Reviews for A Falling Away of Innocence
LoyaulteMeLie chapter 2 . 1/9/2012
It's a difficult thing to portray, but you've done a great job. Poor Malcolm, battered almost over the edge - but he's no quitter, however battered he may be. Excellent writing.
mou chapter 5 . 9/21/2006
there's only so many times before a reader becomes bored of explosions.
mou chapter 4 . 9/21/2006
troubles keep coming don't they?
mou chapter 3 . 9/21/2006
hm...
mou chapter 2 . 9/21/2006
that's why you shouldn't take shore leave on strange planets even if they claim it's safe.
mou chapter 1 . 9/21/2006
cool start.
Alpha Pegasi chapter 6 . 9/7/2006
I really enjoyed this. It's not the first time that I have seen you take a situation that is happening in the real world and use fic to explore emotions and aftershocks. Very powerful story.
Joy chapter 6 . 9/2/2006
Wow! This is one of those stories where it's impossible to put into words how incredible it was. I was completely drawn in to the story and the emotions Malcolm was experiencing. Thank you for writing and posting it!
Sita Z chapter 6 . 9/2/2006
Great story. Malcolm's trauma and his attempts to deal with it felt very real, and never over the top. The surfing was a nice touch as well; I can see Malcolm trying to overcome his fear by facing the very thing he is afraid of.

Looking forward to more!
volley chapter 6 . 9/2/2006
A gripping story. Sorry if I review only the last chap., but I just got internet access again and found the story and couldn't stop reading...

I like your angst; it's never too dark, I find, and it's totally believable. It's good to see Malcolm not in control for once, needing to rely on his friend. And your M-T friendship is wonderfully portrayed. It comes out very strongly. Thank you for another great story! Always looking forward to more from you.
spike247uk chapter 6 . 9/2/2006
wasn't sure how you were going to finish this - and it was perfect! just seeing that tiny spark of the real Malcolm at the end made you realise that he could bounce back, with a little extra help ;o)

thanks so much for this - looking forward to your next one already..
Hisster chapter 6 . 8/29/2006
Great job. Poor Malcolm that was a lot to go through. Love the friendship aspect in this one. And I love the snore bit at the end. LOL

Hisster
pawpad chapter 6 . 8/29/2006
I'm sad that it's over, I was really enjoying this, but I liked the ending.

I love the relationship between Trip and Malcolm and I think you've captured it really well in this piece.

Enjoyed is overall alot.

Sarah (pawpad)
Kathy Rose chapter 6 . 8/29/2006
I liked this story. It was an interesting insight into a Malcolm we've never seen - beaten, broken, defeated and totally without hope. Very strong friendship piece that worked well.

I was particularly impressed that you didn't get bogged down in details of what the situation on the planet was and why these attacks were happening. I think that would have detracted from the story. It didn't matter what caused it; what was important was that Malcolm and Trip were caught up in it, and how they were dealing with it.

I have to agree, though, about the surfing thing. I just can't see Malcolm doing it. It's so against canon and everything else that's been written that it was a little hard to believe, even though the reasoning behind it made sense. Overall, though, great story!
Triptacular chapter 6 . 8/29/2006
It's very sad, but it's a lovely friendship piece. No one could take that kind of experience 3 times in 3 days. It'd be enough to fry anyone's nerves. I'm glad you didn't have anyone else actually speak in the story. Very effective. Looking forward to your next story, but give poor Malcolm a break in that one, okay? ; )