one he considered too young for himself to be interested in. Now that he recognizes at least the potential of a physical relationship with her, he goes and does something stupid like this. Hermione's love of him aside, I see nothing that says he deserves her. Regulus, on the other hand, almost instantly recognized Hermione as not only a desirable woman, but one worth grabbing onto and not letting go. As for Raj, he's more difficult to figure out, but it seems to me that he and Hermione have some serious chemistry - no pun intended - and at least he acts a proper gentleman toward her. They would have to get to know each other better before I could say anything more, and I'm under the impression that Raj's secret, though doubtless not a secret much longer, has been getting in the way of it.

Mostly, I just wanted to get that off my chest. As it's primarily a sleep-deprived rant, I don't imagine it's overly constructive. Mostly, it just conveys my personal opinion that Sirius, as the presumed primary romantic interest, needs more going for him than his name to win me to his side. I'm just not getting many romantic feels from him. Of course, you're probably going to prove me wrong in the very next chapter, but hey.

I'll save my other comments for later, as they concern the story's overarching structure and I haven't yet seen the whole thing. So, I suppose I'll wrap it up by saying that your writing is certainly unique and it has been enjoyable to read.
Guest chapter 15 . 1/24/2013
Just want to drop a quick review because I want to continue reading this fic ;). I love the way this reads like a novel (i.e. the attention to detail, the characterization, etc.). I also have to admit that it is a little confusing because of its depth so I plan to go back and read it from the beginning again when I am done (which I also love because that's what I have to do with most deep books that I read). Keep up the good work, and your writing is much appreciated: not too fluffy nor any signs of a shallow plot. Cheers!
P.S. I am most definitely shipping Raj and Hermione right now lol
Guest chapter 36 . 7/10/2012
Alright, a couple of things. I have read your story a few times, because it truly is awesome. Amazingly well-written, an original plot, and not as predictable as most fanfictions out there. I (obviously) wouldn't have read it multiple times if I didn't think it was a great read.

My only gripe with your story is you writing "a'tall." ... FFS, that's not a real word, you're looking to use "at all." I understand that with some accents it sounds as though they say it that way, but I found it to be stupidly distracting, like someone using the wrong form of your/you're, or someone writing "alot" instead of "a lot." It sucks because I really do enjoy your story, and I'm aware that it's a minor issue for me to actually complain about overall, but my inner grammar nazi would get hung up on this single word (that should have been two words) because it's such a ridiculous error.
Scythling chapter 36 . 12/21/2011
Well, I have literally just taken all day to read this, and I'm pretty sure it's all sinking in still, but I assure, you loved every second of it. The plot devices were brilliant [I adored the detail to the Merlin era storyline, characters like Raj and even Snape and Draco getting a good look in] the dialogue and narrative was superb, [I actually got shivers at parts] both Regulus and Sirius' stories had a wonderful amount of detail and friction, which can be said for the story on the whole. Thoroughly enjoyed this brilliant and original adaption of J.K's Potterverse.
SkylarCraze chapter 2 . 8/20/2011
I am so confused.

Am I supposed to be? Is this one of those starts-off-all-mysterious fics? I'm kinda really lost in the mystery, though.

Ugh. I hope I understand soon. Maybe this isn't all that complex and I'm just stupid. X_X
SiriusJess chapter 36 . 5/1/2011
AWESOME!
Rafitcha chapter 36 . 3/10/2011
OMG

This is one of the best fic I ever read in my life... I'm just sad because my English is too poor, and that's why I can't say everything that I want and/or felt about your fanfiction.

I couldn't stop reading, the OC were great, and I have to say... your Regulus is the best description ever made in my opinion.

Thank you very much for sharing this story with us.
BuJyo chapter 3 . 10/29/2010
I so enjoy how you can utterly put me in a scene. I could feel Hermione's boredom and irritation, then the 'deer in the headlights'...and the relief once in the garden.

Obviously, that last battle was far more scarring than anyone outside of the circle realizes.

I, too, want to know who Raj McGregor is!
BuJyo chapter 2 . 10/28/2010
Your use of local dialect during the dialogue between Nigel and Kent is amazing! I could get hear them clear as day. :)

So...who's the pile of rags...should I know this person?

Oh, that dream...I was holding my breath. Hermione has always seemed like a dreamer to me, no matter how focused and determined and no-nonsense she appears, that girl is a romantic. :)

OMG...I so feel for her in that boring summer intern position. Gads...been there. *yawn*

Love that they're in Ireland *sigh*
BuJyo chapter 1 . 10/27/2010
I am intrigued...yes, my precious...oh, wait..I'm mixing realms, aren't I?

The dog back from the dead is invoking visions combined of Pet Semitary, the Hound of the Baskervilles and, for some reason, American Werewolf in London :D Spooky!

Love the idea of a janitor with a magic wand...taking out the trash.

Why do I have a feeling you're going to completely suck me in with this? Oh, yes, because you're AWESOME! :)
dracosnumber1girl chapter 36 . 8/22/2010
This was such a twisted little story! Kept me guessing the whole way through while allowing me to think I had it figured out until I realized I didn't! Great job!
memory is strange chapter 36 . 7/24/2010
Absolutely perfect. Thank you for that beautiful work. Honest pleasure to read :)
memory is strange chapter 1 . 7/22/2010
i love this
oceanluvr chapter 3 . 6/20/2010
I am enjoying your story so far. I had to say I love the name Raj MacGregor... too cool.