Reviews for The Jenova Project
kelleyj17 chapter 32 . 6/29
The level of detail in this is astounding! I can't even imagine how long you spent playing through the game and capturing all these details. I really like the little bits of dialogue and thoughts you added, too. The game is hard to understand at first, and this really helps fill in the gaps. Superbly written, and thank you for putting in the tremendous amount of effort to do this!
This story is such a huge pile of garbage
xScottx chapter 32 . 5/19
This is my favorite novelization of Final Fantasy. I'm so glad you're finally reposting again. I can't get enough and I hate waiting but great job man.

I'm positive I said this already in an older review but oh well it's worth repeating.
Team Wingless chapter 4 . 3/22
I have to admit, I liked your original version better before this redraft. Dunno who you got to edit, but they took the ingenious scifi element out of it and turned it into...fanfiction. Now your characters aren't yours anymore, they're the video games'. They're introduced to me as if I'm already supposed to know who they are, and the fact that I do is besides the point, it breaks the illusion for me.

Look, I know who you got to help you edit this, but honestly they're a bunch of weeaboo retards who can't write their way into a children's book. I know your intention was to let people who'd never played the video game experience the story, so honestly you went about editing this all wrong. You can't get fans to edit for you, you have to get people who've never even heard of the story to edit for you in that case. Unfortunately I doubt there's many that dedicated to undertake something of this magnitude for free, so it's one of those how much do you want it go-it-alone things. My advice, scrap this. Go back to your original version, cut all adverbs, combine every other chapter, and leave your dialogue alone. This one isn't a novel, this is fanfiction, and you're better than that.
otterbones chapter 28 . 3/14
I've been meaning to review for a while now. You updated so quickly, much to my delight. I wonder what inspired the names you chose for Scarlet and the President?

Some of my favorite parts are where you add dialogue, like between Shinra and Cloud about being a mercenary.

I can already see Cloud's character development at work! ~~ thank you so much for updating and keep it up!
Alma chapter 23 . 3/4
This is amazing. Extremely well written, and I love the way you worked in the "reminiscence" chapters! Definitely going on my favs. Please keep up the wonderful work! Looking forward to the next update greatly!
Padris the elf prince chapter 15 . 2/17
Very Good,keep it going but i wonder if you Will make it like Canon where is aerith die?i hope not pssst can you make this aerithcloudtifa,no one ever done it before aside slash/yaoi pairing for cloudwell if it no pairing then i Will follow your lead
Blackshadow390 chapter 1 . 2/15
It's been almost 11 years since you posted this story and you still update it. I'm surprised o.O
I love your writing style so keep going, ok?
otterbones chapter 11 . 2/14
I wanted to say that I love how much you bring out in Barret and Cloud's growing friendship/comradery. You characterize them so well. There are many things to praise but I suppose I'd be repeating myself :)
Anyway, keep up the good work! I'm excited for the next chapter!
FancySycamoreTree chapter 1 . 2/10
I've been a long time fan of this novelisation and can clearly remember the day that I had run out of chapters to read because I started to focus on my brothers FPS game after lamenting loudly to my mum that the best fanfic I had ever read wasn't complete!

It's stuck with me throughout the years and remained an absolute favourite to this day. I'm so excited to see that you're releasing a new version based off that original draft! I'm giddy with excitement from reading this first chapter alone! Beautful. Now I can follow and favourite properly this time 'round. Happy belated 20th anniversary of the OG by the by ;)
otterbones chapter 8 . 2/8
I'm happy you updated! I noticed that you wrote "riding" instead of "reading" the Wutai Warrior.
Other than that, I love your imagery. I'm excited for the next part. Please keep writing.
Team Wingless chapter 3 . 1/31
Glad this is back in action, and funny that the first chapter opened with me thinking you were penning a novel about Donald Trump lol. A great talent you have here and a pleasure to follow.
otterbones chapter 7 . 1/25
I stumbled upon this recently and I love it. I love your writing style and the way you paint a visual image for me. Your style also reminds me of my favorite authors.

I hope to see more of your story in the future. I also like how you use some of the same dialogue from the game into the fiction, and how serious the atmosphere feels when I read it.

Anyway, I hope you are encouraged to move forward and I'm really looking forward to the next chapter!
Pirate King Ray chapter 1 . 8/30/2016
dude. Seriously. Where is it? It was right at the climax
Some Random Weird Guy chapter 1 . 6/12/2016
I read a chunk of the original story something like 7-8 years ago, and I thought it was amazing then. I didn't even get around to reading the first rewrite, so the second should surely be breathtaking. I think it'd be nice if you put the originals up somewhere else though. I get not wanting your "subpar" works to be seen when you have better versions, but they were still pretty awesome, and there's frankly not much good FF7 fanfiction to read, plus you might change some details here and there.

Either way, I'm looking forward to it!