Reviews for Symphony No 9
Heise chapter 1 . 4/5/2009
This harrowing piece of genius clearly distinguishes and hardens the line between film-making and writing.
princess-calamity chapter 1 . 3/30/2007
Oh my!such a lovely kind of fic... maybe it is too good to be here, in fanfiction :D

lovelovelove this, and I'm still feeling XD
The Hermitess chapter 1 . 2/23/2007
Wow. Just...wow. That was a beautiful little piece of work.
JacklynK chapter 1 . 1/22/2007
Woah. Beautiful, incisive connection. You've added a new dimension to this scene. Good job.

-J
fivetail chapter 1 . 1/15/2007
Absolutely fantastic. I loved it.
Nootardby chapter 1 . 11/10/2006
That was an excellent relation to Beethoven's deafness.
Shaitanah chapter 1 . 11/6/2006
It's hard not to cry while reading this.
Philippa chapter 1 . 10/30/2006
I've got to confess that the only part of the 9th that I recognize is "Ode to Joy," so I didn't realize what it was Preston heard (just saw the movie for the first time yesterday). So thank you, not only for identifying it for me, but also for drawing out the way the history of that particular piece can resound through the different levels of the movie, adding depth for those who know. :)
Julia456 chapter 1 . 9/28/2006
Whoa! This is strong stuff - great connection, great imagery. I love the summary, too.

Excellent, excellent work.
hunt4max chapter 1 . 9/22/2006
Fabulous. Great simile, blending general knowlege and a movie-verse, keeping the relevency (is that a word?) of both. Effective diction. Pensive tone. Well done.
marinawings chapter 1 . 9/12/2006
wow. powerful. i really like this.
BittenDhampir chapter 1 . 9/5/2006
Oh, sort of creepy, with the last couple of lines. Never thought of the comparison between the two, but it fits. Nice.