Reviews for The Many Faces of Jarlaxle
Rang Tracyn chapter 2 . 9/11/2012
A wonderful and insightful look into our favorite Drow mercenary's mind.
general zargon chapter 12 . 12/10/2010
This is an interesting story, and I like that you included Entreri in a lot of the chapters. _ Jarlaxle is one of my favorite characters, and I love that you wrote about his multitude of sides. :D I especially liked this chapter, since it showed Jarlaxle's kindness towards children. I also liked his interaction with Jordan. Please keep up the excellent work and update soon!
jarltreri chapter 1 . 1/29/2009
I always was fascinated with the paradoxical juxtaposition between Jarlaxle's unique ability to reconcile the darker, grittier nature of his lifestyle and Entreri's aversion and outright disgust at torture and injustice. One would think that Jarlaxle the dreamer, who sees the beauty in even the bleakest scenery, would shy away from the ugliness of torture. This snippet was a reminder that Jarlaxle is after, a drow, and that some aspects of his upbringing and culture are forever ingrained to his personality. However much he seems to rebel from dark elf society, his success and thriving business in the Underdark reveal as much at his adaptability and understanding of the rules. Good job on capturing the macabre humour by using something as innocuous as jam!
Butcherbird chapter 12 . 2/10/2008
Oh, my, gosh. WOW! You are VERY good... Keep it up!
Saint Swordfish chapter 12 . 6/23/2007
That was... something. Jarlaxle is indeed a man of many faces.
Xoroth chapter 12 . 6/19/2007
Definitely an interesting assortment of stories that in my opinion are quite indepth. All were enjoyable. Though the loss of Charon's Claw can is questionable Entreri has been known to some irrational things.
Ariel D chapter 12 . 6/8/2007
"most brightly dressed wean-mother"-LOL
Drow Elf chapter 11 . 6/8/2007
Sad that Jarlaxle would sell out his friend for a rock, but it's just the sort of thing he would do.

The Gem of Belihsaede? Did you make that up yourself? It's a very good name.

You know, this fic sort of reminds me of Pirates #3. When Jack is in the locker and is faced with all the aspects of his character. It's sort of like that.

Salaam alaikum,

Drow Elf

Xal dos zexen'uma wun l' elamshinae d' Lloth!
Linndechir chapter 12 . 6/8/2007
It's good, but not as good as the previous scenes. While I can see Jarlaxle acting like a hero, if only to have fun and confuse 'goodly' people like the Eillistraeeans, I think he would still be more ironic about it ('ironic' is maybe not the best word; what I mean is that he would still joke around and everything). Of course, Jarlaxle can be serious sometimes, but I still think that a bit more humour would have been fitting - but that's just my view on Jarlaxle.

I liked your description of the Eillstraeeans (because I don't like them *grin*). It might have been nice to see a bit more of their reactions to Jarlaxle, only a paragraph or two to emphasise how confused they probably were.

I'm curious which other sides of Jarlaxle you will show after this one!
Iceheart Firesoul chapter 12 . 6/6/2007
*grin* Aw, the kids love Jarlaxle. That was cute. "The world's kindest, most brightly dressed wean-mother." Or Santa in the summer! _ And the Eilistraeens are bewildered, going "Wasn't he supposed to be some kind of fearsome mercenary?" Lol.
Iceheart Firesoul chapter 11 . 6/6/2007
I could actually follow that rationalization... but then, if I had spent several days experiencing the TLC of that lovely order I probably wouldn't be feeling very understanding.

Another great chapter, and one that stands alone to highlight his twisty mind. "I abandoned you, but with every intention of coming back when standing with you wouldn't be some fruitless last stand."
Lessiehanamoray chapter 12 . 6/6/2007
Aw, it's so sweet. I can definitely see that as being Jarlaxle's soft spot.
Linndechir chapter 11 . 6/5/2007
I can hardly believe that I never reviewed this story, although I absolutely adore it. I'm sorry.

It's great how you portray the different sides of Jarlaxle's character, and as contradictory as they may seem, all of them are perfectly fitting. These scenes show very well how complex and fascinating Jarlaxle is, all the more as you also describe sides we never get to see in the books. My favourite scene is, until now, the third one (Sentimentalist), but the others are great, too.

As for this newest scene ... I feel so sorry for Artemis, it almost made me cringe to see him like that. However, your view on Jarlaxle is once again fitting, especially his confusion and lack of understanding of Artemis' anger, and the way he justifies (to himself, maybe) his actions ('I just explained to you why what I did wasn’t betrayal.').
Lessiehanamoray chapter 11 . 6/5/2007
That is very, very Jarlaxle. He strike me as the person who just doesn't quite understand how broad the word 'betrayel' really is. I like the fact that Artemis kicked him, he deserved it. Hopefully this would be mendable. ((There's a whole fanfiction in this chapter conceivably.))
Nuitari Aquarius chapter 11 . 6/5/2007
I've not read yet 'The Many Faces of Jarlaxle'... and I regret it! But, I've corrected my mistake .

That's excellent, and every short story succeeds in understanding our favourite mercenary's personnality. That's amazing.

This last is pretty bitter for Entreri... And it's perfect. Jarlaxle seems so cruel and greedy and...

Well, you get the picture .

Hurray for Jarlaxle!