Reviews for Checkmate
RedBrunja chapter 1 . 10/2/2008
Awesome. I love how you use how they play to game to give insight to the characters.
ACM a.k.a. Annie May chapter 1 . 6/20/2007
Great idea. I love the way you picked up on their particular character traits, like Naruto's inability to wait and Lee's need to punish himself for losing.
Cookie Heist chapter 1 . 10/8/2006
XD. Great. Temari's so forward... U
Katterree Fengari chapter 1 . 10/7/2006
ahh! Love Shikamaru, I do...Great ending, with Temari.

I liked Naruto's and Sasuke's- so true. Anko's and Kakashi's were funny. You didn't have much for Tenten, and none of team 8, but I guess Shika doesn't really have much contact with them.

Love it! _
rachellephant chapter 1 . 9/28/2006
Ew. Perv Shikamaru!

Liked your story tho.
almostinsane chapter 1 . 9/9/2006
I don't really like the sex in this, though you write well. I prefer more wholesome stories. God bless!
The Violent Tomboy chapter 1 . 9/6/2006
O.O Wow...can't really describe this one...
Elemental Dragon1 chapter 1 . 9/5/2006
Interesting. And nice ending. Great story!

Elemental~
Natsu-kun chapter 1 . 8/27/2006
I love how you put in a little bit of everything: some jokes, some quirks, some sex (we), and even a bit about Sasuke that I thought was cool. At first when you said he lost, I was kinda like "WTF SHIKA DON'T LOSE" but I mean, it worked for this story..
Hououza chapter 1 . 8/24/2006
Excellent story.

Some interesting variations included, some fascinating uses of a game and using it as a way of explaining people's behaviour.

Good luck & best wishes,

Dreammistress Jade chapter 1 . 8/24/2006
ShikamaruShogi - Naruto's one CANON OTP. :D

~Toodles!~
Xinthos chapter 1 . 8/23/2006
Good fic, I like it. Though ShikaAnko, however interesting that might be, is a crack couple if I ever saw one (not that I really mind.) This piece really gives you an idea of what every character is like- Sasuke especially- while still revolving around the game of Shogi, which I like. Well done, hope you write more fics soon :)
Lazy Ass Bastard chapter 1 . 8/23/2006
Very impressive work, though the idea of Kakashi, or anyone beating Shikamaru at Shogi seems just impossible to me, even with the bloodline limits, anyway this is a really good piece of work...

Shikamaru just had sex with Anko...I don't think I'll ever be able to rid myself of that mental image...I wonder if someone could come up with a story based around those two?

Anyway, thank you very much for giving my eyes the delight of reading this story.