Reviews for Family Getaway
shortykb chapter 2 . 3/14
HI. is there anyway you could finish this story? there are still plenty of LOCI readers out there. thanks
bobbysgirl1 chapter 10 . 1/20/2011
any more pls
TheGoddessPixie chapter 9 . 4/11/2010
"But he also knew that he wasn't going to loose this, loose her."

Its LOSE by the way... I see this mistake so often I wonder if all the writers here had the same English teacher. Not a flame, just an observation, and since you wrote this 3 years before I ever found this site, I'd be shocked if you cared about my very late in the game observations.

TheGoddessPixie chapter 8 . 4/11/2010
They don't judge? That's all they've been doing to Bobby.

TheGoddessPixie chapter 6 . 4/11/2010
Color me confused. Up to this point Alex and Bobby are PARTNERS, not a couple, they haven't dated. So where does Debbie get the idea that Bobby is her future brother-in-law? Isn't that for Alex and Bobby to decide, or is Debbie just going to ASSUME they'll go along with HER plans? Control issues much there, Deb?

TheGoddessPixie chapter 5 . 4/11/2010
Really dislike the women in this family, then men seem okay so far, but honestly, the women are so rude and vulgar. I swear, in my 23 years of marriage not one of my 9 sisters has EVER asked me about my 6'5" husband's "assets" or ability in bed. We don't discuss such details. I have also never been involved with any such discussions concerning any of my brothers-in-law, the most we discuss is whether our sibling is happy and if the spouse is treating them well.

Any details beyond those are only the business of the couple involved... NOT the rest of the family. Were these people raised by wolves?

TheGoddessPixie chapter 3 . 4/11/2010
Still not liking this family. They seem more interested in hurting Alex than helping her.

Poor Bobby, what an awkward position to be in.

TheGoddessPixie chapter 2 . 4/11/2010
Now I am not liking the sister or sisters-in-law. What are they gonna do next, count his teeth? Pull out a tape measure and measure his penis? Maybe each of them will demand a test-drive in the bedroom to make sure he "measures up" to THEIR standards... forgetting what Alex wants or needs, of course.. HER wishes obviously count for squat with these women.

I'm #9 out of 13 kids, and it is awkward for new people when they meet our family, but we are never flat out RUDE and we try to make the new person comfortable, we do not attack or interrogate potential new family members... we save that for people born into the family.

These women are RUDE, and may be killing any chance Alex may have had with Bobby, but maybe that was the plan all along.

TheGoddessPixie chapter 1 . 4/11/2010
I already don't like Debbie. She just railroaded right over Alex's wishes and pushed her into something she wasn't ready for. Alex is a grown woman, a widow, a woman who already loved and lost... she is plenty mature enough to know her own mind. Her sister just DISRESPECTED her big-time.

Alex is perfectly capable of running her own life, her sister should let her.

Medea Callous chapter 10 . 5/26/2009
This is really sweet and romantic, and I like how you twigged to Eames's way of protecting herself. So many fics focus on Bobby being closed, but I think she is just as guilty, although possibly more adept, so it doesn't seem as obvious. I wish you'd continue this! I know how tough it is to come back after a break, but this fic is worth it!
star jelly chapter 10 . 3/8/2008
I love this story and Alex's family! I can't wait for more
kellz1pt5 chapter 10 . 1/27/2008
This story was so cute! Great job!
RussianWolf7 chapter 6 . 10/4/2007
Too involved to review. Must read more.

RussianWolf7 chapter 5 . 10/4/2007
Oh man that last sentance gave me the best mental image ever - Bobby with a sledgehammer, destroying a brick wall surrounding a castle. Can you tell I'm sleep-deprived?

Lol another great chapter, amusing imagery and all. Can I wake up wrapped in his arms, too?

RussianWolf7 chapter 4 . 10/4/2007
Aww so sweet! You're all skilled with the sweetness and such.

And yes! finally an Alex zinger! Huzzah!