Reviews for Metroid:Halo
FYI, my real name is:
Samus A Tavener
No joke
Wraith Five chapter 4 . 6/23/2010
I haven't actually played halo before (at least story mode), so I don't know the entire storyline, but I do know the basics. Also, there is a Halo Wiki somewhere that could help. Also, don't forget Samus' charge combos. ZAPZAPZAP. BOOM. BURN! and ... (long silence b/c of frozen enemies). AKA: Wavebuster, Super Missile, Flamethrower, and Ice Spreader. (just an idea.)
Wraith Five chapter 3 . 6/23/2010
I lolled at how her ship keeps getting damaged, then BOOM. ship damaged. LOLOLOL!
beserkerbeast chapter 4 . 8/30/2008
its pretty good so far, keep it up

BB
Vaekrix chapter 1 . 7/29/2007
I like the concept, I can't believe I've never thought of such a thing. I just may start one inter-mixing the two as well.
Skrit chapter 1 . 7/9/2007
There is no way in hell that Master Chief would just kinda, "Hey, if, uh, you know, I could get a little help, that'd be kinda nice..." He doesn't need someone else to be a fellow gunman. He would go for it himself. Isn't that what the game is all about?

Now, if instead, you put him in a more descriptive situation, and, say, he needed to do a job in like a ship similar to the Pillar of Autumn, which required two people to do, that would make more sense. Like, say, he needs someone else working machinery in another part of the ship to blow up a halo. You know how the Arbiter and Master Chief work together without quite realizing it? Get them to do something cooperatively that's more than just gun help. Samus is more an infiltrate and reconassaince character with her morph ball and scanners, Master Chief is busting in and killing anyone. I'd reccommend putting those professions to use. MC doesn't need any help taking down any armies, he does that in his sleep. That's why he's Master Chief.

I hope my comments make sense, and I look forward to seeing what you create next, cuz I would like to see Samus and John team up.
Tankred chapter 4 . 5/24/2007
They talk too much, especially Master Chief is alwys very short in his comments.
Narc626 chapter 4 . 5/23/2007
Please update asap. make the chapters long too please!
GrizlyPhantom chapter 4 . 4/28/2007
Nice Nice! Please Continue!
dogman15 chapter 3 . 4/22/2007
The multiple points of view are a bit different, but you've made it work well. I've always wondered if these two would get together, and now that I've discovered I can read about events like this.
dogman15 chapter 1 . 4/22/2007
I like this! I want to keep reading it. I especially like how you chose to tell this story from a first-person perspective.
Dmitri Stormblood chapter 3 . 12/8/2006
very good story. i like the fact that you also think samus is a bit cliched with the ship always shot down. although why hasnt she lost her upgrades is beyond me considering it happens at every game.

still not much to improve just that it needs to be longer
Upgraded Arwing chapter 2 . 12/6/2006
hey i like this. plan on finishing it?
Ing Lord chapter 3 . 10/7/2006
nice. keep writing! it was great!
DigiTails chapter 3 . 9/21/2006
mhm, for "brushing up" I highly recommend the novel "Halo: The Fall of Reach" "Halo: The Flood" and "Halo: First Strike" They're good novels. Fall of Reach gives you the best info for the bacground of the Spartans and how they act. First Strike is also good for that.

So about Halo, which Tiger Tank didn't tell you, most of the Spartan-II are dead, there are a few remaining (and I'd love to see them in this, no one includes them).

The Master Cheif's name is "John 117" (his last name was removed when he was drafted into the army at seven years), but no one calls him John except other Spartans or Dr. Halsey.

John wouldn't exactly say "who, sadly, is in a better place I guess" Spartans aren't religious (at least that I've noticed) and he mainly gets pissed when his teammates get killed, or blames himself...the most emotion was rage after thinking about how his "brothers and sisters" (the other Spartans) were all dead to his knowledge then.

Although Samus's suit is modular...I don't know why the Cheif would be carrying a random com-link around like that. John would only take that from a corpse if his was broken, and only from other MJOLNIR armor. And no, no "wow"s when he's in awe...the only Spartan that did stuff like that is long since dead. He also wouldn't make such a long intro. The cheif's visor is reflective plating, so I dunno how she could see him smirk (in chapter one)

Now then, about Metroid (Though you've proven yourself adept with this, there are a few errors)...go here for information about her early life...since that will take too long to explain.