Reviews for The Calling
Cutter12 chapter 2 . 4/18/2012
Wow, that was really angry. I can see these as Don's thoughts. In fact, anyone in law enforcement. They have to put up with so much and not allow their emotions get in the way. I enjoyed how you turned it around in the second chapter and allow Don to catch his second wind to go out and face the enemy once again.
epalladino chapter 2 . 6/26/2009
Perfect. I, for one, happen to like melodrama. Great job in capturing Don. Thanks, Beth
ferryboat George chapter 2 . 6/28/2007
Very nice
Patty chapter 1 . 9/3/2006
The feelings of this enforcer is so evident, so palpable, it

shakes me to my very roots. I'm glad you wrote that the decision of who deserves to die would be decided by twelve

others; otherwise I would have worried he might take matters

into his own hands. I felt his anger was that intense.

Although the enforcer is unnamed, I kept seeing Don in the

role. I remember his saying in one episode his head was not a good neighborhood to be in after an exceptionally bad case.
Kasman chapter 2 . 9/1/2006
Nice venting.
Alice I chapter 2 . 8/31/2006
You know it amazes me how someone who has clearly stated that they didn’t like a story will go back for a second helping and use that as an opportunity to say how much they didn’t like it again.

If you don’t like a story then WHY do you go back and read the next installment?

OK that said. D I liked this. I have seen all of the Batman movies good and bad. D’s work, in my opinion, should not be compared to them. And even so what is wrong with showing how man’s inhumanity to man affects the people we as civilians count on to protect us.

I thought that the following statement summed it up quite well:

And there, watching him work, I could remember the reasons why I chose this job.

There are some incredible people out there. Truly amazing people who live their whole lives without fully understanding how important they are to the rest of us.

These are the ones I get up for each day. People like this. People like him.

These simple words tell a truth that many of us will never see. You read the headlines and you know as well as I do that there really are monsters out there. I can only hope and pray that the men and women who have made it their life’s work to defend the rest of society against these monsters have someone in their personal lives that they can look at and reaffirm why they face the horrors that they see every day.

Well done dHall.
SaJi chapter 2 . 8/31/2006
Very nice little emotional blurbs, I especially like how the second part is a semi-flip to the first. They really compliment eachother and lead to a self feeding closure of sorts. If that makes any sense. O.o;
FluffNutter chapter 2 . 8/30/2006
I know you were going for symmetry by repeating the last lines from part one, but that makes it sound like a bad Batman movie all over again.

HOWEVER, if you were to end it just before "There are some incredible people," it would be nicely angsty and poignant.
A Thing For Brothers chapter 2 . 8/30/2006
Aw, this was nice. I liked it. Don's so sweet. Great job! WRITE MORE!
FraidyCat chapter 2 . 8/30/2006
i'm not sure you understand the meaning of the "decompression oneshot".

perhaps you should try again.

of course, now you need a decompression from your decompression . . .
Suisan chapter 2 . 8/29/2006
D-

Once again you've managed to capture the true "voice" of "him" just beautifully! Great Job! May send you a link to a photomanip I made a while back that could almost "fit" this story of yours...

Suisan
Alice I chapter 1 . 8/29/2006
Great job.

In the very end I could almost see 'him' strapping on that superhero cape.

Oh there's a mental image. 'Him' in spandex tights.

Not my greatest review I know.
luvnumb3rs chapter 2 . 8/29/2006
Well I am your fan so I read an like it so I hope you write another story soon.
FluffNutter chapter 1 . 8/29/2006
Actually, the melodrama was a bit too much in this. It kind of reads like the conclusion of a Batman movie.

But I'm still really looking forward to the next story!
thebondgirl chapter 1 . 8/29/2006
woa, man, that was so cool!:) i mean, wow, it's giving me shivers - i can picture this as something that would follow the events of "no common allegiance", after everything that's happened to them in that little trilogy of yours! awesome work!:):)

(oh, and i'll be submitting a review for the last few chapters of your other fic when i've got a little more time to read them - looking forward to more fics!)