Reviews for Great, Beautiful, Terrible Things
lzech216 chapter 4 . 10/31
Love this one. I like to know the boys are safe
Lexy chapter 1 . 7/21/2012
I'm right with Caleb on the whole from where I'm standing it doesn't look like they knew what they were doing , makes me wanna hurt them for making Sammy cry
Voldemort- Coolest Badguy EVER chapter 4 . 4/20/2010
Just when everything's peaceful... Enter John. 8) Perfect for that last piece of drama!

I loved Caleb fighting John's method of parenting (what's not to love about protective Uncle Caleb?) - the entire conversation was awesome, with the wavering heights of emotion from both men.

I'm glad this epilogue came to be; after all, Dean got his comfort from Caleb. Sam needed some too. 8)

So, we come to the end of another brilliant story. And unless I'm wrong, you're only two reviews away from a lovely 150! ...I have a thing for multiples of 50. 8P

Thanks for a great read.

Voldemort- Coolest Badguy EVER chapter 3 . 4/20/2010
You gotta love that a Dean-and-Caleb conversation goes neatly from comfort to hurt to comfort. 8)

Dean and Caleb get in some great lines that had me laughing out loud - then we had Dean's confession, which, having read so many Brotherhood stories, was incredibly sad. And then we end with some more humour and beautiful fluff.

And loved your ending there - perfect line!

Voldemort- Coolest Badguy EVER chapter 2 . 4/20/2010
Despite the darkness of Dean's flashback, this scene had a lovely, funny bit of luff mixed throughout it. Why? ... Because Sam was over his shock. 8) Very cute!

There was wonderful brothery-love going on all over the place here with Dean and Caleb, and Sam and Dean - some much needed comfort.

Still waiting for John to arrive and add some drama, as he tends to do. ;)

Voldemort- Coolest Badguy EVER chapter 1 . 4/20/2010
Wow, this was an intense chapter! It was a very interesting start. Having not yet read the story with Marilyn (and not able to remember it from the first time round), there's was a moment of "...What?". But then the story gets underway, and it hardly matters.

Regardless of whether I remembered the first scene or not, it was beautifully written; it's nice to see a stranger observing Dean - they have an interesting view of his character.

Then we get to Caleb, which, of course, I though was an awesome scene. Protective Caleb for the win! 8)

Very angsty and dramatic chapter, wonderful start to the story.

K-Marie-M chapter 4 . 5/13/2009
That was enlightening. I wish it had continued.
Halcyon Impulsion chapter 4 . 10/20/2008
Nicely finished. These were my favorite parts:

There was no way he was going to wake Dean up so the man could take his frustration out on a willing whipping boy. (Hurray Caleb!)

“They’re Winchesters, aren’t they?” They had to be okay. There was no other option, no luxury to be otherwise, not okay. (weep)

“I really hate cockroaches, Caleb.” His voice broke a little, and he leaned closer to the other man. “And I don’t like Arkansas very much either.” (sob)

Caleb knew he‘d let John off way too easy. (Totally, but his reasoning was sound enough)
Halcyon Impulsion chapter 3 . 10/18/2008
I wish we'd gotten to know Caleb more in canon and I enjoy that you've worked so hard to bring him to life for us.
Halcyon Impulsion chapter 2 . 10/18/2008
There were some fab moments in this chapter, and I particularly like this:

Dean would never understand people. At times he understood the whole fire and brimstone destruction thing, though.

It's always interesting to me that with all of Dean's hardness and willing brutality, he's incredibly child-like in some ways; children don't generally see much grey either.
Halcyon Impulsion chapter 1 . 10/17/2008
That first, dude, that first section is exquisite. And this was funny:

Dean looked at her as if she had just said that Angelina Jolie was somewhat attractive. "I lost it.”

This made me laugh too-it should become a regularly used Sam!Type LOL: Leaking!Sam :)

Crying women were bad enough, but a leaking Sam was an entirely different dilemma.
Ghostwriter chapter 3 . 9/21/2008
Cute. Catch ya on the flip side.
Enkidu07 chapter 3 . 3/30/2008
great story. so much love and compassion and rawness. i loved it.
tanpopo no hana chapter 4 . 1/13/2008
I absolutely love this story! You captured the story and the characters perfectly. Kudos!
iluvcake chapter 4 . 12/26/2007
I love the ending of this story. So mean- yet so funny! On a different note: This would be a perfect story for a video. It's not a skill of mine but I'm thinking Tara could totaly pull it off. You might pass the thought along! :)