Reviews for When the Bough Breaks
CindyT63 chapter 5 . 3/14/2014
Very nicely done. Thanks.
ccase13 chapter 5 . 9/25/2011
In this they can see the foreshadowing of John leaving them both behind to hunt the demon.
Leigh Ann Wallace chapter 5 . 5/29/2011
Great story.
Lilly Emerald chapter 5 . 3/12/2011
loved it!
Lilly Emerald chapter 4 . 3/12/2011
It makes me wonder how John would react to what is going on in season 6 right now, with Sam loosing and getting his soul back. And the whole thing with Lucifer and how he would have dealt with so many things that are bigger then the Demon who killed Mary. Or if once he had his chance at revenge he would have been able to act like a normal father to Sam and Dean. Well as normal as you can get being a hunter. Ok so I don't really hate John his character just frustrates me! Another good chapter
Lilly Emerald chapter 3 . 3/12/2011
I know that John is just worried about his boys in the last chapter but that last part of this chapter made me hate him. The trail will be cold by then? Thats going to make them feel guilty and he must be really silly if he just doesn't realise how he saying it. He might just not realise how he saying it an that it would hurt sam's feelings but anyway. Still hating him! lol another good chapter
Lilly Emerald chapter 1 . 3/12/2011
found this a few days ago and just having time to read it now! Love the first chapter its really good. I can tell already i won't like john in this fic will I? On to the next chapter...
CeCe Away chapter 5 . 1/1/2011
Another good one. Poor Sam, so vulnerable all the time.
doyleshuny chapter 5 . 12/10/2010
It's for reasons like this that I never cared for John. I know this is going to sound mean but Mary was dead. He had two very alive little boys that he put second to his dead wife on a daily basis. Even in this he left a very sick little boy and his terifued older brother who BTW was a child himself all alone so he could follow a lead? Really? Nuff said I guess. Excellent Job!
doyleshuny chapter 3 . 12/10/2010
I so agree with you when it comes to JOhn. He is NOT my favorite charcter at all. I always thought Bobby made a far better father to thos two boys then John. However I do understand where John is coming from in this. His baby is hurt so badly I think John knows in some ways it's his fault. He should have never taken a child on such a dagerous hunt. Seriously. This is very well done! Excellent Job!
Sparkiebunny chapter 5 . 11/24/2010
Wonderful story! :)
phyllis1930hotmail.com chapter 5 . 11/20/2010
have read this several times and enjoy it everytime
supernaturalfan17 chapter 5 . 3/16/2010
Great story. It almost broke my heart when Sam's so willing to go so his Dad won't leave them behind.
ziggy.uk chapter 5 . 10/14/2009
Just how wrong can John get it, wanting to go off to Portsmouth leaving his boys alone, and poor Sammy insisting he's okay to travel, scared their dad won't come back. And trust John not to get that he should really be back-tracking and deciding to stay for a few days, something he would have realised if he had stayed in the room and seen Sam's face rather than go clear the back seat for Sam. How sad too that Dean was so grateful their Dad gave Sam a couple of hours rest before starting off. I do like John but how misguided is he, putting the hunt for Mary's killer before his sons' welfare and he does it knowing that it wouldn't be what Mary wanted for their boys. Thank goodness Sam and Dean have each other, the only people they can both really rely on.

A great read. It's so much fun searching the back pages for awesome fics I've missed!
ziggy.uk chapter 4 . 10/14/2009
Typical that John would leave the motel looking for clues for the demon, even though Sam was so injured. And can so imagine Sam waking up, finding their dad gone and assuming he was mad at him. Thank goodness Dean was there for his little brother, giving him the meds he needed and also the verbal and physical comfort.