Reviews for The Curtain of Silence That Surrounds Me
beatlesxlove chapter 9 . 8/21/2012
This story is wondeful. I love Mark.
Mikhyel chapter 9 . 3/25/2012
I really enjoyed this fic. I really liked that everyone pulled together to support Mark, even if Maureen did go a bit overboard at first. And it's nice to see a something-happens-to-Mark fic written by someone who knows the subject they're writing about. I quite liked Reg, as well; he's definitely the kind of shrink that Mark would need. I wish there was more of this, though-it would be interesting to see Mark and Roger try to navigate their relationship.
Karleigh-Q chapter 2 . 5/24/2011
The truth is Mark could have gotten a Coaclear implant. When putting the device in, they actually destroy all nerves of the coclea. That is why partially deaf people prefer not to get them. They would have to give up the hearing that they had.
PurpleFiction chapter 9 . 8/13/2009
I absolutley loved this fan-fic! I had marching band practice this evening and I was forced to stop reading and I was so anxious all evening to get home to finish it. Great Job! :)
raven2547 chapter 9 . 2/25/2009
hi

have you written the sequal to this? i really liked this story, its a different take on Mark's personal suffering. :] good job!

please tell me if you have, id like to read it!
Hickumu chapter 3 . 2/14/2009
There is a scene during the year in Act Two, before Angel's funeral but after "Happy New Year." Part of it is kind of a montage that shows most of the RENT crew attending the Life Support meetings, but as the scene goes on most of the members disappear from their chairs - a vague way of showing that they're succumbing to their disease. Paul, Pammy, Sue, Gordon...not all of them made it through the movie. I'm a bit fuzzy on the scene, but I'm really not sure if any of them survived until Angel's death.

Just thought you oughtta know.

~Hickumu
Kantrix Gabriel chapter 9 . 1/4/2008
Wow. Just, wow. This story was so well done. The concept was a hard one to deal with, but you mastered it beautifully. Your writing style is very descriptive (without being overly so) and easy to follow. Even without a beta everything was fluent and mostly grammar-error free.

Awesomely done,

K.G.
E-san chapter 2 . 9/28/2007
Alright, I can't promise to review again as schoolwork has me working non-stop, but I just wanted to say in response to A/N 2 that I LOVE a writer who does their research. *clings* I LOVE IT. *clings some more* Because the whole "Mark went magically deaf from getting socked in the face" just tends to fall in with the bad cliches I see used constantly for the sake of torture. So, thank you for researching. :3
Gothic Godess chapter 9 . 5/25/2007
This was so good. I love what a creative idea this is. You have an awesome writting style.
Mas-kun the Chibi FoxMonkey chapter 9 . 4/28/2007
i loved this thanks
LostInKaos chapter 9 . 1/11/2007
oh yay them... i'm so happy
Mysterylover17 chapter 9 . 1/9/2007
Great story! You did a fabulous job! :)
jeanenjolras chapter 9 . 1/8/2007
That was beautiful. I loved it. It gives a lot of perspective.
LostInKaos chapter 7 . 12/29/2006
Standing by the door: Mark. Laying in the bed: Roger. The referee: The nurse who can sign. On the bell begin... *ding* Mark vs. Roger round one... go!

I see a fight breaking out between them, well a verbal one. I can't wait *jumps in building excitment*
lilramona chapter 3 . 12/29/2006
hey omg i love this story and i'm so glad that some one wrote a fic where mark is the one thats angsting and not roger cuz thats how they always play out roger angsts mark fixs they hook up hopfully this one sort of goes the opposite way andif they don't live happily ever after i might cry