Reviews for Rainfall
Ghost Writer no. 3 chapter 1 . 5/23/2008
Even though I don't love emo Sora, there is hints in the game when Saix tells him to collect more hearts for them, so it is cannon.

But you capture it so well. Like, expressing how beautiful something is, yet he can't appriecate it because of what his duty it. And everything is so written dark.

Then Kairi and Riku appear, and then he's back to his old self.

It's great!
Andantenne to Percupine chapter 1 . 2/27/2008
Wow, the story is really good. Sora thought of something deeply, it makes him look cool :) . especially the ending! I like it!
twilighttries chapter 1 . 11/5/2006
Made my heart sing, this one did. I love it. Wow. I love it. Totally. Excellent. Amazing.
Shattered Serenity chapter 1 . 11/2/2006
[jaw drops]

...Um. The only word that is repeating through my head is wow. So, uh, wow. O.O That is intended to be sent in a good, positive way. ;D

I found symbolism in the way Sora described his hands as being extremely cold, but not wanting to pull them out of their pockets because "There he at least had a little warmth." He is basically saying that he's numb inside, numb from all the fighting and wanting and waiting for his two best friends.

True, the one thing that is perfect. A circle. We see them everywhere, acknowledge that they exsist, yet rarely do we sit back and think... "I just saw something perfect." Like the circle, Sora is perfect in a way. On one side of his personality, he is caring, heartfelt, and truly cares what other people want and their well-being. That is the perfect side. The imperfection is human nature: trying to hide his feelings so he won't upset anyone. It's human nature to want to be liked (even with those people that say f the world. Come on now; they had to have cared at some point). And I suppose that in itself is imperfection. Maybe how humans come in and try to recreate something that is perfect (we don't draw perfect circles by ourselves all that often...).

But Sora, in this story, sees himself as tainted, imperfect compared to the circle. He sees the perfectly curved edges and compares it to his own cracked ones. Ah, and then he sacrifices his warmth to touch the perfection, but decides that he didn't truly touch the perfection of the circle.

...This story is making me think far too much.

I love the time of day that is described: "after midnight but not too close to dawn". Everything seems so peaceful. Like you could think of anything and analyze it to the core. You feel alone at that time, isolated from the world and in your own little perfect circle of silence.

But I think what I absolutely loved about this fic was the fact that Kairi and Riku were waiting for him. That shows the bond all three of them share to the max. They were waiting for him through the rain, waiting for him to come join them before they dried off and everything was all right again. Waiting for him before they started a fire to dry off. Ah, such great friend portrayed so prettily, although it has a hint of melancholy.

Actually, I believe all of your stories (or at least the introspective ones) have a tone of sadness and melancholy to them. But, that is how Sora really is: a sad boy that had to grow up too fast in a world(s) of war. It wasn't fair and he deserves to be depressed once in a while. T-T If this review made no sense to you at all, I would not be surprised in the least.

Hardly any italisized words in this one. O.O That actually surprised me, but it made me think of Sora's train of thought being softer. This whole story was like soft cottoncandy that you plop into your mouth and think about as it dissolves on your tongue. Then you want more. And more. And more. XD

I don't think I will ever be able to look at the rain again without going into a pensive mood...
angelofsweetness chapter 1 . 10/30/2006
I love it so much! Yes, Sora's so cool. No wonder you like writng about him. Lolx. This was deep and meaningful. Loved it so much! Keep up the great work and I 'll keep on reviewing every single piece you do! Till the next fic or wtv. Lolx. _

Your latest and newest and faithful reviewer,

angelofsweetness
Kinpaginpa chapter 1 . 10/15/2006
*sniff* That was really good! Deep thought is good, I love it! More, more, more!
destiny's crossroads chapter 1 . 9/25/2006
A very nice story indeed. The ending was the best when Kairi and Riku were waiting on Sora under the umbrella. You are such an awesome writer. Rock on and God bless!
skilled-like-a-ninja chapter 1 . 9/17/2006
Ahh... so beautiful... I loved how you described the rain. I love the rain... It was just perfect. Otherwise, indescribable. All of your stuff is blowing anything I could ever hope to write out of hte water. -sigh-

Oh well. :-)
xsynthetic-smile chapter 1 . 8/25/2006
zohmyfuckinggosh that was amazing!

holy shizzay i loved it. thanks so much!

oh my gosh i can't even give that words.

& i can't believe it's dedicated to me!

it's so brilliant! i don't deserve it! o.o

just . . . everything is amazing.

the way you describe the rain is beautiful. and then how sora felt about it and his role as the keyblade master, oh my gosh, it made me feel so sorry for him. T.T

but i loved, absolutely loved the ending. it was so . . . "aw"

"Love was there, in the end."

not exactly the most eloquent phrasing, but beautiful in its meaning all the same. holy hell, i loved it. definitely one of your better works, & i'm not just saying that. i mean it. thank you so much. i'll treasure this piece forever. & i'm sure anyone who reads it will do the same. :)

xsynth
Wishes of an Angel chapter 1 . 8/25/2006
I really enjoyed reading this. It was very nice and relaxing. Keep it up!
FernClaw chapter 1 . 8/25/2006
FC: Yes reviews are lovely. I admire your works deeply and hope that some day I might be able to match your efforts.
tyco622 chapter 1 . 8/25/2006
LOVELY LOVELY LOVELY LOVELY!

Is it raining out? I want to go walk in the rain. (There's no window here, so I have no idea what the weather is, just so I don't look stupid.)

Keep writing!

-R
Kyoto-chan chapter 1 . 8/25/2006
It was lovely, just like this review. ...that was a bad metaphor 'cause this review isn't that great. xD; But it was a nice one-shot.