Reviews for Kim Possible: So The Drama: The Resolution
xavierp chapter 28 . 8/25/2013
Absolutely wonderful story.
Librana chapter 28 . 5/3/2013
I am reviewing this several years after it was written, and I hope that the author is still reading these reviews. Because I want to say that this was an absolutely outstanding tale, that lived up to its title and is without doubt the most satisfying post-StD story in ff dot com.

There are many great stories on this site, and since discovering Kim Possible at the ripe old age of 59 a year ago, I have read as many as I can, trusting to recommendations from other authors. But only one other - Slyrr's A Friend in Darkness - has moved me like this one. Both stories have taken a children's cartoon to heights undreamed of by its creators, revealing the richness of the backstory and the mythos only hinted at by the original.

Your tale is at its basic level a simple message, that Love Conquers All. In your hands this often trite storyline has become an epic tale that provides an entirely convincing tying up of many story arcs and otherwise-puzzling developments. Just why did Shego go bad? And why the subtext of her apparently liking Kim despite everything? Did Kim really move on from Eric in just a few hours, or was Ron just a rebound and a broken heart waiting to happen? Would Kim really have seen Ron as BF material so quickly? And what would happen after graduation in the absence of aliens?

And as if that was not enough, you added a Chinese dragon mythos that superbly complemented the Japanese monkey power story of the original source and as a result gave the tale a symmetry lacking in the original. Ron's coming of age and the development of his powers in this story made much more psychological sense than their sudden emergence in Graduation. And unlike many stories that elevate Ron to heights unmatched by Kim, you allowed her to grow with him and maintain her rightful place as the girl who can do anything.

So much to compliment. Making Eric the ex-boyfriend of Shego was inspired, as was the whole Prophecy linking grandmother through Kim and Shego to her own granddaughter, with Ron and his unselfish love the common factor. And you handle dialogue masterfully. Your characters are recognisably those of the programme but naturally moving on in their lives. And the whole story feels as though it is inevitable. Never have I read a post-StD story that makes Season 4 so redundant. Shego's evolution into Kim's "sister" so much more convincing than the ending of Graduation, and Drakken remaining unreconstructed is consistent with his villainy in StD.

If I had some quibbles they were minor. Ron a billionaire from a nickel per naco? That would have required BN to have sold more nachos than Macdonalds sells all burgers in ten years. And I never really bought the argument that had Ron revealed the truth to Kim earlier about his powers and training, she would have left him because of her unresolved issues, especially as much of this was due to her concern about Ron's Ronness. Some great tales, notably Sentinel103's Once Again arc, have shown by contrast the corrosive effect of such concealment. Finally, I was unsure about the intralogues -to me they broke the pace and gave away too much (it was fairly obvious from the start that Kim was waiting to give birth).

What a wonderful story! I have just read The Rose which beautifully completes the arc. It leaves me wondering if Kim and Ron's vision of a future dictatorship (Drakken's grandson?) was no more than a failed timeline or if there was more to come after the events of that story?

Thank you so much for an amazing journey that left me shaken and stirred.
pbow chapter 16 . 7/12/2012
You have a very good story going here but I have to point out one thing. Team Possible arrived at the temple around sunup, "before the heat of the day", and entered the temple after doing some recon. Then, suddenly, it was a half hour before noon. Your timeline is a bit off.
Also, if Kim knew all they had to do to foil the plot was to destroy the Tempus Simia idol, then why didn't she simply fire her grappler at the idol to smash it?
I was also sure, before the fight started, that Kim would suddenly trust Ron implicitly and regain her confidence. I guess that will come in the next chapter.
Thanks for the great story.
pbow
Mavyric chapter 28 . 7/12/2012
Although this story is 6 years old now, I must say it is without doubt one of the most well-written KP fanfics there are. I feel very much obliged to write a review for this story.

The whole flow of the plot is nice, and the fight sequences and emotional scenes were done very well. I was sorta tweaked that Ron still does not get enough credit for what he does, especially since I thought the story was going to be more Ron-centric. This seemed to shift in the later chapter, which was confusing to me.

The intralogues were interesting, as it was in a sense a summary and a preview all in one. Although again, it might have made more sense for the main story to be from Ron's POV and use the intralogue for Kim's perspective.

All in all, I congratulate you on this wonderful fanfic of KP, and wish you well in your future endeavors.
Sharksbean chapter 28 . 5/25/2010
OK this is the absolute BEST kim possible fanfiction i have ever had the honor to read!
Sentinel103 chapter 20 . 11/4/2009
Excellent Jer...very nice and tender...

Like I said before, Ya did real good. I hope some of the newer readers on KPFF have gotten around to your end of the site.

Later,

Sentinel103 chapter 9 . 10/29/2009
Jeriddian, you know I read the whole stoty before. I decided to read it again for my own enjoyment. I realized I didn't leave any reviews.

I apologize. In the current chapter of 'Separate Lives' I told all my readers to take a look at this wonderful story..

Thanks again for writing it.

the stone tiger chapter 28 . 7/3/2009
very nice story

i know i'm kinda late reviewing but i just read the story lol

i must say that this one is one of the best i have read.

it just had all of it

a good amount of humor, romance, friendship, action etcetera

keep up the good work
Sentinel103 chapter 4 . 1/16/2009
Jeriddian, just so you know I read all your stuff, but did it before I started leaving reviews. I have enjoyed each and every one. I have also printed out several chapters of "Resolution" as a guide to proper punctuation. You can thank the Cajun Bear for idea. Also will give you proper credit for the help with my new story. I know you have a lot on your plate right now.

But again, Thanks,

Scarlet Azalea chapter 28 . 8/30/2008
Beautifully done, even though as a Chinese I found it slightly odd in some places. :)
SliferRed chapter 28 . 5/14/2008
Cool Story!
screaming phoenix chapter 1 . 12/13/2007
Good story,no,great is the kind of story you re-read because it has such rich detail and complex charters that you are sure you missed something the first time.I'm not sure about your explaination of why Kim fell so hard for it does play into the theory the he was made to "play her". In some of the discovery dialog,however,Kim does come off as somewhat how Ron got so much better in his fighting she is wondering not how this helps the team but how it might infringe on her admidity better fighting and leading is relieved when Ron doesen't want anything other than to "watch her back" as he has always an insecure eighteen year old girl, even a crime fighting save the world kind, isn't beyond belief.I do like how you explained both Erik's apperance and him look and almost act like an old flame of Shego's? Well done! I like how you tell the story through the was a well done device that added a bit of mistery to the wasn't untill I was about halfway through the story that I understood that Kim was suffering not from an injury but kept me guessing there for awhile.A nice tale worth my time to read and certainly worth my time to for the good time.
goryujin chapter 28 . 4/26/2007
i just finished reading your story and must tell you, this is one of the best stories i have read so far (and i read a lot).
Joe Stoppinghem chapter 25 . 3/27/2007
I had a little trouble following the fight scene but was able to understand the just of it.

Great to see what the great test was.

I can't wait to get to the next chapter to see what has happened to K/R.

Sorry I haven't sent a review sooner, but every time I wanted to settle down to read it something else came up requiring attention.

Thanks
CajunBear73 chapter 28 . 3/27/2007
Good completion of your rewrite of this start to this story arc!

Now on to the next chapter of this tale.

CB73