Reviews for Konoha's Legacy: An Alternate Version
kogasgirl1992 chapter 20 . 2/11/2008
hey i was just wondering if naruto was going to be amazingly strong now that he has found his other half or if its just a temporary thing...also are you almost finished with the next chapter i really love your story it puts a nice spin on naruto
FictionReader98 chapter 20 . 2/10/2008
Whew...what a chapter! I quite enjoyed myself. The preliminary battles were just as excellent as the previous ones and that is just a testimate to your creativity and writing skills, I'm sure.

The continuation between Naruto and Dosu was rather...brutal is the best word as well as preplexing. It seems that Naruto's 'dark side' has taken complete control of the body, with the side affect of opening the first gate without actually opening it. HOLY CRAP! Is such a thing even possible (well...apparently it is but still!)! One thing that confuses me is that even if that's true, how is it that Dosu's melody arm no longer affect Naruto? Similiar to what he did against Garrett with all that mind over matter (for lack of a better term) stuff?

This pill that Dosu took though...that's very curious. Very curious indeed. From what I could tell, when one eats it, they receive a similar 'upgrade' as one does when they have a Curse Seal. Interesting, and if my thoughts on this all are accurate...that could have big consequences (though Dosu already paid with his life). This ought to be fun.

Sasuke and Hinata's respective reactions to Naruto's...ability... was expected and I'm most curious how the two will follow up because I can't see them ignoring this little detail about Naruto. Depending on what they do: they could either make the bonds between themselves stronger...or potentially break them.

Then we have Chouji vs. Lee...kinda. Poor Chouji, but at least it was quick and Lee didn't have to injure himself via the Gates or anything. Then Kankuro's and Neji's fight was rather short and to the point, but I'm not surprised that Neji won. Though I was suprised to see him use the Kaiten and Rokujuuyonsho that early. Not sure why...maybe because it won't be as big as a surprise during the finals like it was in canon.

Then we have the Tenten and Hinata match. I found it quite enjoyable, though I must confess I'm not sure I understand what technique Hinata used at the end. My first guess would be her Shugo Hakke Rokujuuyonshou from the anime, but the description doesn't really seem to match it.

Then we have the Sakura vs. Shikamaru match and I have to admit, I was seriously hoping Sakura would win simply because of her request, which gave me a great deal of respect for her to see just how seriously she is taking her shinobi training now (even though I knew that against Shikamaru, her chances of actually winning were partically zero). Still, I was impressed with the way she handled herself, as I was with Shikamaru and his 'encouragement speech' at the end. I hope we get a small peek at Sakura's character during the preparation time to see just how she intends grow now.

Then Ezekiel takes on both Zaku and Kin and basically dominates them. This Ezekiel really is a serious opponent, having this tortoise shell defense, plus at least one powerful suiton in addition to being able to use that staff/blade/weapon thing (just what is that thing called anyway? Is it an actual weapon, or just a custom designed one?). Though I have to ask: where did the water come from for Ezekiel to perform the Daibakufu? I've look, but I don't see where he had a sufficient, or even some water source for it since I was under the impression that they were in that preliminary room from canon, which does not have any sort of water source nearby.

So...for the ten hopefuls, the matches are as follows: Hinata vs Neji, Shikamaru vs Elru, Lee vs. Shino, Sasuke vs. Ezekiel and Gaara vs. Naruto. It's nice to see that all three members of Team 7 passed. All I can say to these match ups is...oh dear. Neji vs. Hinata in the very first fight? I imagine that Hinata is going to be quite nervous in the months to come, perhaps even to the point of frantic. Especially if Neji 'talks' to her before hand. And Naruto against Gaara already? Oh...crap...that could get ugly...the Sasuke and Ezekiel match looks EXTREMELY promising. Though three months? Why three as opposed to one? Oh well, I guess that's not really important.

