Reviews for Draw breath
AntagonistXI chapter 1 . 3/18/2012
This is just wonderful on so many levels, I felt I had to say something - even if this story was posted years ago.

Your takes on McGonagall and Draco were genius!

I had never really looked at her character in that light, and yet you make it so believable. [OOC done correctly]

Not sure if you intended this, but the line for Snape about McGonagall being "reliable" (when she actually celebrates Dumbledore's death) was gold.

So yeah, the characterization for everyone was great. The prose well-paced - detailed without being sluggish; I could feel as if everything I read was purposeful and that I wasn't wasting my time. That's a rare thing with fanfics.

Good job
Librasmile chapter 1 . 8/22/2011
Landed her per rec from duj. Glad she told me. Glad I checked it out.

What sweetly sinister little tale. Minerva's section is my fave although I love Sev's part as well.

And Fawkes and the 2nd phoenix huh? Is this why the portrait didn't wake up? Because the actual subject is...* ahem *...busy elsewhere?;)
Rose Stonewall chapter 1 . 11/4/2009
Nice to read a story that makes one think... the story you read isn't always the story you think you read, since there are always undertones that the author can see that you maybe didn't notice the first time, or undertones that *you* saw that the author didn't intend to be in there. This is a lovely example of that.
noisee chapter 1 . 9/1/2008
I loved it D: The little, deep dark snippets of everyone- but I liked Minerva's the best, by far one of the most interesting and yet most real takes on her character I've come across
The Fluffy Ball chapter 1 . 7/12/2007
My goodness, phoenix sex. That's new.

I don't usually like drabbles, but Fawkes at the end really got my attention.
tudorpot chapter 1 . 1/2/2007
A very interesting set of thoughts. Some interesting possibilities.I found this through whitehounduk,she said this was "subtle but weird" sort of a backhanded compliment. I enjoyed this.
enlightenedkitty chapter 1 . 11/14/2006
Like the format a lot... the single lines, the numbered sections. Oh, and the story too.

Ron always knew he would die a virgin! Ha!
Samilia chapter 1 . 9/1/2006
In fanfiction, it is sometimes all plot and no writing skills at all. Other times, it's all alliteration and similies, but the story goes no where. It's good to know at least one author has found a good balance. Very nice.
carpetfibers chapter 1 . 8/26/2006
Evil!McGonagall- I love this theory, especially as the notastudent!Hermione theory was dashed into ruin by the sixth book. I love the simplistic diction, concise organization, and perfect 'planted thought' setup.

And hmm. . .the Fawkes segment- just a quirky metaphor for life continued after death or is it more?

I'll need to have some chocolate before I re-read this. Fantabulous job.
lucy chapter 1 . 8/26/2006
interesting...sums up well your thoughts on hp ;)
kazfeist chapter 1 . 8/25/2006
Wow...all I can say!
severus-fan chapter 1 . 8/24/2006
I liked how you gave a glimpse into a bunch of people's mind - including Fawkes, even though that was...different. Minerva seemed to enjoy sitting in that seat quite a bit...perhaps she's secretly coveted that position for awhile? She sounded resentful and slightly happy that he's gone.

Altogether though - quite good. Wonderful job!
perwinkle27 chapter 1 . 8/24/2006
Interesting story. It made me think - especially the first paragraph with Minerva. Very intriguing work.
KarenDetroit chapter 1 . 8/24/2006
Wow! For a first chapter, it ranks up there with the best. I just cannot think or write, I'm so stunned and impressed.
duj chapter 1 . 8/24/2006
Minerva's thoughts sound rather ominous - not as fond of Albus as everyone thinks perhaps? Poor Snape, dependent on a rather ruthless child - but at least she seems to like him. When did he stun her? Wonderful Draco moment - 'dependent on the mercy of someone who just demonstrated he had none' - great line. I Love the Fawkes ending. Is that Dumbledore beside ... er, under him?