Reviews for Skeletons
El Gringo Loco chapter 21 . 9/12/2006
You've done an excellent job with both Laura Sidle and Janet Burgundy. Such a striking contrast between the two. But then you do seem to like writing about Demons and Angels. Would love to see more Janet/Sara interaction. As for Laura - charges of arson and murder wouldn't seem to bode well for her future. If she's looking for a legal loop hole, I've no doubt the court and hangman could find her one.

I'll be watching/hoping for the third segment. A side story?Casino bar scene you say? That was Ch 10 of Angels was it not? Should be interesting -
Tha Gurl Next Door chapter 21 . 9/8/2006
aw...how sweet...i liked it...i liked it a really lot...and if u do put up a third part, i'll be readin it...
MobiusVariant chapter 18 . 9/6/2006
Awesome update. And hell yes I'd like to know what Brass said :-) I look forward to your next update; I'm really enjoying this story. I also look forward to seeing what develops with the interactions between Sara, Catherine, and Sofia.
icklebitodd chapter 18 . 9/6/2006
hm...interesting..you tell us how the puppy survived but not whether the baby did - made be laugh to be honest.

Like how relaxed Sara got but its true of everybody isn't it? everybody has that one (or maybe more) person(s) in their life that around they are completly free and that person normally is the one who knows the most embarrassing stories and leaves you years later wishing you could turn back time or some how make them forget one of my friends still brings up things from when we started nursery which was hm fourteen maybe fifteen years ago. oh my god i spent that long in education thats nearly my entire life.

anyway back to topic i like the use of not so little sara comforting janet and then whilst she was reflecting almost being killed by a flying texan (the idiot cn you imagine the paperwork that would have to be done on that one)who came to express the same concern as the woman he almost killed.

funny how history repeats itself in the most tragic of ways isn't it? whether it me mistakes of a mother repeated in their child or something such as the world wars, history alwys repeats the negative to remind you lessons need to be learnt and those are so often the ones missed.

i'm liking the circles you are walking with laura actually its clear the woman has sara's intelligence reading her passages of speech and that it was challenged down the wrong path by circumstance at some earlier stage of her life - hell an entire character study of her would be brilliant me thinks.

i like the gentle role papa bear played in this chapterand i did have a silent laugh to myself the way you got sara's 'adopted' parents in the room to interrogate her actual mum. i would love to hear what he said to laura but here's the thing magic is all about secrets and a trick is ruined when the method is reveiled.

one hope's janet didn't hurt her hand, and we can all be thankful sara has that little bit extra self control when she blows up can't we?

i don't think you ranting at people in other countries will cause international situations, and if you do i think its something to be proud of - you - little old and lets face it unsignifacant in the huge picture - managing to cause a feud between countries - impressive.
ACertainJustice chapter 18 . 9/6/2006
CRUELTY! ah...what did brass say! please tell me!
bene chapter 18 . 9/5/2006
I'm glad the puppy is alright :-)

Excellent again. What more is it to say?
Immi chapter 16 . 9/5/2006
*Chill goes down spine* Okay, that was just so awesomely creepy. I thought I hated Laura before, but this... wow. What a b*tch. And the comments about screwing co workers is really, really sick. In a nice angsty way, though.

Take your time getting back on your feet (you have NO idea how hard it is for me to say that ;))- if you feel out of sorts you should probably just relax for a while. Hope you feel better!
icklebitodd chapter 16 . 9/5/2006
Haha...twelve hours and thirty something minutes of trying to read the chapter we read...and we do so to read a vindictive little f..you find swearing offense...donkey, trying to force Eyeore's (Winnie the Pooh) life story onto a human by continually causing her house to fall down no matter how hard she tries to strengthen it (actually thats one of my favourite Winnie the Pooh storylines but I don't mean it to be a good thing this way round)

I am distraught on Sara's behalf at the loss of her CD collection, I have about 2,0 CD's and the other day broke my Alex Parks' second album (seriously check her out the emotion in her voice is amazing - try myspace music), Thin Lizzy and one of NIN's albums(I was jumping on my bed) and upon realisation sat there staring at the pieces completely numb for about ten minutes before i craddled the pieces in my hand and went - bottom lips quivvering- to my mum, not much sympathy was received it was more 'you shouldn't have been jumping on your bed, your eighteen for pete's sake...what were they even doing in your bed in the first place' - parents gr. No actually the CD I have to egt as soon as I get paid is In Flight by Linda Perry.

I was also outraged that someone would disrespect someone's fridge like that, very magnet would of had a purpose and would ahe been placed there for a reason even if it was only subconsciously.

Your argument about Wal-Mart taking over the world rather than Tesco's wins on account of Wal-Mart owning Asda, Britain's second largest supermarket chain. As for puiblicc holdiays I actually volunteered to work the last bank holiday (28th August)and ended up having things thrown at me by my friend for causing her to spend the whole day trying to find a word that rhymes with ostritch and then figure out what year Lion King came out seeming as it is ten years since The Spice Girls.

