Reviews for What We Could Have Been
Twilight Okami chapter 11 . 3/19/2013
I know I'm late but I still would like to review this story.
This is, by far, the best TMNT story I've read. While I only read a few, this one really hooked me. The characterisations, the plot, the emotion and the superb writing flowed excellently creating an angst-yet not over the top-story about the struggle of 'war' and the thought that you can't always get what you desire or want. I too, thought that the portrayal of Leo and Karai's forbidden relationship was portrayed so realistically that I just imagined every situation happening in the story. Fav!
The Tip of My Tongue chapter 1 . 12/12/2012
I realize this is an older story, yet I could not help myself from posting about how well it was written. It flowed very nicely and this drama that is playing out is very drawing. I cannot help myself but read more. Thanks for posting!
Yoline Nimai chapter 11 . 12/9/2012
I'm so happy I read this story (even if it was kind of depressing XD)! It was truly incredible. Like always, you describe the character's feelings perfectly, and the romance between Karai and Leo was so sad, but so true!
And I LOVED the end. It couldn’t have been better. Seriously, I cried when I read the last lines… So you can be proud of that story, and I really hope there will be a sequel when you’ll have time D
Karlina101 chapter 11 . 8/3/2012
i think you should have left it off with the goodbye scene, this kind of killed the mood
Necro13 chapter 1 . 6/12/2012
I really really love this story and don't want to see it deleted but I just read this on the home page:

"June 4th 2012 - Notices: Please note we would like to clarify the content policy we have in place since 2002. follows the Fiction Rating system ranging from Fiction K to Fiction M. Although Fiction Ratings goes up to Fiction MA, since 2002 has not allowed Fiction MA rated content which can contain adult/explicit content on the site. only accepts content in the Fiction K through Fiction M range. Fiction M can contain adult language, themes and suggestions. Detailed descriptions of physical interaction of sexual or violent nature is considered Fiction MA and has not been allowed on the site since 2002."

Sighn this petition to stop the maddness and help save this story and others like it!

www . change petitions / fan fiction - net - stop - the - destruction - of - fan fiction - net
Independent.C chapter 11 . 5/30/2012
This is the first of your stories that I've reviewed. In regards to your writing, you do it beautifully, you capture all of the charactres personalities, and they become more real under your pen than in any of the newer episodes (The future thing and Back to the sewers).
In regards to this story all that can be said is ouch. This one really went for the soft bits of human emotion, especially the last bit. You didn't over do it at all, just gave us one final shot to the heart.
Good job.
Marcus S. Lazarus chapter 11 . 5/9/2012
The dramatic start with Leonardo’s nightmare certainly raised some interesting questions about his current condition, and later events were very well-written, particularly with Karai’s complicated feelings for Leonardo; you accomplished what so few human/Turtle stories do and clearly explored the idea of the complications that would result from such a pairing, starting with the fact that she’s the adopted daughter of the Shredder and progressing from there.

I might be ambiguous about Leonardo’s visions, but they did provide an interesting bit of insight into what was coming up, and the confrontation with the Foot that resulted in Hun’s death and Leonardo’s capture was still dramatic; even if Karai and the Foot succeeded in their goal in that confrontation, it’s a nice way to ensure that nobody comes out of even the best-laid plan completely unscathed, regardless of which side they’re on or who actually ‘wins’.

Sucks what happened during Leonardo and Karai’s final duel, of course, but I definitely can’t fault the drama of it, and your exploration of the aftermath of the fight was also well-handled, with everyone else’s reaction to the news being plausible and in-character, as those who know recognise that what Leonardo felt was comparatively natural and those who don’t know accept the situation as they’re aware of it.

All in all, a very depressing story at times, but the characterisation was superb and everyone’s emotions were very well-expressed, to say nothing of the action sequences being exceptionally dramatic.

Keep up the great work!
LilNinjaWolf chapter 11 . 12/24/2010
This has been an awesome read despite the sadness to it. It was written beautifully. :)
meganechan720 chapter 11 . 11/12/2010
This was a GREAT story. I've been looking for a realistic look at Leo and Karai's relationship, and here it is. Thank you.
tmntlover2013 chapter 11 . 10/16/2010
Great job on the story I liked it alot.
Lina-chan chapter 6 . 4/23/2010
Let me tell you... This is the best TMNT fanfiction that I've ever read. You have a gift on writing, you are able to put emotions in words. The chapters about Leo & Karai confrontations and feelings are just great. I hope I could read more from you soon!
Strgrl4eva chapter 11 . 4/8/2010
I usually don't bother sending reviews to stories this old but I had to say something. I loved this so much... no words can express it. lol. It gave me so many ideas and helped guild me through me own stories that I am convinced are worth telling. I'm a girl who absolutely loves... love... and angst :D Combining the two (correctly) seemed impossible... but you did. And man do I love HOW you did it. The story was undeniably suspenseful, sweet, cute, hilarious, and action packed. No idea how you did it, but this story is defiantly going up on my list. And I hope that one day I can pull it off as well. XD
ReWriter15 chapter 11 . 4/5/2009
Yes... This review is pretty late...

But, as commonly notated: Better late than never.

Haha, anyways, though I'm sure you don't need it, I give you much praise in this piece, I had a wonderful time reading, and I'm so very glad you wrote it, ,

Oh, and in typing the kitty smiley, I have to ask... Whatever happened to Chame?

Unless I missed it, I don't think you mentioned what happened to him.

Haha, I'm a cat-lover like Mike, so yes... I just had to ask!
Koriat Cyredanthem chapter 11 . 6/15/2008
This was a really great story; complicated but a great read nonetheless. You really pulled it off! Thanks for sharing.
Merdeka21 chapter 11 . 3/24/2008
Alright, well, I just finished my second read through of this story. I don't remember how long ago the first time was - it might've been over my Christmas break and I don't remember if I reviewed for that time or not.

If I didn't: This story was awesome, even though I usually don't go for stories where Leo and Karai actually do love each other. However, this one MAKES SENSE because they both realize that it WON'T EVER WORK. Which is very heartbreaking for Leo, but seriously. What else can we readers really associate with Leo? XD He's standard heartbreak boy. And it sucks... for him. But it's so, for lack of a better word, heartbreakingly wonderful for us readers. At least, it is for me. I don't know. Maybe everyone else is normal and actually like 24/7 happy!Leo. Oh well.

The point of this (potentially) second review is:

I AM BEGGING YOU FOR A SEQUEL!

Come on! You so totally left it open, what with Testy there and all. (I love Mikey, too, did I mention that?) Please, please, please write a sequel!

Oh, and if you already have one planned, but real life is in the way (I know how that goes, believe me!) I sincerely apologize for bugging you to do something you already are.

I'm getting more and more like Mikey every day with the whole word vomit XD

Anyway, I'd just like to say again how much I admire this story and how much it deserves a sequel! I'll beta, if you need one! :D

Okay, I'll stop bothering you now.

Awesome work!