Reviews for The framework of the universe
xxkoffeexx chapter 1 . 3/24/2009
Kukuku. Kyouya is always welcome to be MY wife, of course. But Haruhi is so cool... and in this fic, they totally, naturally, completely belong to each other. Sigh. Very nice.
Shiro-angel chapter 1 . 1/14/2009
hm this definitely isn't like any other typical fic. Tamaki is considerably more annoying than usual, almost unbearable, but still quite funny. I may have to re-read this to grasp the concept of "love" or marriage between these two. It was still enjoyable. Keep it up!
aloette chapter 1 . 8/26/2008
I simply love it...your writing style is so flawless. I can imagine Haruhi saying that she married Kyouya because he's less annoying and I can imagine Tamaki's wedding vows. (Though, who would say it?)
hope-passion chapter 1 . 4/25/2008
See? and that's exactly why I prefer Kyouya/Haruhi

it seems so heartbreaking but it's actually simple and sweet
Avalon Estel chapter 1 . 4/21/2008
Lovely, perfectly written, and bittersweet. I feel bad for Kyouya - and the rest of the hosts who were too annoying. Haruhi is cruel without even realizing it. XD This is a logical turn for their lives. The characters were portrayed just right. People have a tendency to make Tamaki overblown and idiotic, but you captured him completely during the wedding speech conversation. Everyone was perfect, and several lines had me cracking up. Great, great work! This is going in the favorites!
wittyying chapter 1 . 4/6/2008
Love this! My first reading of Ouran fanfic ever and pleasantly surprised by the quality (no offense-it's just that I'm surprised at my luck).

I loved how you did this in Kyoya's POV and showed how, like the excellent businessman he is supposed to be in the manga, to view everything as a commodity. I also loved how even though he is married to Haruhi, the entire group still stayed together. I can't imagine them staying "in-character" if the group dissolved (they seem to only act the way they are in school and around each other but not around others).

I also loved Haruhi's reason for marrying Kyoya-he IS the least annoying one and fixes messes rather than causing them (although the messes do bring excitement into his life). And I loved the way she included her love for all of them-even though Kyoya couldn't see it at first.

Anyway, I just love this fic. It feels like it could be an epilogue to the anime. Thank you for writing it.
teeenaaa chapter 1 . 3/30/2008
i can't believe how many times i've read this (on lj and also here at ffnet) without actually reviewing...i'm rather ashamed of myself, actually, since you clearly deserve a review. so! here goes!

LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! need i say more?

well, yes actually. basically...every sentence, every phrase, every word is absolutely wonderful. then, of course, there are all those particular phrases which stand out, but most of the other reviews sufficiently cover these ) but, really, I'm astounded by the quality of your writing, it's amazing. you're definitely one of the best Ouran writers out there. not only do you stay completely true to all the characters, but the whole atmosphere of the story screams "Ouran!" D

and let's not forget that while not many writers can do this, you've managed kyouyaxharuhi in a completely credible, realistic and /believable/ way, without a speck of OOCness

all in all, a simply brilliant fic from an evidently brilliant writer D thank you so much for such a lovely piece, i really hope you write more Ouran soon ) but now i'm off to review your other (already published) OHSHC fics!
Elaienar chapter 1 . 3/22/2008
Hmm. I'm not a Kyouya-Haruhi fan, but I liked the way you wrote this, and their attitudes were fitting. Haruhi does seem like the sort of person who loves everybody more or less equally and ends up marrying the one who is the least annoying just because.
solysal chapter 1 . 3/20/2008
You actually managed to capture the crack-filled awesomeness that is Ouran Host Club. Which is, in itself, awesome. Haruhi, Tamaki, and Kyouya's dialogue throughout was flawless and there were so many lines to love. Very, very nice.
kokonutsu chapter 1 . 1/2/2008
The characters are in character, the romance is low key, and the impact is still lingering. There's something real about the way you've written this.
yuMeNami chapter 1 . 8/27/2007
...great..well,, this is great
Sambucivox chapter 1 . 8/13/2007
Phrase by phrase:

"Honey and Mori were hovering around the chocolate fountain. That had perhaps been a bad idea." - yes, it was.

"the five palatial walk-in closets maintained for people who didn't even live in the house"- right... that's what they think. But in fact, we all know that they slither their way into the Ootori mansion when the sun comes down and crouch at the feet of Haruhi's bed, ne? But of course that they need a fresh change of clothing in the morning!

