Reviews for A Healer's Touch
Vadercat chapter 1 . 3/12
Well the old woman was understandable, he could have increased her life span and probably made it more comfortable, but he should have also respected her wishes to die of natural causes. That why they have DNR forms for people to fill out and have honored. Some people feel they have lead their life and don't want extreme measures to end it at the expense of quality of life. Our medical system has interesting cruxes in it that seems to contradict for what it stands for given that the medical field is suppose to abide by the Hippocrates oath and yet so often finds some justification to side step it.
twinchaosblade chapter 1 . 5/16/2007
True.

As much as it hurts and as sad it may sound, but it's also a virtue to know when to stop.
001ElvenWarrior chapter 1 . 8/22/2006
Couldn't have said it well enough myself. Just like in Michael Crichton's Jurassic Park: Just because we can, does it mean we should? (referring to the genetic engineering of dinosaurs.)

Very nice - superpowers...its the one thing they haven't acquired in the Pegasus Galaxy...yet. Putting aside the Wraith enzyme, of course. Kudos for Carson! He's always strong in the face of adversary.
Vecturist chapter 1 . 8/21/2006
You hit the nail on the head. Carson may be a great doctor and geneticist, but he's not above cutting a few corners and ignoring some policies...
TakeAWhackAtIt chapter 1 . 8/21/2006
Oh, poor Carson. We don't get as much insight into him as we do the other characters, so this was nice. Very believable, emotional, could have been put in an episode. And, since I assume the man he loves is Rodney (I hope, at least *fingers crossed*), I love this story even more! Great job!