Reviews for Tag to Common Ground
LAIsobel chapter 2 . 2/27/2009
I must say that this story got me.

Lot's of material to think about...

I think you did a great job :o)
Asugar chapter 2 . 9/28/2008
Very in character for both and you raise some very interesting questions. I love seeing Rodney and Carson the two best friends together again. Rodney has seemed very lonely on the show without him and then he bares got 3 minutes with him in Whispers. John and Rodney are good and adversarial friends but they are far from best friends and I think the show suffers from Rodney no longer having someone to confide in or be vulnerable with.
Asugar chapter 1 . 8/17/2008
Great job. I love John confiding in Teyla.
renisanz chapter 2 . 12/16/2007
Wow. Yet another insightful moral debate.
ChRsTiNe17 chapter 2 . 11/16/2006
Loved ch 2. I can so see Carson freaking out like that.
LoveConquers chapter 2 . 9/4/2006
Very nice job on these chapters! It is nice to read the kind of conversations I wish we could have seen in the ep itself. Thank you so much for writing this!
ManicTater chapter 2 . 9/3/2006
Awesome. So many issues were brought up in this episode. And I especially like how you brought Michael into the conversation, and without even mentioning his name! I really wish the show would acknowledge Michael and those events more. I really hope he comes back this season. I know it's fruitless, but I wish Michael's story could have a happy ending and there could be some kind of accord or understanding reached between his and the Atlantis team's point of view.

I want to know if he has been permanently impacted by his 2 transformations. Other than being pissed and feeling betrayed.
ocean chapter 2 . 9/3/2006
Excellent chapter. You have raised some very pertinent questions and as you say sometimes there never is an easy answer.
jtjaforever chapter 2 . 9/3/2006
Love this new chapter and how you tied in this new info about the Wraith w/Carson's feelings of quilt about *Micheal* and the others of Misbegotten. The shows left a lot of food for thought and I think you did well in looking at these views from the prospective of one who was already doubting the justification of their actions.

Great job.
TheNaggingCube chapter 2 . 9/2/2006
Oh very good story. I hope this one shot that became a two parter has another one in it too... I mean Elizabeth needs to have her say too.

Great story.
carsonfreelancer chapter 1 . 9/1/2006
Very interesting. I too thought that Common Ground was one of the most interesting episodes of Atlantis that I've seen. Are you continuing this fic, or is it just the one chapter? I'd like to see a little more.
cherryblossomjen chapter 1 . 8/28/2006
Great job, I love that the incident with the Wraith was enough to make John question everything he's come to believe about the other Wraith as a species.

But, You know what's freaky? I just finished writing a post 'Common Ground' story on Livejournal about Teyla and John talking on the balcony. The similarities between our stories stop there, I suspect - but I wanted to give you the heads up before I posted it on so you didn't think I wasn't trying to take your concept.

To me, it's a classic example of 'great minds think alike,' actually. :D But let me know if you feel otherwise and I won't post it here.
renisanz chapter 1 . 8/27/2006
I totally agree with your line of thinking. There are some serious ethical issues going on with this show, and I really think it needs to be addressed. I'm glad the writers are putting it out there somewhat.
ManicTater chapter 1 . 8/27/2006
I thought it was a great episode, too. I didn't see last season's, but I have been loving the Michael episodes this season. I agree that we don't know a lot about the Wraith, but I also believe, that most probably wouldn't be interested in trying ways to alter thousands of years of behavior.

But, the way Michael completely trusted Sheppard, and the way he helped save the team... I know he was upset because his Queen didn't trust him, and basically told him his life was going to end soon, but I think part of him still identified with Sheppard.

I think the chemical experimentation is not a nice concept considering it strips away a Wraith's self, but I see it as a way to avoid genocide. A way to hope that coexistace might be possible eventually. Afterall, the Wraith did start out basically as humans.

Well, I guess it is genocide of a culture, but not genocide of a race.

The Wraith, just might though, be able to begin an evolution of the way they look at humans. If that milenia (sp?) old interia of thought, can just be altered...

Thanks so much for the fic.
Batman'sBeauty18 chapter 1 . 8/27/2006
I like the idea behind the story, but I think Teyla was slightly out of character. You had her say "um" a few times, and that sort of hesitant speach does not really seem like her. Also, Teyla does not seem like the kind of person who would make a "retort"