"Kyouya wondered if the Suou family had the knees of Tamaki's trousers reinforced," - LOL. My grandmother used to think in those terms. It's funny to see your Kyouya channeling her.

"They will be taller than they were at school," - LOL. So absurd.

"to clone yourself so that future Kyouyas, equally handsome and determined, could protect her in case you, the original, should die prematurely; to extract your respective DNAs and mingle them in the cement that would be used to form a massive statue of the two of you wrapt in passionate embrace, as an eternal albeit aesthetically offensive monument to your love

- the creepiest wedding vow ever written. Was Tamaki addicted to science-fiction soap operas at that time of his life?

"But then what was the magical buzzing, almost too low for the human ear to detect, I heard on that epochal day? It crept into my own heart, enchanting my senses, telling me that yes, no obstacle could come in the way of love when it was thus preordained - "

"That was my cousin Akane's cellular phone,"

- Because every single person in that family is a workaholic and will refuse to turn off their mobile devices even at the most solemn circumnstances, just in case their stocks raise a point.

"Tamaki stopped to think. It looked painful." - Kyouya is cruel.

"Arai-kun seemed to be having a good time, though he looked out of place in his rented dinner jacket." - did he invite Arai to make Haruhi feel more comfortable? I'm glad. He's charming, that boy.

"She was slouching a little, even after the rigorous training in correct posture they had all given her." - Maybe with books and needles and ballet bars, right?

"Anyway, they don't want me to be pretty anymore." - ouch. The twins took it badly. Well played.

""We're not in an attractive location," said Haruhi. Kyouya had to agree. So did the covert team of bodyguards he had posted around Haruhi's workplace." - Hahahahahha. The prince of information, that's what she married.

"Tamaki would have compared them to a spray of diamonds on dusky velvet, but Kyouya made it his business to know the relative values of things, and it would cheapen starlight to equate the stars with coal."

- one of the most romantic lines ever found here. I love it. Probably my favourite.

"It was the 76th time he had used the title to describe Haruhi. Besides some newly-acquired civil rights and a debit of millions in his bank balance, it made no difference, of course." - debit? He is in debt with her? Newly-acquired civil rights? Huh?

"he only saw Haruhi, the one thing he couldn't sell.

Not without breaking several laws, endangering the family reputation and being exiled from the hymeneal bed to spend his nights in one of the several guest bedrooms for the rest of his life, that is."

- He has already given some thought to it. That was funny.

"I did that. I love all of you. You were just the least annoying." - Poor Kyouya. But it is truth. Unless you consider that stalking your wife via some highly trained bodyguards it's annoying. Well, as long as they don't interfere...

" There's Hikaru getting himself punched in the face again. I'd better go before Kaoru hospitalises the guests."

- Very IC, but probably Arai was already keeping the guests in line and trying to lighten things up.

"She drove a 15-year-old rust-coloured (and rusty) Nissan to work, though Kyouya had had the engine sabotaged three times now."

- He creeps out of the bed in the middle of the night, side-stepping the sleeping figures of his ex-co-host-friends that lay at its feet; he finds his way to the kitchen and jumps over Honey, who has just emptied the remaining contents of the wedding-cake fridge, and gets hold of a sugar package. Then, covered by the shadows that are his friends and namesakes, opens the door of the garage and pours the contents of the package in the gas deposite of Haruhi's car. Then, he goes back to bed. Engine sabotaged. Mission accomplished.

" He was, to her, just like any other person.

It was an insult, of course, but one he'd grown to enjoy."

- Those rich bastards need someone to keep them on their lines. If not, they would think that they are wonderful and essential.

Lovely piece of fic. Really. I bow.
Sunruner chapter 1 . 7/30/2007
Two amazing quotes XD

"We didn't actually use the wedding vows you wrote for us, if you recall,"

And,

"...the one thing he couldn't sell.

xD Brilliant. Very well done. Shame they're both so well in charactr, I like fluff WAY to much.

~Sunny
Amatyultare256 chapter 1 . 4/15/2007
I have to agree with the others that this is one of the most in-character Ouran High fanfics I have ever read. I think that Haruhi is a *very* difficult character to write about properly (and Kyouya is probably the second most difficult) so kudos on a very successful characterization!

I have never, ever shipped Haruhi/Kyouya but you might just convince me. Ah, understated cuteness...
Gladiel chapter 1 . 4/10/2007
This was very in-character, and I loved seeing Tamaki with his usual ramble. xD A very wonderful fic, this is!
57 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »