Reviews for Role Reversal
Cutter12 chapter 1 . 4/17/2012
Your words are very powerful. A beautiful and heartbreaking story.
Iawen Londea chapter 1 . 11/22/2009
...

*bawls*

Wow. That was... sad. It's really well written and surprisingly layered for a story of this length. I think you forgot to put in a Kleenex warning. LOL.
epalladino chapter 1 . 3/2/2009
This is very interesting. I like how you showed what might be Don's way of dealing with not be able to cope with grief. I like how Charlie shares his own guilt with Don. P.S. This text is all bold, too. Thanks, Beth
Mel J1701 chapter 1 . 9/4/2006
I loved this story. It's not often we see Don losing control but I think he would if his father was dying. I really liked how this was a carthasis of sorts for both Charlie and Don. Charlie needed to admit his guilt over not being there for their mother while Don needed to hear that acknowledgement.
Cascade Waters chapter 1 . 8/30/2006
Excellent. It might as well have been up on the screen, playing out right before our eyes.

fc
merryw chapter 1 . 8/29/2006
Wow! Agony, yes - amazing agony!
Patty chapter 1 . 8/29/2006
You're right. It's good, solid angst. Poor Charlie, poor Don. Guilt can eat you alive

and you brought that out extremely well.
Alice I chapter 1 . 8/29/2006
The part that got me more than anything else was this:

“I’ve done this. I did this, Don — what you're doing, now.

I will never forgive myself. Dad did — and he says Mom never blamed me — but that doesn’t matter. What matters is the dark rock of guilt and pain and self-loathing that I will carry in my gut forever.

It will never, ever, go away, Don, and I cannot let you do that to yourself. Because at my core — I am the selfish bastard you think I am, and I cannot lose you all. If you keep this up, Don, it will eat you alive."

This was a very good one-shot. Sad but somehow I could see this possibly happening.
FluffNutter chapter 1 . 8/29/2006
Powerful.
thebondgirl chapter 1 . 8/29/2006
wow... that was pretty sad, but man was it ever good! this is certainly a topic that a lot of us numb3rs fans have been wondering about - wondering what would happen to our favourite brothers if their remaining parent were to die, or in this case, start dying. excellent work!
Isabelle S chapter 1 . 8/29/2006
Powerful Bitter-sweet. Excellent work!
A Thing For Brothers chapter 1 . 8/29/2006
OMG. There is such a lump in my throat from the emotion this story brought. It was just... oh, so awesome. You did an amazing job with it. I love it. It's so sad thinking that Alan will die someday, too, and the boys will be alone. Oh, that was so good. No words to describe how good.
luvnumb3rs chapter 1 . 8/29/2006
As usual this is perfect!
The Silent Rumble chapter 1 . 8/29/2006
Great work - there's just one thing I don't get. Is this in the normal time zone, or what? Sorry just confused. but that's just me. Thanks for your review on my story, 'we'll do it tommorrow.'
JMM chapter 1 . 8/29/2006
It's official. You're one scary puppy.

But one thing - Charlie did *not* abandon his mother for the entire time she was sick. He had a breakdown during the last *three months* of her life. She was sick for a long time before that. Too many fics have Don using this to crush his brother, and I don't think he would.