Reviews for The Jenova Project
Team Wingless chapter 4 . 3/22
I have to admit, I liked your original version better before this redraft. Dunno who you got to edit, but they took the ingenious scifi element out of it and turned it into...fanfiction. Now your characters aren't yours anymore, they're the video games'. They're introduced to me as if I'm already supposed to know who they are, and the fact that I do is besides the point, it breaks the illusion for me.

Look, I know who you got to help you edit this, but honestly they're a bunch of weeaboo retards who can't write their way into a children's book. I know your intention was to let people who'd never played the video game experience the story, so honestly you went about editing this all wrong. You can't get fans to edit for you, you have to get people who've never even heard of the story to edit for you in that case. Unfortunately I doubt there's many that dedicated to undertake something of this magnitude for free, so it's one of those how much do you want it go-it-alone things. My advice, scrap this. Go back to your original version, cut all adverbs, combine every other chapter, and leave your dialogue alone. This one isn't a novel, this is fanfiction, and you're better than that.
otterbones chapter 28 . 3/14
I've been meaning to review for a while now. You updated so quickly, much to my delight. I wonder what inspired the names you chose for Scarlet and the President?

Some of my favorite parts are where you add dialogue, like between Shinra and Cloud about being a mercenary.

I can already see Cloud's character development at work! ~~ thank you so much for updating and keep it up!
Spiritual-Sister chapter 1 . 3/11
For those who do not already know, we're living in the last days; the times Jesus Christ warned about.

All the issues going on is on a worldwide scale and its one of many proofs that these are the end times.

If you know deep down in your heart this is true & you feel something is not right in the world... I highly encourage you to seek our father in heaven while he may be found and to come out of this world while there is still time. Like 1 John 2:17 indicates in the written word aka the bible:

"The world and its desires pass away, but whoever does the will of God lives forever."

Many people are too caught up and is focused on the wrong things in life thanks to all the distractions going on when they need to realize destruction & judgment is not too far away. Fleeing to other countries or protesting on the streets is not going to make things better or save you; it's the love of Christ and your faith.

As long as your seeking Jesus Christ, you're gonna be okay. But if you're loving this life or is just so attached to this world... you're going to lose it. That is why I encourage you all to draw close to the father in heaven. You draw close to him and he will draw close to you. Do what you can to repent (turn away or stop doing it) of your sins. We all say & do things and stumble since we're imperfect creatures but if you sincerely go to the father in prayer and ask for forgiveness, he will forgive you; you just gotta mean what you say and repent.

Nobody comes to the father but through the son. You deny the son and you deny the father. But if you accept the son then you have the father. It's by Jesus' blood we're redeemed back to the father in heaven so you want to seek him in all your ways.

The father in heaven knows the hearts & minds of all of us so he knows who you are deep down and what you've been through. He cares about you. When you open up your heart and allow the father & son in your life, they're gonna take you where you need to go but you gotta be willing to seek them for yourself. Nobody can build your relationship with Jesus Christ. It's up to you to read the bible for yourself & seek the truth; reading the word of god feeds the spirit, gives you knowledge and helps clears up the lies & deceptions of the world.

Time is so very, very short since things are just escalating day-to-day. Don't allow the spirit of fear to overcome you. Just draw close to the father in prayer, let go of this dying world, repent and follow Jesus. Following Jesus Christ keeps one out of sin but it also separates you from this world and that's the direction you want to go; toward the son of the most high, our savior and redeemer.

Take care and remember it's the love of Christ and your faith. Don't allow anyone or anything to hinder you. Forgive and let go since we all fall short.
Alma chapter 23 . 3/4
This is amazing. Extremely well written, and I love the way you worked in the "reminiscence" chapters! Definitely going on my favs. Please keep up the wonderful work! Looking forward to the next update greatly!
Padris the elf prince chapter 15 . 2/17
Very Good,keep it going but i wonder if you Will make it like Canon where is aerith die?i hope not pssst can you make this aerithcloudtifa,no one ever done it before aside slash/yaoi pairing for cloudwell if it no pairing then i Will follow your lead
Blackshadow390 chapter 1 . 2/15
It's been almost 11 years since you posted this story and you still update it. I'm surprised o.O
I love your writing style so keep going, ok?
otterbones chapter 11 . 2/14
I wanted to say that I love how much you bring out in Barret and Cloud's growing friendship/comradery. You characterize them so well. There are many things to praise but I suppose I'd be repeating myself :)
Anyway, keep up the good work! I'm excited for the next chapter!
FancySycamoreTree chapter 1 . 2/10
I've been a long time fan of this novelisation and can clearly remember the day that I had run out of chapters to read because I started to focus on my brothers FPS game after lamenting loudly to my mum that the best fanfic I had ever read wasn't complete!

It's stuck with me throughout the years and remained an absolute favourite to this day. I'm so excited to see that you're releasing a new version based off that original draft! I'm giddy with excitement from reading this first chapter alone! Beautful. Now I can follow and favourite properly this time 'round. Happy belated 20th anniversary of the OG by the by ;)
otterbones chapter 8 . 2/8
I'm happy you updated! I noticed that you wrote "riding" instead of "reading" the Wutai Warrior.
Other than that, I love your imagery. I'm excited for the next part. Please keep writing.
Team Wingless chapter 3 . 1/31
Glad this is back in action, and funny that the first chapter opened with me thinking you were penning a novel about Donald Trump lol. A great talent you have here and a pleasure to follow.
otterbones chapter 7 . 1/25
I stumbled upon this recently and I love it. I love your writing style and the way you paint a visual image for me. Your style also reminds me of my favorite authors.

I hope to see more of your story in the future. I also like how you use some of the same dialogue from the game into the fiction, and how serious the atmosphere feels when I read it.

Anyway, I hope you are encouraged to move forward and I'm really looking forward to the next chapter!
Pirate King Ray chapter 1 . 8/30/2016
dude. Seriously. Where is it? It was right at the climax
Some Random Weird Guy chapter 1 . 6/12/2016
I read a chunk of the original story something like 7-8 years ago, and I thought it was amazing then. I didn't even get around to reading the first rewrite, so the second should surely be breathtaking. I think it'd be nice if you put the originals up somewhere else though. I get not wanting your "subpar" works to be seen when you have better versions, but they were still pretty awesome, and there's frankly not much good FF7 fanfiction to read, plus you might change some details here and there.

Either way, I'm looking forward to it!
Clydethedestroyr chapter 1 . 4/30/2016
I heard on forums that he's gonna have it out by summer 2016! ZOMG SO EXCITED
hina.tsoume chapter 1 . 10/22/2015
oh come on ! hurry up we are waiting ;) :) !