Reviews for Harsh Grip
Jigglypuff chapter 4 . 1/5/2012
Absolutely love this story. The diagologue, the prose and the descriptions were spotless,but the ending was somewhat lackluster. The only thing I wanted to see is the ramifications of Jamie Calloway's actions clarified, as The nuclear bomb seems to have taken many lives, both Spartan, marine and ONI alike.

One idea is that with the HAVOC bomb detonated, the Spartan-II program is exposed to media and doctoral scrutiny. As a result, both professional bioethicists and the media pronounce it unethical, unsustainable, and unviable. Dr. Halsey's doctorate is revoked as a result, after a lengthy trial that reveals much of ONI's corruption and abuses.

from the ashes of ONI, rises a new intelligence agency that has more constraints than it predecessor, and new regulations enacted after the CASTLE incident, as I may call it, require all future projects be scrutinized by a panel of bioethicists employed by universities from all corners of the former UNSC bloc. Also similar programs may have to use criminals with lengthy records, and even then they are usually mind- wiped and referred by their criminal record ID number.

Samuel-034 or Samuel Calloway as he is now known in this story, may be called to testify at Dr Halsey's trial as well, and even then he will side with the prosecution team. I also would like a brief picture of his life 2 or 3 years after this story.
Nolan Robertson chapter 2 . 6/3/2008
Haha! The general reminds me of a captain I knew once! This is so far the best written story you've made so far. The imagry is very good, and not too little or too much. I'll keep reading later. Great job!
Mr. 125 chapter 4 . 3/31/2008
I don't know if you're still taking reviews, but I just have to throw this in.

Simply put, I loved it. It's a piece of brutality that I always imagined, dealing with the Spartan indoctrination... well done. Personally, I thought you nailed John's personality quite well.

And you kept Sam alive (my favourite Spartan), so points for all of that. I'll say it again, fantastic job.
RootyTooty chapter 4 . 3/29/2008
Great story man. Great story. So emotinal. But I agree this did make the Humans seem more evil then they really were.
BladeZer0 chapter 4 . 1/4/2008
Well, I must say, this story had quite a dramatic effect. But it makes the Spartans and the humans more evil than it seems they would be.

After seeing the cruelty inflicted upon poor Jamie, and the missions John went through to defend Earth and what was left of the human race in the Halo games, I think the first question that popped into my head was "Is there really anything left to protect?"
Spacefan chapter 4 . 9/1/2006
Damn! I've got this moisture leaking from my eyes. GREAT STORY! I love happy endings...
CrimePayzVS chapter 1 . 8/27/2006
.GOD.

Ending was a killer. Jesus christ hurry up and add next chapter