Reviews for Icewind Dale
Dragon magess chapter 4 . 12/5/2006
Excellent take on the game. It's interesting to see how other people interpreted it. Your characters are interesting and you combine their speech well with their actions. Please write more.
SCKnight14 chapter 4 . 12/3/2006
Very good. I hope to see more of the story soon.
Inconspicuous Acuity chapter 4 . 10/22/2006
You use too much of the game material, but you have talent. This I vouch for. I know you're trying to make it feel like Icewind Dale, but three chapters and the first main quest hasn't even begun? I don't know. But yes, you do write more skillfully than 90 percent of the authors here. Excellent vocabulary AND grammar, I am amazed (I looked at your profile and saw that you are not a native English speaker).

I used to collapse into the same mistake as the one you're making now. I've greatly diminished it over time. PM me if you'd like any help at all. And don't give up on the story. It can be saved, trust me. ;)
Arix Despana chapter 4 . 9/6/2006
You're taking things in an extremely slow and detailed fashion. Normally, and I'm saying this to be fully honest with you, this would be boring. But in your story's case it somehow helps to build up this atmosphere which feels so much like the game itself.

I'm trusting you won't be doing this to the entire thing, though, just to the beginning, so we can get used to the characters. Elseway, you're risking to write a new Bible here, in length.
Arix Despana chapter 1 . 8/25/2006
O! Why didn't you tell me you were writing this? You are zee evil.

Now. Once you get past the prologue thing it's actually awesome. But seriously, everyone knows that intro movie. I think.

I'm glad to see your characters aren't fancy-shmancy super-heroes; that's boring. Kairn is funeh. Maybe you should make him king of the world? For a day? No? Why not? Pwease?

*Cough.* Back to seriousiffic seriousment. Erm. Yeah. Not quite. Damn coffee and its effects.

You chose the most attractive course of the storyline so far. The funnier one. I mean, a serious character who would be all "I shall perform this task for you and save Ten-Towns!" each time they get a quest would be dull. Ickeh. You've countered the epic gloomy main plot with straying for a bit of humor here and there. Well-written.

So far. Don't let it get to your head.