Reviews for Prey
jayde chapter 1 . 5/26
Hey I read this on tumble someone had posted it and I was just wondering if you have a wattpad account as thats where I read my fan fiction x
DarkRainDrops chapter 16 . 3/24
Wow, this was pretty great story, you made the characters different from what others decided to do. Bravo.
April chapter 16 . 12/13/2014
Well it's going to prey on me, too. That's some ending there!

Beautiful writing; puts any criticism of fanfiction quality to utter shame. Deliciously angsty, mercilessly addictive, and so heartlessly inconclusive that I combed through your fic list twice to see if there's a sequel. I really hope there will eventually be one, even though this does extremely well as a standalone fic. I liked how no words were wasted on story-points that had no real significance to the overall plot - no extended descriptions of preparations for the ball, the characters' surroundings or meetings with the headmistress. You just went straight to the next point of interest, and it was refreshing! This could easily have been 30 chapters long, but I'm glad that you wrapped it up in 16. I do wish, though, that there had been more about what happened to Draco after the confrontation in the forest; just a paragraph. Is he in full health, why is he proclaimed dead, and does he plan to continue to live in hiding, assume a new identity perhaps...? While I do wish these two would eventually end up together, I am somewhat relieved that you didn't create an out-of-nowhere happy ending. There was never any indication of trust, much less love, between them - only pure physical attraction. Everything came to an end before either had the chance to analyse what might become of them and what it meant that they could not raise their wands against each other. There was no closure. I think that this, more than anything else, is what makes me long for a sequel. In the context of this story as a standalone, the ending is realistic.. although usually my indulgence in a Draco-Hermione romance is to give realism a pass and appease my obsessive wondering of the many could-have-beens, not add more to it!

About criticism...the only thing I can recall at the moment is thinking that there was one too many chapters that began with the thrumming of fingers on some surface. As a description of a sound that I detest, it was rather irksome to have to imagine it at the start of so many chapters. But there were so many more things that I loved to counterbalance it - the plot in general, the gorgeous writing, the character-centric nature of the story. Most definitely a favourite, and with certainty deserving of a re-read!

Thanks for sharing!
akl chapter 16 . 9/23/2014
please please please write a sequel or even an oneshot to this where they meet again, they feel like made for each other in your story i am dying to read more please i mean all your stories are amazing but this is even more than amazing
ObsessedWithMalfoy chapter 16 . 4/16/2014
No no no no this is not happening!:( I think I may break down crying!

Beautifully written!
Guest chapter 16 . 4/13/2014
why? O why? u mean ; mean person... why couldnot you leg them be together... my heart is all broken.. it hurts; literally... it was so PERFECT... so intoxicating...
I am all aching... :'(
thebirdfromthesea chapter 16 . 1/1/2014
Oh please go on and rip my heart out of my chest, stomp on it and cut it in tiny pieces! Oh my gods that was... No words. It was just too much emotion holy cow you cruel human being... The writing, the plot, the characterisation, the style, the rythm, you had me fighting back my tears it was so ridiculously good, every description..., I couldn't stop reading and boy was it delicious torture... So much emotion and so much talent wow, just wow... You're amazing, you're great.
YumiDoesTheMacarena chapter 16 . 6/9/2013
What? Noooooooo! No, go in, go in! Dammit!

Well, that was one hell of a story. But oh, the bittersweet ending, it kills me.
YumiDoesTheMacarena chapter 9 . 6/9/2013
Oh that was fantastic. That was totally fantastic. I'm very gad that neither of them are anywhere near simply embracing the fact that their views on the other have utterly changed... because they haven't, which really is quite refreshing.

And that 'fight' with Finnigan was great too, though Draco definitely crossed the line when he mentioned the 'moaning with just one touch' bit. That's just asking for trouble.
YumiDoesTheMacarena chapter 5 . 6/8/2013
That was fabulous. Go, Hermione!
emllew chapter 16 . 9/9/2012
amazing story, really well written, such an angsty ending! loved how you kept the characters so true to themselves. thanks for sharing
Guest chapter 16 . 8/16/2012
thanks for a lovely and sad story
All the best
cecilie (Denmark)
JBcocoa chapter 16 . 5/14/2012
Fantastic sory!l
Summer Orchid chapter 16 . 5/13/2012
Wow! Holy cow, this was not what I expected at all, but it was so beautiful. The part of me that is still rather young wishes that there could have been a happy ending. Even without it, I loved this fic. It was sad and really moving.
Dulk chapter 16 . 1/25/2012
I love your writing style and I would love to read more of this story possibly a sequel or even another chapter to say how it worked out.