Reviews for Rooftop Introspection
Kyer chapter 1 . 7/1/2007
Two things non story related: Has anyone noticed lately that the Close Window button on these Review windows no longer works? Also, that the Stay Logged On For 3 Days never worked? And I'll add a third (not that I intend to use it) There appears to be no way to delete one's 'membership' here?

On the story: I absolutely loved the line "He grimaced and decided he should stop watching grimaced and decided he should stop watching Oprah." lol Can't sleep days, poor General?

Though I certainly enjoy reading the better stories (not PWP), I'm not one of the Unnamed in the FK fandom. However, I'm the next closest thing being a Cousin Of The Knight, so Lacroix,Nicholas stories are really my cup of ribena. Thanks for the read.
Abby82 chapter 1 . 4/2/2007
Excellent story!

I love how you manged to segue between different themes in one story. What initially attracted me to your story was the promise of LaCroix observing Nick and Natalie's activities together. It was an added bonus to find Nick openly discussing an aspect of vampirism to Natalie like he will later do in 'Francesca'. It was also a pleasure to read a brief glimpse into LaCroix's upbringing. I like that LaCroix is well aware that Nick has several different sides and that he exposes them to different people.

It really amuses me that LaCroix refers to Natalie as 'the coroner'. At this point he hasn't even bothered to learn her name. His disdain for her is so apparent. Nick has been in the company of aristocracy and their oh so proper manners and it must annoy LaCroix that this time around Nick chooses to spend his time with the common and in his opinion the unrefined.

I like LaCroix's conclusion that he could have saved himself a lot of headaches over the centuries if he'd only listened to his son once in a while.

Overall your story is an excellent look at the inner workings of LaCroix's mind and the way he looks at Nick and the people in his life. Great job!

Abby
SithelfJen chapter 1 . 12/18/2006
Oh wow an Unnamed! I use to be in FK fandom years and years ago and yes, I was an Unnamed.

Good story. It's nice to know that people are still writing FK.
Mary Rose chapter 1 . 9/26/2006
An enjoyable read.
Endaewen chapter 1 . 9/22/2006
Thought provoking story. The behaviour is in character too.

It would be interesting to see LaCroix's reaction to a movie night with them watching a vampire movie LOL.