Reviews for Just the Facts, Ma'am
Solarstone chapter 1 . 8/15/2009
You know, this is probably the most in-character Ginny I've seen in a fic in a long time. There's a certain sense of shallowness you feel from her in the books, and you captured that perfectly. I shudder everytime I think Harry not only dated that, but married her as well...
clap your hands say claire chapter 2 . 2/10/2008
A nice take on Hermione, I must say.
clap your hands say claire chapter 1 . 2/10/2008
I've never really liked Ginny, but that was excellent.
DukeBrymin chapter 2 . 2/6/2008
Interesting ideas, and good writing style. I think that Ginny especially is a little out-of-character, but effective nonetheless.
pline chapter 2 . 5/31/2007
wow you did the impossible! you made me LIKE hermione (for this fic at least) she's one of my least favorite characters! Unfortunately so is Ginny.. and sorry but she's just the most annoying girl ever. Good fic though!
weasleylovechild chapter 2 . 10/27/2006
Really good! ARe you continuing this?
luisabervel chapter 1 . 10/12/2006
I relly liked the difference between Hermione's style and Ginny's. The part about Potions made me giggle, I can imagine Snape writing that, and I do fancy the idea of CreativeWriter!Ginny, so there you have it. Excellent pieces, I hope we get to see more P.O.V.'s soon.
RockStar chapter 2 . 10/4/2006
Both chapters are truly well written. It's very fresh, innovative and makes an excellent read.
ESP chapter 2 . 10/1/2006
I love your Ginny. I want to be her. She's so real to me- it's how I've always imagined her, and how I think she is in the books, if you make it up a little. Do you know what I mean?

You're a genius.
IrishCharms chapter 2 . 9/25/2006
this is GREAT! more more more!
Sybil-hp chapter 2 . 9/15/2006
I've read a lot of your stuff and liked it all. But i think this is turning out to be one of my favorites. I like the way u write your storys. I don't know what makes it so different, but its almost as if ur there, and not on the outside looking in like a lot of other authors are now. Don't stop here! Keep going! Its so hard to find good stories lately!
Startide Risen chapter 2 . 9/8/2006
You do like to point out the nasty undersides of everything. It's fascinating, deeply true, and vairry interesting. All things are trade-offs. Nothing is free. It's nice to see someone write it-finally.

The voice changed with the change of narrator, as is only right and proper. But I will say that Hermione's diction is somewhat stiffer than Ginny's (also right and proper), which is good for accuracy but not so good for the RIVETING BEAUTY factor. This chapter is elegant and highly lucid, but the prose is neither as tight nor as image-laden as the last chapter.

I love reading (and writing) the Hermione/Ginny friendship. There's so much to complicate it; they're such different people. You've done a wonderful job addressing that here.

Favorite bits: "if any woman dared to take the weight of that mild bitterness off of me I might just scratch her eyes out"

"everything he said seemed more sincere when he said it to her"

"this must be how it felt to mothers when their sons fell in love" (because Hermione is half-mother, half-sister to him)

"It would have been gripping, had you any idea what you were talking about" (or anything Snape said, really)

"I think both of us heard the word dead"

Lovely! I wasn't sure if you would continue this and am very glad youd did.
Dracis Tran chapter 2 . 9/7/2006
The most thought-provoking I've seen from you yet. Your studies never cease to amaze.

I wish I could give some kind of critique to help you improve, but you're way out of my league.
Startide Risen chapter 1 . 9/6/2006
What's lovely about this is that it really is the way that people think. In my experience people are a lot more calculating inside their heads than they are out loud, and the fact that you can write Ginny with her hard edges and no apologies is fantastic. I've felt just about all of the things Ginny describes, which is perhaps why I like this piece so much. It certainly helps that you speak plain and to the point, without useless angsting or musing. (Much like Ginny herself, I suppose.)

I like:

"I was such a little whore-it was delightful."

"Not yet sticky, just a bit gummy."

"the distracting voracity of his grief"

"calm and tangible feeling that if he walked in here right now I might just jump him"

And, of course, my favorite is the masterful beauty that is the phrase: "comfortable as sunken ships."

Gorgeous.
kaleidoscope heart chapter 1 . 9/6/2006
slightly different from Ginny as I see her, but still wonderful. Especially the part where she explains her reasoning for starting that huge fight with Ron in hallway. She was embarrassed at herself, but admiting that would be admitting that she was wrong. Perfect.

I would like to see more of this if you plan on writing more. I've read In the House of the Quick and the Hungry enough to make myself a fan of yours for life, I think. I'll gladly come along for this one as well. :D