Reviews for The Idiot's Guide to Rescue Situations
Awesome. I really love the twist. Maybe you could show us a bit of this story from Ichigo's point of view? ;)
young dawn chapter 1 . 4/17
I never knew I needed this AU until I read it. I loved Ichigo and Renji's banter, and I really like how you wrote Rukia. Nicely done.
Inkpot the round chapter 1 . 1/24
This is my favourite Bleach one shot of all times. And since I've been lurking in this fandom for close to ten years, I've read quite a number of them. Incidentally, it was one of the very first stories I've read so my expectations were understandably high. To this day there has been only a handfull of other writers who approached this level of excellence. There is no unnecessary word in this story.

So, much love. This is what Bleach could have been. And your take on Rukia's bankai is still the best I've read.
thebookishone chapter 1 . 7/21/2014
How you managed to write such a ridiculous, but convincing AU with characters that are spot on is beyond me, but that was brilliant.
My favorite was Rukia dragging Renji to safety. SO GOOD.
CrazyAce'n'PokerFace chapter 1 . 12/18/2013
heavens, i LOVE this what-if. :)
Galaxia chapter 1 . 8/19/2013
Bahahahaha! I am dying of laughter at Renji being so. . . . RENJI! Where Rukia awaited her death with resignation, Renji is a loudmouth to the end, bemoaning about how he'll die by a fiery chicken. Instead of berating Ichigo for coming to the rescue, Renji and Ichigo promptly get into an insult fight. In retaliation, Ichigo 'accidentally' drops him to the ground instead of catching him. ZANPAKUTOU SIZE INNUENDO! NOT THE CLIFF!

Everyone's roles have been switched around but reactions are still completely in character, especially how the various relationships would have shifted. Rukia, as befitting her upbringing, is colder and more formal due to upholding the Kuchiki propriety more strictly. Ichigo stays a protector, with a more snarky brotherly/rival friendship. Renji is still mostly Renji, but has a shade more regret over the loss of Rukia.

There's so many hilarious lines, I just want to quote most of the dialogue and madly cackle all the while. "... No. No. Rukia! Not the cliff, not the cliff aaaaargh - "

I fear for Renji's health and sanity in this changed world, because in this world Ichigo and Rukia are comrade pranksters in arms, bonded over their shared interest of driving Renji crazy. When Ichigo grinned, and then Rukia grinned, poor Renji was soon going to be in a world of hurt.
BiblioMatsuri chapter 1 . 3/11/2013
The banter, the internal narration... It's Renji, Rukia and Ichigo to a tee. (Especially if one takes the AU divergence into account.)
sessha16 chapter 1 . 10/31/2012
...this is an absolutely entertaining read... i love how you switched the roles around but still kept them in character...
Fading to Black chapter 1 . 10/6/2012
Yeah, I suppose Renji's had better days.
Unfortunateidiot chapter 1 . 5/10/2012
I love it!
iamnuff chapter 1 . 5/2/2012
this could be great.

i only wish we knew more about how this all came about
the general girl chapter 1 . 3/24/2012
I just died of laughter and I have absolutely ZERO COMPLAINTS.

THIS IS PERFECTION. THANK YOU FOR WRITING IT. Gaaaaaaah, Ichigo and Renji's dialogue absolutely kills me, and I could totally see this happening in canon if it'd been him who'd given Ichigo his powers and just

I kinda almost wish this WAS canon. xD

dadeedoo chapter 1 . 10/16/2011
Wow... What an interesting idea :) I loved how you wrote this.
Whitetree-Nimloth chapter 1 . 2/24/2011
Great story! And hilarious too!
Dee chapter 1 . 12/17/2010
Dude. I really, really loved that. The dialogue was hilarious, the characters spot-on.. How'd you do it? Ahh, I hate you and your superior writing skillz. Che. Haha, great work!
57 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »