Reviews for Waiting is Hell
xJasmine chapter 1 . 10/2/2008
D'aw... I love this! The Ferryman has such an interesting personality- and Alexander and his doctor! xD "WHY CAN'T YOU CONTROL YOUR APPETITE?" Good lord, that was wonderful! Thank you!
Vindalootoo chapter 1 . 3/21/2007
Thank you thank you thank you for reviewing my story. I would otherwise never have found this gem. It's the first story I've read in the Alexander fandom, and it's a wonderful introduction. Extremely well-written, clever, insightful, with marvelous bits of "real" mythology salted in...everything you want out of a story.

Look forward to more with great anticipation.
Bluehaven4220 chapter 1 . 1/3/2007
Wow! What do I say to that? I can actually picture that happening. Great descriptions, angst, an all around great story.
Norrsken chapter 1 . 10/27/2006
Dear Moon,

This is such a lovely tale, makes us see the sorrows of Death and Departing in a new way. It's difficult to treat these serious matters with humour - but you are successful. I smiled many times when I shared Hephaestion's troubles in the nether world. The mythological references were great, too.

It's so very human, the doctor being angered by his disobedient patient, having caused his untimely death. And then Alexander comes, being very angry with his Hephaestion for having abandoned him far too early. Their brutal fight and quarrel made me laugh and cry at tthe same time. I was even more happy when clever Charon helped them reconciliate when he came with his cup of Lethe's water of Forgiveness. Poor Ferryman, he sure has a difficult occupation. He must have been glad when his difficult guests were off to the Elysean Fields. Could one ask for a sequel? The fight between Achilles and Alexander sounds interesting - and what would Alexander think if Herakles has some amorous designs on his Hephaestion?

All the best wishes and many thanks for sharing,

/NorthernLight
Solaris Phoebus chapter 1 . 9/27/2006
This was a great and hilarious one shot. Hephaestion and Alexander are both spoilt and I liked how both Alexander and the doctor was mad that he ate the food. I loved his 'I was hungry' reply. It was hilarious.
yuugata no baka chapter 1 . 9/24/2006
This was awesome. So cute and silly, but also insightful. I loved the way that the ferryman treated Hephaestion so rudely, like he was a little boy, rolling his eyes and groaning with frusteration.

“Your grandfathers are waiting for you, Hephaestion! They’ve been asking after you!”

He looked up, interested in spite of himself. “Have they really…?”

“Oh, yes!” I cried in what I hoped was an encouraging tone. “They can’t wait to see you again and hear all about Alexander!”

This showed Hephaestion and Alexander as immature, over-emotional fools - fools who became demigods . . . it was a refreshing look at them. This story was entertaining; even the serious parts had a touch of cynicism thanks to the ferryman's narration. Good job, keep up the excellent writing!
A Horse Called Hwin chapter 1 . 9/21/2006
Always LOVE your stories!
Tastytime chapter 1 . 9/20/2006
Is that not typical? I am off the internet for days and weeks, and I come back to have a little look around, and find this! I don't think I stopped laughing all the way through it, and at the end I was just staring at the screen, thinking 'Damn you! You depress me utterly, its just not y fair." Then I had a look at the author, and I calmed down a bit, because you're such a brilliant writer that it sort of cheered me up that there weren't two of you floating around the place. Needless to say I loved the story, and yes I can just see Charon wanting to kick Hephaestion and Alexander's arses to hell and back XD Going off to have a look at that other new story of yours I spotted. Also, will email you the 2 chapters tomorrow (I need to grammar check them.)
mad about books chapter 1 . 9/9/2006
Wow! That's all I have, Wow!

I found this story amusing, amazing, hilarious, and wonderful all at once. It's now one of my favorites.

The concept you used by using Charon as a narrator is rather unique, but that's why the point of view was awesome and so much fun!

I loved it when the doctor beat Hephaestion to a pulp.

Thanks so much for creating a great story!
dramadream10 chapter 1 . 9/1/2006
As always I loved your story! I read it on my lunch break and it just lightened my day! I laughed so hard when Glaukias' let Hephaistion have it...nice touch, I must say! I look forward to read more from you!
Becky Greenleaf chapter 1 . 9/1/2006
Ah Moon...and here we are again with yet another excellent and absolutely breathtaking story. This is why you are on my favorite author list. There hasn't yet been a story that you have written that hasn't been absolutely perfect. Reading a new story from you truly makes my day.

I really loved the beginning with an arrogant Hephaestion. It was quite hilarious! I also loved your characterization of Charon. He was truly excellent! I really enjoyed his interactions with Alexander and Hephaestion. And lastly, the little reunion between Alexander and Hephaestion! Now I think that was my favorite part. Poor Hephaestion! I really do love those two so much.

This story was just so fantastic that I could sit here and praise you all day but this review has already been stretching on for too long.

Congratulations Moon on yet another lovely piece of work. Keep up the great work! You're truly a very talented and gifted writer and I do hope to read more from you soon.

Love,

Becky Greenleaf
Trust No One chapter 1 . 8/30/2006
Thanks to you, I now learned that there is a 'key to a successful death' - wow! what a fresh concept, fresh perspective! I adored Charon, so jaded, and how the monotony of his job made him wish for some excitement. Truly a case of 'be careful what you wish for', LOL. You Elysium is not without its bitterness though - the pain as well as the pleasure nothing but a memory? That was a twist in the guts and no mistake. How is that going to work with the forgetfulness? On the up-side, maybe they'll have to learn about pleasure all over again - they have eternity after all.

What is fascinating about your stories is that each and every one of them has the possibility to be continued and expanded.
Fredericka chapter 1 . 8/29/2006
Like Coral I also found this hilarious. Poor Hephaestion, sitting around weeping like a lovesick girl, then when his self-centered beloved arrives, get punched out for his (abdominal) pains. If I ‘d been him, I’d have said, “Eris was right! You really ARE an arrogant little runt. . .blaming me for drinking away your empire. Fine! Stay here and pout. I’m off to the Elysium fields, where I understand Herakles is eager to make my acquaintance - and the beauteous Helen? - once she gets a look at these thighs, they’ll have a “simply divine” catfight to see who goes first. Hasta la vista baby!

**Fredericka
Baliansword chapter 1 . 8/27/2006
One of my new favorites. As always, I love your work. I can completely see Hephaestion defying death and the ferryman in such a way. I can see Alexander doing the same. Such perfect characterizations. Another great piece. Can't wait to see more from you soon. Hope your holiday goes well.

Baliansword
Poppyflower chapter 1 . 8/27/2006
This is a brilliant story! Congratulations! It made me laugh! It full of funny ideas: Hades indignant attitude, the furios Glaucias, Hephaistion being in a huff... In short this is a very funny and

witty fic! Thank you for it!

And I very courios what will happen in Elysium? Dont you continue this wonderful story?
37 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »