Reviews for Death Star letter
meline387 chapter 1 . 1/15/2014
This story is so cool! This is exactly what Thrawn would say if he really did this. Palpatine you stupid! Apparently the Sith aren't all that. He should listen to Thrawn more often.
5SecstoThrowItFB chapter 1 . 6/12/2013
I never thought of that before! You're brilliant!
jadesfire22 chapter 1 . 1/1/2013
I like it! It seems more realistic than the movies' perspective of "Yeah, we're going to blow all the money on a huge superweapon and not think it through at all."
Obviously the Empire ignored this letter (email? holo-mail? lol idk)
S chapter 1 . 7/19/2010
Fun. Love Thrawn. One of my favorite characters. Can't deny that I would have had him sounding a little more erudite. Cut down and be more succinct.

Other than that-a really fun read with distinct problems addressed.
ArwenMUC chapter 1 . 12/12/2009
I think I've seen this before.

I enjoyed reading it again :)
Lysana chapter 1 . 6/5/2009
Oh, interesting! I love how you've got Grand Admiral Thrawn's brilliant strategic mind seeing ALL the flaws with the Death Star - both design and situational - in advance. And then of course, given the canon plot, the prejudiced, human-centric, arrogant Empire won't listen to him. After all, he's ONLY their most brilliant mind!

Yes, I am a Thrawn admirer completely without shame! It never even crossed my mind for some reason that anyone would write fics about him. And as a special plus, you've even written it well! YAY!

The part in this fic about "commanders with itchy trigger fingers" was especially chilling. Poor Alderaan!

CarsonandMrs.Hughes4ever chapter 1 . 3/23/2009
A great story. Very good.
miarath chapter 1 . 7/3/2008
Interesting letter - I wonder what Palpatine would've answered to this. Have you considered doing a companion fic to this?

I think it's really like Thrawn to point out the Death Star's weaknesses as he prefers strategy instead of just using extreme force for his goals.

Keep up the good work.
Worker72 chapter 1 . 6/10/2008
Good letter, although Thrawn was wrong on one point. The Death Star doesn't have to be used at full power. I read a couple of SW novels that had the DS only use a fraction of it's power in the main laser. The use of destroying planets at full power is just showing off, see what I can do to you, kind of thing.
Parma Quentar Pheriannath chapter 1 . 9/2/2007
I like this little piece, it shows how inefficient such large organisations are if they don't pay attention to the little guy, well of course thrawn isn't a little guy.

I have one slight disunderstanding: Why do you write " least one of which will not be discovered..."? This would indicate some kind of foresight, you could have written: "...most of which must be discovered..."

I'll be looking into some of your other stories, I'm sure.

Andrew Joshua Talon chapter 1 . 5/21/2007
Indeed, heh. And people wonder why the US Navy stopped using battleships. One, guns don't reach as far as airplanes. Two, nobody else uses them, and three, it is a REALLY big freaking target.

Kudos for writing this.
margrave-of-the-stars chapter 1 . 12/7/2006
Hi again

Awesome, I love the way you write, and this is just the type of thing the Thrawn would have done. You also did a very good job on the Thrawn character. Any ways keep up the good work and I look foreward to reading more
ImperialJedi chapter 1 . 12/6/2006
I'm always reluctant to read really short pieces, but in your profile you said you liked to take the Imperial black and white and make it grey. That is exactly what I'm looking for in my Galactic Empire c2. I actually really enjoyed this letter and thought the content was feasible for Thrawn to write. I'm not sure about the format, but then I don't think SW gives much clues about that either, so this email like format is as good a guess as any. Thanx for writing the piece and I hope to see more from you in the future. MTFBWY

TEXASTIFF chapter 1 . 8/30/2006
Lol:) Very clever. If only the imperial mail was not so slow then perhaps things would have gone differently. lol Naw, I doubt the Emperor would have read it. I wonder if the emperor receives much junk mail? Okay... anyway, thanx I enjoyed it.