Reviews for Friend, Son or What?
JeanneZ84 chapter 1 . 5/27/2007
Well,Mark was kinda hurt over things wasnt Mark has always wanted was to feel needed and loved and wanted and he always has to realize He has that with Milt and always will.

I read this before and now again.I just want to say this is a wonderful insight on Marks feelings of belonging,being needed,and needing to feel loved.

JeanneZ84
Tharin chapter 1 . 8/28/2006
I guess that captures perfectly how confused Mark must have felt after he found out about Hardcastle's son. Well written.
owlcroft chapter 1 . 8/25/2006
I wish we had more of these journal entries. They're such a neat way to see inside a person, to really "hear" the thoughts without a lot of description of expression and action getting in the way. Very clever idea and very well executed. As always!
L.M.Lewis chapter 1 . 8/24/2006
Very nice musings. If you ever wanted to go back into the journal biz, it'd be much appreciated.

Yeah, gotta wonder about H 'protesting too much' on the subject of substitutes, but you have McC accepting his statements at face value, of course, like someone would who is all too accustom to rejection. Not only does he believe it, he even denigrates himself for merely wishing it wasn't true.

And always willing to settle for whatever is tossed his way. "If it never goes further than this, I could be happy."

Aww.

Very, very nice.
e-pony chapter 1 . 8/23/2006
Liz,

I thought this was an insightful little sneak-peek into MMcC’s psyche. Certainly, he would have cause to feel uncertain, surprised and maybe a little hurt in that situation. I would love to see you expand this into a missing scene or a POV piece from the epi. But it does stand well on its own.

What else do you have cookin’ in your noggin?

Pony
sbishoff chapter 1 . 8/22/2006
I loved this the first time I read it and still love it just as much. Mark's confusion at the revelation that a son existed was definitely realistic. He's not sure where he stands, and wonders how he fits into the judge's life.

I hope to see more from you soon.