I bet the fire would have been magical to watch, I love fire it hypontizes me the way it moves and dances not forgetting the different colour flames that would have been produced...but yuck burning plastic stinks.

I also need to congratulate you on being partically right on account of Wal-Mart bought out Britains second largetst supermarket, Asda, chain a few years back so I guess you work for the most dominate world power.

Just remember that staying sane within insanity is the only way of suriving and that whilst life seems a little crazy and f...messed up at the moment it will sort itself out, its the dog poo and the seed anagoly. But hey if you need a rant at someone just to make you feel better...who better than a moreorless stranger who will probably never ever meet you and doesn't judge cause she'd hate to be judges in return? -n I know its a pain when people keep offering an ear at the moemtn all my friends are trying to figure out the best way to tell me what is apparently bothering me and what is wrong and think I may need need(along with everyone else in my house) professional help but as far as I'm concerned life is yea.

I cannot wait for Janet's reaction to Laura's action. Looking forward to more.
MobiusVariant chapter 15 . 9/2/2006
Awesome update, I look forward to reading more. Unlike you; however, I do own Guitar Hero. Since, by your own admission, it owns you and you don't even have your own copy of the game, I suggest that you resist the lure until you're able to tame the addiction that is Guitar Hero. I wasn't so wise :-), I think that my neighbors have gotten use to the constant riffs coming from my apartment at all hours of the night...well almost :-) Can't wait to read more of this story.
icklebitodd chapter 15 . 9/1/2006
you get to play on games at work? my god! thats beyond unfair i get told off if i turn around to talk to the person on the till behind me gr stupid 'world domination will be ours' tesco's gr (i'm not joking the expansion now means i can go anywhere in europe and asia on transfer...to work on a bloody till)grr

i agree with you on the lindsey think must suck being a duck tape character. i love quick fire questions its my way of dealing with things...then you get the dreaded question 'what was the first one again?'

i'm liking it - happy memories oh the shock - had to down a pint of coca-cola to get over it! personally the game that makes a fool of me is the ngame grr
icklebitodd chapter 13 . 8/31/2006
yay i was right

wo

i actually have reread this entire story (more then once less then fifteen times) and have cme to the conclusion its not as dark as i first thought, in fact in comparsion to some of the angst stories about sara that are floating around at the moment this is as depressing as having thomas the tank engine magazine taken away from you at work when there is nothing else to do (this week it came with fake money and tickets to go on the train). actually that is quite upsetting, i sulked about it for the rest of my shift...hmm...lets just say it is like a silver shade of grey in a world of black.

so i'm looking forward to the interaction between 'big' sara and 'little' sara and your woman is san francisco svu hm i wonder how she met sara (me has a negative feelign on thi one)
El Gringo Loco chapter 13 . 8/31/2006
Glad to see Det. Burgungy making her entrance. She should make for nice contrast of characters compared to Sara's previous visitor. I just hope she doesn't get her hero cape caught up in one of Grissom's experiments. Or a ticket on the white charger she's undoubtedly got tied up outside.
icklebitodd chapter 10 . 8/30/2006
grr i just wrote a whole review thought i'd ent it and ended up in my stats page - .

this chapter reminded me of the Victoria Climbie Inquiry. a case which highlighted the failure of bristish law and social services to protect a girl from the abuse she suffered at the hands of her aunt and uncle resulting in her death. thats not why it reminds me of this story though, n, its something my sister told me (she had to study it due to the fact it help chang british law to avoid any repeats)and taht was in her lesson she was shown some of the photographs of Victoria's injuries, one on of the projections her teacher casually walked up to the board and drew around a belt buckle shaped scar on her back and another set of brusing on her shoulder.

anyway enough about your odd little flair for makking me think of infamous cases in british law i love this maternal side of catherine, reminds me of the good old days when catherines character development was simply 'i am a mum to all'

looking forward to this as i'm beginning to come up with - albeit childish - theories about what is going to happen.
bene chapter 10 . 8/30/2006
Waouh! I'm there in front of the screen with my mouth open :-)

Dark is dark.. but there is some light coming so...

Keep going, I'm addicted.. again :-)

thank you!
El Gringo Loco chapter 10 . 8/30/2006
Sara's father is a real piece of work. And it would seem that her parents marriage wasn't exactly made in heaven. (No I'm thinking it was someplace quite a bit warmer. A certain rather well known locale where a cold day is something to cuss by.)

That Sara is getting support from her colleagues and friends is important. But you have to wonder what Laura's real game is. She's just come out of prison looking for trouble. I'd guess the odds are fairly high that she'll find it, cause it or both.
45 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »