Reviews for Waiting is Hell
angstman chapter 1 . 8/27/2006
Very interesting story. I really enjoy it.
khepri2 chapter 1 . 8/27/2006
Loved this especially 'the key to a successful death lies in what you choose to keep and what you prefer to discard' - great theology! Poor Heph certainly suffered over one small chicken!
CoralDawn chapter 1 . 8/26/2006
I think I am weird, but I found this to be a very funny story! From Glaukias' very reasonable anger, to the bored Charon, Hades in a bad mood, Akhilles waiting to challenge Alexander to a duel, the amorous Herakles waiting with designs on Hephaistion, it all had me laughing. I loved Hephaistion's arrogant attitude at the beginning as well as Alexander being in a snit after death as all his wonderful dreams and plans had to come to an end because of the damned chicken and the wine. Thanks for wonderful laughs!
purple lolly chapter 1 . 8/26/2006
Hey hey

No, you didn't get it wrong but sadly i won't be enjoying the bank holiday have a mountain of work to get though that have to been handed in at the end of the week :( (wa)

Great story i love it when Hephaistion has abit of a cheeky streak in him and the whole POV of the ferry man he has to put up with alot.

if i didn't have a painful back i would jump up and give you a standing ovation ah what the hell jump ouch ouch sit back down agin
stonestepper chapter 1 . 8/26/2006
Ah Moon, how does one thank somebody for such a wonderful story. I really don't know how you do it. You have captivated me. Interesting, different, and oh so enjoyable. What a pleasure this story was to read. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Wendy
Del Rion chapter 1 . 8/26/2006
I felt so sorry for Hephaistion in the beginning - I am on a pretty weird mood, so I actually had tears in my eyes. First the fear: why hadn't Alexander seen for his rites? Then Alexander's sorrow, his death..

The only thing that bothered me was Alexander's words. He sounded so... well, childish. As if their love greater than life suddenly did not matter. After all, Alexander had long ago said he would follow Hephaistion to his death. But then again life changes people... Perhaps the bitterness between the two actually ate away Alexander's love and concideration...

Anyway, a good ending, a lovely story and all that! I am all envious and impressed, as I do not possess such knowledge of Greek mythology and history ;) Greath story yet again.
Lysis chapter 1 . 8/26/2006
It is extremely difficult to read a story like this while feeding a large rotwelier! I kept crying on him, and he kept licking my hand instead of eating. Okay, I love your humor - it's wonderful the way you interspere (spelling) it with the sadness of Hephaistion's glum and depression being parted from Alexander. The character you gave to the Ferryman was really funny. I do wonder, how would that have been to row the legions of dead across the Styx for eons, would it have been a bit hum drum after a while? This was just a great story, I loved it, even if it did make me cry; well just a little bit. I thought Alexander's reaction when he finally got to see Hephaistion was funny, I wonder that sounds a little bit like Alexander, cover your heavy emotions up with another feeling 'because you are quite sure of how to handle them or the response you might receive. I'll read it again later, wtihout the dog as company.
37 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3