Reviews for Death of a Kage Bunshin
Animeaddict666 chapter 1 . 11/8/2007
I loved the concept. I think it was a little long. The entire thing was well written, but I think it would have had greater impact if it hadn't been drawn out so long. Just an opinion.

I adored the line: "He had things to do, stupid grown up genius rookies to beat the hell out of, dead Hokages to show off to... He just wasn't ready for death yet." Fabulous.
Hardcore Heathen chapter 1 . 10/25/2007
I read this last night, and I blame you for my short attention span drifting back to this story and me being unable to take notes in any of my classes.

Wonderful characterization of why Naruto isn't stupid, why the technique was outlawed, and I love how you expanded on the tiny bit of individuality the shadow clones are shown to have in the series. (Attacking each other during the bell test becomes clones killing their user in sheer panic to stay alive.)

The scene with Naruto and his first Kage Bunshin, smiling, happy, finally having a constant companion...and then it trips, dies, and disappears. Tragic, especially for a story that isn't supposed to be about angst. You balanced sadness and hope very well, and I'm pleased to add this story to my favorites.
kindigo chapter 1 . 10/17/2007
Wow. Well. This fic really made me think. It's an absolutely fascinating take on the Kage Bunshin... (And I haven't even yet read whatever bit of the manga you're referencing _;)

Some of the thoughts your fic provoked...It's handy that in all the times Naruto's performed Kage Bunshin, his enemies have never pinpointed the real one. I was struck by your idea that it's a flawless technique, and makes perfect copies. As you say, "copied, in nearly every way."

Well, why *nearly* every way? Who says that the original Naruto's the one who's survived all those fights? "It was outlawed because it was a *perfect* technique." If it is perfect, copies everything perfectly...what would it matter if the original died? Who would notice? Who could tell? Isn't that a huge modern concern, clones & stem cell research and the humanity inherent in clones? What am I saying, *modern*-homunculi and what defines "human" have been haunting philosophers for centuries! Aagh!

Sorry to dump this all on you, really (especially in a review...). Your fic was intended to be reflective and instead I'm freaking out. But it's 3 in the morning, and your lovely fic really inspired me.

Er. *haunted by the idea of the original Naruto being replaced by a copy*

Now if only I could write it...
andhearts chapter 1 . 10/11/2007
Wow. I mean, there's really not much else to say about that. lol. Just... wow. I really liked this. Naruto does have the perfect character for the Kage Bunshin (how they are in this) :D This was wonderful and amazing. Go you!
purple kimono chapter 1 . 10/8/2007
You have described everything so perfectly that anyone can figure out the theories you set out. Incredible explaining and it's an interesting topic that you chose. Not many people can explain death. The use of Kage Bunshins are also a curious way of explaining other forms of 'death'.
Tryptophan36 chapter 1 . 9/29/2007
Wow, very unique way of looking at an overly used jutsu. Nicely done. The pacing is a little awkward, but it seems like you've done the best you can with the subject matter you've chosen. I definitely know that I could not have done even half as well as you. Definitely going into my favorites.
Blackdex chapter 1 . 9/21/2007
Surprisingly deep, I read this in the middle of a break from you somewhat 'cough' longer Naruto fic, and am quite impressed. Ciao
locic chapter 1 . 9/2/2007
wow all i can say wow
Lansday-Larry chapter 1 . 8/31/2007
wonderful fic, really a glimpse into a great thought pattern, Your concepts of death and the Kage Bunshin in this fic are truly aw inspiring. Thank you for the great read.

Larry
David chapter 1 . 8/28/2007
Hey just wanted to say that this is probably the best fanfiction i've ever read. This is probably the twentieth time I've read it and it just keeps getting better. Great work.
wolvknight chapter 1 . 8/28/2007
Weird and sad but all in all good story!
PIIR-Pierrot chapter 1 . 8/23/2007
This one-shot brought together a lot of good ideas to make one great story. The explination for why the technique was outlawed was believable, as was everything else you wrote about. The short story about his first kage bushin was innovative and very convincing. Great job.
Glowingwithpower chapter 1 . 8/22/2007
This really makes you look at the kage bunshin jutsu a different way.

If you think about, if all the times he's used it is like dying it's a miracle he's not bitter. (With him using taju kage bunshin a lot, too...)

Anyways, awesome one-shot!

~Glow(ingwithpower)

~Burn out Bright~
SongoftheDarquePhoenix chapter 1 . 8/18/2007
Damn. That has got to be one of the best one shots I've ever read...
rianifitria chapter 1 . 8/16/2007
So if the first time he created Kage Bunshin and he can feel its (consequently his own) death but continuing to create those one time armies isn't that means Naruto wanted to die so badly? When I saw kage bunshin and thought of Naruto's (implicit) hard child-hood, I thought he felt the satisfaction of seeing himself dying. After all, I think sometimes people with horrible life have thought of committing suicide.
248 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 .. Last Next »