Reviews for The Guardian of Azkaban 1: Rise of the Guardian
Guest chapter 8 . 1/2/2014
Ok alterguild this is like the 5th time I have read this series. I love Esdras and all of the rest of the gang. I wish that you could do a prequel of what it was like in Guard Academy following Esdras and Aaron!
Blackholelord chapter 24 . 11/29/2012
Its actually a nice story, rather unique considering how you changed the Dementor race.
Random Person 94 chapter 24 . 2/4/2012
Just finished reading. I must say that I love the dementor go's to Hogwarts approach. It's refreshing to read something new.
marc chapter 3 . 9/18/2010
good story, keep up the good work!
ShadowMoonDancer chapter 24 . 1/20/2008
I loved it you didn't do what so many people have done and just retold the story. I hope that I get a chance to read the other books soon but I really have to do my Calculus homework or my teacher will KILL me.
ShadowMoonDancer chapter 1 . 1/9/2008
It looks like a good story, I'm going to get back to you this weekend hopefully.
Hahukum Konn chapter 24 . 10/13/2007
A cool fic :)

The Dementors act fairly human, but even with that bit of slight oddness, your fic still held together pretty well, and I can see how students at Hogwarts, although they might be afraid of Dementors, would have taken a different viewpoint after knowing that a student was one of them.

I like the fact that although the Dementors had to play a role, it was possible for them to know the truth about an interned prisoner, but be unable to communicate it because of prejudices about Dementors. :)

(PS. The fact that that idiot Fudge could never get Demnin's name right was quite amusing. :D )
Lady Bracknell chapter 3 . 6/8/2007
Just wanted to say that I'm really enjoying this so far.

Your narrative is really easy to read, giving the illusion of effortless, but there's a lot going on, too. I find the problem with a lot of big idea fics is the amount of exposition - it tends to rather jump out, shouting 'this is exposition, pay attention! It's important!', but you've managed to blend it in seemlessly, and you've given us a lot in a short space, without it ever feeling like that.

I think it probably goes without saying that it's a staggeringly original idea, and one I'd never have considered, but you're delivering it in a way that's very believable. The idea of a dementor animagus is really compelling, and I love how Esdras is at once believable as an old military hand because you've given his speech gravitas, but that he's attracted to things like quidditch, too. I'm wondering if, as a soldier, he feels he's missed out on life, a bit, that this, in some ways, is a second chance for him to do some of the things he would have liked.

I really liked your Remus, too, and I'm hoping we see more of him.
Maelys chapter 24 . 5/12/2007
It was one of the best and original story that I ever read! And it's really well written!

This story made my day (my week!) and it's one of my favorites now!

I particularly liked the Dementor culture and society.

Thanks!
araevin chapter 3 . 4/20/2007
wouldnt it be more accurate for the azkaban languge to be Azkabanian than Azkabaneer or even Azkabanese
Snood chapter 1 . 2/26/2007
I thought this was a very interesting story. The Title is excellent as it was what got me to glance at your story. I am not sure how I feel about the dementors being "humanized" but it is definatly a different perspective!

My favorite line is nearish to the end When Esdras says something like, who would want to read Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. Classic.

I look forward to the next one.
Shadow Angel chapter 24 . 11/27/2006
Wow...Thats all I can say!

I have enjoyed reading this story a lot, it's very different from anything else I have every read, Esdras is a well portrayed and very original character.

I am looking forward to reading the next story!

Keep up the great work!

~~Shadz
KRP chapter 24 . 11/27/2006
wow...he even got promoted. how d'ya like that? also, he gets to stay, but we already knew that, didn't we? so, does Cho now like Harry a little after what happened in the Quiddich match? speaking of Quiddich, too bad there is none next year. how is Gryffindor gonna cope year after, though. btw, is Admiral Grim in on the whole 'Sirius is innocent' thing, or was this re-assignment/promotion pure chance?

well, thats all

see you next chapter.
canuck84 chapter 23 . 11/27/2006
hey just as excellent as the last chappie. I loved the end of the chapter bittersweet but well written :)
canuck84 chapter 22 . 11/27/2006
hey wow that chapter must of been really hard to write. Its nice to see that whole scene from a different p.o.v since I'm so used to the books and its from Harry's p.o.v in those right but ya thats really great loved it. )