What nonsense is this! Sarutobi passed away! What, already! You've got to be kidding me! Ok...now that the shock is over (mostly), I find myself very suspicious of this, especially since it's an ANBU operative that reported this. I wonder what the exact details are to this. I have to admit I'm slightly disappointed. I mean...Sarutobi's hardly had a role in this story and I quite like that guy! Especially if Orochimaru/Sand are still planning to their joint invasion.

On a side note: since you seem to be a fan of Tellemicus' works, maybe you'll do me the honor at reading Clash in the Land of Snow: Legacy Version and give me your views on it.

Overall, a very well done chapter. Magnificant really. I eagerly look forward to the next chapter, especially given it's title: Corruption. Anyway, I greatly look forward to the next chapter, whether it takes a month or not to take.
reader chapter 4 . 2/10/2008
great story
Krisis chapter 20 . 2/10/2008
impressive chapter
Stygian Styx chapter 20 . 2/10/2008
good chapter, though it seemed to drag on for a second at the end.
Dragon Man 180 chapter 20 . 2/10/2008
Hm... will Arashi or Jiraiya be training Naruto now? I'm eager to see. Nice matches, I'm especially glad Hinata won and can get to the tournament.
TimeShifter chapter 20 . 2/10/2008
What technique did Hinata use on Tenten, and how will she, along with Sasuke, Yamato, and Arashi react to hearing of Naruto's accidental sealing and subsequent release? He's definitely more confident, but is the friendly Naruto still there, the one Hinata cares about and the one all his friends have come to know? I'll be looking forward to Third Exam preparation, so best of luck with work and such, and see you for Corruption.
Baka Hanyou Raevyn chapter 20 . 2/10/2008
That was an amazing chap, but a horrible ending! You just killed Sandaime with no warning! What's that about!

Please update soon!
rasengan86 chapter 20 . 2/10/2008
Well it lloks like Naruto has quite a bit of explaining to do...and Jiraiya, seeing as he knew what was oging on and never told the Yondaime. Our hero doesn't wuite seem to have a perfect grasp on the Rasengan...but he's pretty damn close. I will be looking forward to seeing what the end result of the two parts of Naruto being joined will be.

Kabuto running around (which probably means Orochimaru is to), Akatsuki sneaking in to Konoha & the Uchiha apparently plotting something...with all that going on there is no way in the world I will believe the Sandaime up and died of natural causes. Especially considering since he hasn't been Hokage for an extra twelve years, he should be healthier than he was in canon minus all that stress. But if that's so the question remains, who done it?
Shuuwai chapter 20 . 2/9/2008
the next chapter is Corruption?

do i sense that Orochimaru will be corrupting either SAsuke or Naruto?

but i prefer Naruto with the way things are going now xp. it would be interesting and see how Arashi will act, after all.. with his match with Gaara, he would get him the best just to live.

a month?

i've been waiting so long for this..

curses you .
mlkoolc86 chapter 20 . 2/9/2008
Great chapter, can't wait for the next one.
Akira Stridder chapter 20 . 2/9/2008
whoa! man I cant wait till next chapter!hahaha destroy them all Naruto!
demonbloodfeeder chapter 19 . 2/1/2008
This chapter has been here since October and so I think you've had enough time to continue.
demonbloodfeeder chapter 19 . 1/29/2008
OH COME ON! You haven't updated since October and I think three months is enough time for a stupid cliffhanger. I mean enough is enough, right? I think alot of us readers really want to know what happens next.
kivlar chapter 4 . 1/23/2008
How the hell did naruto get worse over 3 years,

he had mastered water walking, tree climbing and was learning jonin level ninjutsu at 9

3 years later he has no chakra control, is considered a dead last and is disrespected even though his father is hokage

since I am going to keep reading anyway

I am either gonna pretend everyone else is actually super powerful for their age, or that whenever Naruto walks through his front door, his dads beats him over the head a few times with a bat causing brain damage
463 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »