Reviews for 1981
no-name chapter 17 . 11/28/2015
Hi Iva1201,

do you intend to finish this story at some point or did you abandon it? It's a great story and I'd like to continue reading :-).

Rosaleen chapter 17 . 4/15/2014
This is a really good story. You write the relationship between Albus and Severus extremely well. I hope you get to continue it.
JamesLuver chapter 1 . 11/27/2011
This was a very interesting first chapter. I liked the interactions between Snape and McGonagall and could definitely be something which would fit nicely into canon. I liked how McGonagall didn't agree with Dumbledore's decision to let Gryffindor win the House Cup that year.
icansoar chapter 17 . 4/18/2011
Nicely written! Looking forward to your next update.
excessivelyperky chapter 17 . 8/15/2010
It's nice that Snape has a few people on his side, if only for a little while; Belby and Sluggy are looking after Snape if only for their own good in 1981, while Snape's grandmother knew him for at least a little while.

At least Severus had a few good moments in his life among all the hellish ones.
RavannaVen chapter 17 . 3/25/2010
Wow. Wirklich klasse Story. :-)

Ich hab sie in einem Rutsch durchgelesen... and I fell for it - hook, line and sinker. Thumps up. :-)

Ich bin die Sev-zentrischen FF in den letzten Jahren rauf und runter und ich hab wirklich wenige gelesen, die so genial geschrieben waren (genial lies: gut durchdacht, vielschichtige Charakter, interessante Storyline, lebendige Dialoge, etc.). Das gilt besonders, da Englisch nicht deine Muttersprache ist.

Severus Snape ist wirklich gut getroffen und auch Dumbledore kommt glaubhaft als der manipulative B* rüber, der er ist. ;-)

Ich freue mich jedenfalls schon tierisch auf das nächste Update.

Liebe Grüße aus Schwaben.

Coll chapter 1 . 2/23/2010
Ark, update... ok so your a very busy person, but ep and squee! me likey! I really like how you have portrayed the charactors and you have interlinked the different timelines really well.

i shall obsess until a new chapter is loaded up (alas this is me)

so go you!

hope to read another chapter soon
noname chapter 17 . 2/21/2010
Hi Iva1201,

... please update...

ippogrifo chapter 17 . 1/24/2010
The story of the "wonder boy" is always fascinating, no matter his age. It's always interesting the choice of alternating flashbacks. In this chapter it's almost like russian dolls because there are even three levels of tale.

Very good.

Please keep on writing and update soon.

Thanks a lot.
Alex chapter 2 . 1/24/2010
Interesting take on the happening in canon!

Ah, Dumbledore, always so easy for you to manipulate people, eh? One melodramatic little cry and everything/one falls in line. This one come across as just as fake and calculated as the crocodile tears at the end of OotP...

btw: Never mind the disgrace and public slap into the face of dozens of students with the House cup (and no, I don't believe Dumbledore's reasoning here: he deliberately made Slytherin believe they won and *only then* humiliated them by giving the victory over to Gryffindor. If all he had in mind was poor little Harry's happiness, there was absolutely no reason to not give the points to Gryffindor *immediately* instead of the farce he conducted on the backs of Slytherin children, letting them believe they'd won before giving the crucial points).

I wonder why Snape (and McGonagall too) isn't furious with Dumbledore for blithely sending a fourth of the school *into danger*! He sent the Slytherin children down to the dungeons - right after concluding that a dangerous mountain troll raged down there! Any parents that got wind of that episode wanting to get Dumbledore out of Hogwarts have my full sympathy.
yellow 14 chapter 17 . 1/17/2010
"Lucius had no idea what he had in his care wityh the dfiary, or he would've been much more careful with it." Snape commented sardonically.

"Not to metion the small fact that the actions of the Golden Trio DID save Hogwarts and the wizarding world from an earlier return of You-Know-Who." Mcgonagol cut in. "It would hardly be fitting to punish them for it."

"And what's this about us Slytherin's not being evil? Doesn't this author know we have a reputation to keep?"

Minervra raised her eyebrows at this last comment. Then, slowly but surely, she started to crack up.

"Severus" she began "You're incorrigable!"

"I know." He replied with a grin.

Nice fic, keep updating.
YuriyTalaIvanov chapter 17 . 1/15/2010
uwah! i love reading about a younger kid sev! hm...i dont think snape's grandparents are ever mentioned so i guess you can make up your own name ...btw i like cecilia better! update soon please!
yellow 14 chapter 6 . 1/15/2010
I'll finish this later. Nice piece, keep updating
excessivelyperky chapter 16 . 10/6/2009
Good chapter-sorry I wasn't able to beta this last summer. Both his masters are suspicious of Snape at this time-it must be hard. I'm glad to see Dumbledore actually apologized for once-no doubt Snape can count the apologies he's ever received from anyone on the fingers of one hand. Anyway, I know he'll be glad when Voldemort is gone.
excessivelyperky chapter 15 . 9/19/2009
Excellent chapter. One hopes that McGonagall punished those students for being disrespectful and did not make them prefects for their trouble.

And given that Lupin _did_ cooperate with someone he thought had betrayed the Potters even before knowing Sirius was innocent, and forgot his potion because he was too thrilled to be a Marauder again-well, Albus made it all Snape's fault anyway, because he had to have Harry love and trust him. Sacrificing the truth is such a minor thing in comparison, isn't it? The Greater Good is far more important than protecting individual students at the school, after all.

But no matter what, it will always be Snape's fault when things go wrong. That's what canon tells us, after all {sarcasm}.