Reviews for Cursum Perficio
Someone chapter 22 . 10/19
I'd like to start off this review with my personal opinion of you - fuck you. I cried over Spinoza dying. He didn't deserve it. How dare you?
Anyways, this fanfiction aged like fine wine. It's 2016, and I immensely enjoyed this. You actually inspired a few others with this! (AngelAbsols True Nature Of A Royal) And it gave me back my motivation to write. I don't think the angst was too much, though the torture was a bit much, it was fitting. The "anime tropes" were handled well, my initial confusion on why Raz would need a sword was brushed away by Raz asking that himself. My only question was what Vritra and Indra exactly are, which means I just need to reread the fan fiction.
The characters are written wonderfully in character, and I'm just gushing about it by now. Good job, writer!
Lilac Gemini chapter 14 . 9/28
See, now I'm really glad Nereus got hit in the face.
Lilac Gemini chapter 11 . 9/27
Also I'm doing this because holy /shit/ this thing is /phenomenal/
Lilac Gemini chapter 10 . 9/27
This time you said, "Everytime soomeone reviews Nereus gets hit in the face and Raz gets spared a little less torture". I'm doing this because someone really, really needs to hit Nereus in the face. I wonder if he realizes that, to get rid of all of the people who fit his "not-good-enough" criteria (cough cough everyone who isn't perfect), he'll have to kill everyone on the planet...
This a very interesting story so far, good job!
(I saved a puppy!)
Gorse chapter 22 . 7/29/2015
Hey.

It's been years since you updated/finished off this story, but I want you to know that, despite your rant at the end, it was exactly what I needed. Your writing style is really enjoyable, descriptive enough to be vivid but not heavy on purple prose and overwrought sentences. I know you finished this up in 2011, and hopefully you're still active enough on the site to see this, because it's important that people know when they're doing good things.

Fanfiction with dorky references, fanfiction with heavy influences from all the media and stories we consume being completely unashamed of that fact. It's what I grew up on and really took me back to my younger years. The enthusiasm and love you showed for this story over all the years you've plucked away at it is obvious, even though you didn't get to completely finish it. Psychonauts is just one of those games with enough background and enough charm that it seems to get everybody's creative side going, as if it was made to actively encourage fanfiction.

And maybe it was, because it's the closest thing we'll ever get to another game.

So, thank you so much for this story, it made a cold, stormy afternoon that much warmer.
Coraline15 chapter 1 . 4/17/2015
That dream somehow made me think of Silent Hill :O
Avoxia chapter 2 . 3/26/2014
Noooo! NOT THE PUPPIES! D:
Avoxia chapter 1 . 3/26/2014
Amazing so far! I have just begun reading and I'm already hooked! cant wait to see what adventure this story takes me on. :D
OfTheIronwilled chapter 9 . 1/24/2014
This chapter is actually incredibly interesting to me. One of the many things that made this chapter for me is that, we, as readers, are still no more enlightened as we were before, when you really think about it. There's a very strong chance that everything that the villain is saying is in fact a lie, where there is still an incredibly strong chance that the exact opposite is true - and there is one detail that makes me lean to the former. For all I know it might not mean anything - a detail that is unimportant and was never meant to be anything or one that will play the largest of roles in the story to come - and that is Lilli, and one of the possible reasons she is gagged here. Nereus has said that Raz's memories of the Ferrowbrooks was a complete fake, and an act of repression... but in Raz's 'fake' memory, LILLI WAS THERE. If everything Nereus is saying really is the truth, she would know it.

Or maybe I'm just overanalyzing things. :P I tend to do that a lot. Either way, still a good chapter. Looking forward to reading the rest of this.
Sasami14 chapter 22 . 5/21/2013
ok. after much begging and pleading on your part, i've finally decided to review. i was planning on reviewing at the end anyways. i like reading stories, i love finishing stories, but being inspired by stories after 'The End.' goes beyond love for the art and craft of story telling. i have many inspirations thanks to fellow inspired authors like you. Thank You.
Black Zed chapter 22 . 4/23/2013
goddammit. I liked this story. But hey, I know how it goes. at least you gave a plot summary, something not nearly enough writers who break off stories do.
I would suggest adding a 'dropped' tag or something to the description
RisuQ chapter 17 . 9/25/2012
Wonderfully done. I can resist not reviewing no longer. I'll let you know I've just spent the last 4 hours reading the first 17 chapters. And I have two tests coming up. And an inkling to play Psychonauts once more.

Anyway, The series has been an awesome roller coaster ride of emotions and stuff for me to read. I can't wait to read the last chapters :3
Soharu87 chapter 1 . 8/29/2012
this was the most awesome story ive ever read.
Like, my mind exploded three times.
Soharu87 chapter 22 . 8/4/2012
... there is only one thing i can say after reading this.

...

HOLY FUCKING SHIT THAT WAS GODDAMN AWESOME.

and i dont usually cuss...