Reviews for Secrets
MistyMountainHop chapter 1 . 8/25/2011
This is a beautiful, wonderfully insightful story. I absolutely love it.

Those small moments between Hyde and Jackie (e.g., them watching *The Sound of Music* together, Hyde making Jackie breakfast*) are the leaves of a very tall tree whose roots stretch deep into the ground. You illustrated this truth perfectly.

I was right there with both characters throughout, feeling what they felt, the loss and the love. And even though this story ends sadly, there's an undercurrent of hope that Jackie and Hyde's love for each other may eventually lead them back to each other.
Woodrokiro chapter 1 . 7/8/2010
This was... Beautiful. Seriously, not only did you nail Jackie and Hyde's characters perfectly, but your writing and structure and situations were just gorgeous and heart-wrenching and guh. I'm speechless right now. The tidbits I especially liked was the unicorn passage and the breakfast with salsa one. These were so personal, so intimate that they practically made my heart break.

I cannot say it enough, but fantastic, fantastic job.
some blue december chapter 1 . 4/12/2010
You have no idea how excited I was to see this fic hidden in the depths of the 63 stories you've posted, lol. You haven't written anything for my fandom of choice, but I seriously love how many of my slightly less loved fandoms you have written for.

It's born of my belief that these two are meant for each other and won't ever be happy with anyone else, but don't expect resolution. - That's from your A/N, lol, but I completely agree therefore had to quote it.

He knows that when she gets fed up with Donna's ungirly ways, she will line up all of her toy bears and dogs and unicorns and ask their advice on what color to paint her toenails (he likes it when they're red; it's sexy) or what outfit to wear today (he likes that cream thing that leaves her shoulders bare—makes it easier to kiss them—though he thinks she looks damn hot in anything) or whether her mom still loves her (he hates Pam more than just about anybody, because he more than suspects that she doesn't). - I love this. It's so completely Jackie and so completely Hyde.

There was no real bite in his words, not even that little bit of an edge that he has always let creep into his words when he mocks Kelso or Foreman or Fez. If anyone really, really knew him (and she's the only one who ever really has), they would know that, for him, the way he teased her about the stuffed animals was almost affectionate. He would never admit it, and she never brought it up, and now it's over, anyway, and she hears that in his voice when he teases. - I think that's what I hated most about everything that went down after Sam. Not only did Hyde screw up, but he turned into a complete jackass and basically right away.

... and she and Donna aren't as close as they used to be, and now she doesn't even have an inconsiderate Zen master to ramble on to.

He knows that she wishes, most of the time, that she was still a little girl. - That's sad. I always felt bad for Jackie in season eight. Nothing was really going right for her.

She knows when he says "Whatever," what he really means is, "Yeah, me, too." - Perfect.

She told him, and he didn't say anything for a long time. Then he slid his arm around her and said, "Bastard." Somehow that made her feel better. - Aw.

He didn't look over his shoulder at her, but his reply, gruff as it was, made her feel warm all over. "Well, somebody has to take care of you." - That is unbelievably sweet.

I love how you switched from numbers to roman numerals, it was a really nice touch.
D R O W N-I N-S E Q U I N S chapter 1 . 10/16/2009
I don't think I've ever been as pissed off at a show as I was when that whore Sam came into the show and ruined any chance of Hyde and Jackie. One of the best things about them, one of the things that you captured so very beautifully in here, is the fact that they're so very much alike.

I love how you capture their... souls (for lack of a less cliche word) in this. It was beautiful and poetic and raw and real. It was perfect and I truly enjoyed this, even though it broke me heart.

Great job! :)
beaglelover719 chapter 1 . 8/13/2009
Wow. This is one of the saddest things I've ever read. I had tears streaming down my face by the end. This was just so beautifully written. So poignant, so sad. It seemed very true to me, the way I saw Jackie and Hyde, and the reasons the two of them were drawn to one another. It broke my little shipper heart that they ruined the two of them like they did, especially when they acted like the prior two seasons never happened.
Jubilee3 chapter 1 . 1/28/2009
Beautiful and achy.
propelled chapter 1 . 12/29/2008
I absolutely loved this story.

The unicorn story was great.

Fabulous job :)
delilahbelle chapter 1 . 12/15/2008
well, here's my angst and tears for the day. so beautiful.
Willofthewisp chapter 1 . 9/14/2008
Oh my word, tears are swelling up in my eyes. How heart-breaking. I love how you've arranged this. These little vignettes are probably thoughts that run through both their minds day in and day out when they're together in the basement, but they're both too terrified of being hurt again to say them. The little details you put in, the backstories of the events that shaped their personalities...all of it is magnificent. It's a masterpiece, really, how you took characters that were already three-dimensional and gave them even more. I felt like I could reach out and give them both a hug and then push them together when I read your fic. And kudos, btw, for mentioning the never-mentioned but so-obvious fact that the two of them are just like Red and Kitty, their parental figures. Maybe, just maybe there is a glimmer of hope at the end of this story.
Starlight77 chapter 1 . 8/15/2008
Absolutely amazing voices and characterizations for Jackie and Hyde.

Thanks for this. I enjoyed it immensely. Amazing insights into what they know about each other and I love how it came full circle with the line about the secrets repeated in the beginning and then the end.
Gabrielle Alan chapter 1 . 3/27/2008
Adorable and a little sad, now I need a happy h/j fic. *goes in search of one*

Very nice story!
hondagirl chapter 1 . 3/22/2008
I really liked the fact that you replied to my review so I decided to check you out to see what else you wrote (BTW I see you are also a huge fan of Gilmore Girls). And I found this story. And its just so perfect. Lately all the JH stories I have been reading are so emotional and full of angst so it was nice to read something uplifting. I think I enjoy this better then your basement story because you have really devled into what makes Jackie Jackie and what makes Hyde Hyde and what makes them Jackie and Hyde. You did a wonderful job. And I didn't watch season 8 at all. I caught the first episode or two and that was enough! I even turn it off when its on syndication. yuck. Any who brillant story!
velvetsprite chapter 1 . 3/13/2008
That was one hell of a shot!

I love how you capture the

characters, and in a way,

I thought the ending was

very appropriate for their

relationship. It was beautiful :)
Stepmother chapter 1 . 1/25/2008
That was beautiful! SM
IloveHarryPotter17 chapter 1 . 12/13/2007
This story was amazing. It was bittersweet and you really captured Hyde and Jackie and all the things they knew about each other. I loved it.