Reviews for Hard Times
chrishowley83 chapter 3 . 6/29
THATS IT, THATS THE END, WTF! i have read quite a bit of fanfiction but i dont think i have ever been so annoyed at the ending of any of them as i was at the ending of this. this is a great story with the crappiest ending EVER.
aIetto chapter 2 . 6/11/2013
WTF.
Bubblezmith chapter 3 . 2/19/2012
This is so OOC that i don't know where to begin... so I won't.

Bad ending, great concept for a longer fic.

(sigh)...

I loved it until the end then I despised it, and then I understood it.

Overall, good job.

But highly unsatisfying.
Alexander - Godslayer chapter 3 . 11/10/2011
…this is gonna sound crude as hell, but I’ve never wanted to so much to actually rewrite someone else’s story. Though I suppose doing so would be tremendously offending…

And by all that, by no means I mean the story is technically bad. It just feels… SO unpolished. Never mind that it shows here that this is one of your earliest works, but there’s more than one part that felt like it could be brilliantly atmospheric yet its left rather simple and raw. And my other big complain would be the dialog, specifically how sometimes Kim or Shego would voice a long paragraph of lines, and I found it hard to believe they could possibly get away with that without getting interrupted by the other. Multiple times.

Still, I’d be laying if I said I didn’t enjoy the simple story and structure. The part with Kim and Shego at the tent was what felt rather atmospheric and with further room to explore. I also particularly liked how Kim let himself go while he could hide it under the façade of being taken by a masculine mind. The twist is… well, dunno, I don’t suppose it was that obvious, but considering what you had already told me, I can’t say it surprised me. The open ending sure leaves people hanging, though…

One thing I ACTUALLY disliked, though, was Shego’s "I Love You" confession, because it (almost) comes out of nowhere; because it really, REALLY doesn’t fit her behavior during the entire rest of the fic; and because it’s extremely clichéd. That Shego might find Kim hot either as man or woman is easy for me to see, but that "I love you" totally ruined any credibility in Shego’s character.

Oh well, you win some, you lose some. I’ll still be reading the sequel sooner or later. Can’t leave this pregnancy just hanging like that.

Yours, "Hermaphrodite Heart" Alexander/Alexlayer.

See you soon!
Sonny Day chapter 3 . 6/19/2008
It just ends like that? Huh?

I think TempestDash raises some good points too.
Sonny Day chapter 1 . 6/19/2008
With the way everyone in the cartoon just abondon helmets and parachutes, Shego making Kim pack her chute away first is a touch of genius.
Mirenheart chapter 3 . 6/4/2008
It's sad. It brings a teer to my eye. (sniff)

Okay enough of that. This is pretty good, and I'm not saying that out of being perverted or anything like that.
Desslock3 chapter 3 . 4/22/2007
Usually I'm not a fan of lemons, but this one works becuase its pretty tounge in cheek. The two am wake up scene was pretty funny too. As the saying goes "its funny becuase its true". But the last chapter was a real change, from humor to serious. I liked the ending since it sets you up for questions as to what's Shego going to do now? Will we see this Shego developed any further?
Nidoking16 chapter 3 . 1/7/2007
Whoa...

That was not what I expected. Great story with an interesting twist. It was written very well, and I enjoyed reading it. I wonder how the rest of this story would play out? I would like to read it if you have any other ideas. If not, that's fine. I've had plenty of ideas that don't have anything else to them. They're just... there, and I can't think of anything else. Anyway, again, great story, and I would like to see more if it's possible.
beeftony chapter 3 . 1/2/2007
Okay, I'll admit I'm a bit of a perv (what teenager isn't?), but this is just too much. Or at least that's what I thought. I feel dirty just for reading this, but hey, sometimes dirty is fun.

I'm not sure which style of KiGo I like better: Something like "Best Enemies," where Kim and Shego slowly but surely discover their latent feelings for each other, or stuff like this, where Shego deliberately and unabashedly goes after Kim. The latter actually seems to suit her personality better, though she's *majorly* OOC. I had a hard time getting used to it, but I see now that you were trying to release the primal, unafraid, in-your-face Shego who has been hiding in a shell of arrested development on the show.

I like that you made Kim the guy, at least physically. Most authors would have gone with Shego, but she's already the aggressive one in this fic. Kim is a newbie, and behaves much like I would expect. Even though Kim is the one with the supernaturally-provided penis, Shego still acts like the man, even going so far as to walk out on Kim at the end.

You did a good job creating the atmosphere with language that is slightly more vulgar than what I am used to reading (and writing) in lemons. It really fit Shego's personality in this fic.

I really enjoyed this unique take on KiGo. This one's going on my favorites.
Lori C. Dunn chapter 3 . 12/27/2006
Yo that sucks I hate sad endings but the story was awesome keep it up.
CastaS chapter 3 . 12/8/2006
great story, i enjoyed it.
battousai24 chapter 3 . 10/7/2006
Wow. That was... rather... weird..
Chikiko chapter 3 . 9/13/2006
the end? as in the end? or as in the end of this part stay tuned for the next part sometime soon? hopefully its the later cuz leaving it there is... is... its just not right! anyway it was a great story. i dont know why it took me so long to get around to it but it was great.
Laura Atkinson chapter 1 . 9/4/2006
How could you end it like that? What the fuck. Oh my god!