Reviews for Riding the Edge
Wahboop chapter 1 . 10/25/2016
That was very well written, and this deserves more views. People enjoy cutting Danny and suicidal Danny, but they don't resolve(is) it nearly as well or gently as this. Danny has issues and it's going to take time (heh) to fix them, and this demonstrates that knowledge. Well done.
Great chapter 1 . 9/4/2015
Poor Danny, its rare that I find fanfics with a suicidal Danny in them. But it is a good. Love how you made Clockwork appear and be a shrink! Looking forward to more!
Megan chapter 1 . 11/6/2012
Wow... I it!
Rose.Massimo chapter 1 . 8/28/2012
ARE YOU F******* KIDDING ME? I cant believe this one have no more 24 reviews... Thats so mad :( But really, I know (and you know) that i T! I really really love this. In many stories, they put a "Danny" who cuts himself, but his reasons are really stupids. But you, you did another thing. You put a "Danny" who cuts himself with good reasons, who cares their friends, who does that because he need it. Also, the way in what you put it, I mean, how you wrote it, makes me (makes us) continue reading, and reading, and reading. So, I wanna tell you that I loved this story. You made it that how big you could do it. I didnt want to read more, because you didnt leave empty spaces. CONGRATULATIONS! GOOD JOB! CONTINUE LIKE THIS!

But, I still couldnt say, it wouldnt bad a secuel. I would like to read one in what Danny speaks to Clockwork and . I mean, just a little conversation, or to see a secuel about how Danny gets good, step to step. Just that.

Hugs from a happy girl. Rose.

Note: I am sorry for my English. But I really am a spanish speaker.
DPfruitloop chapter 1 . 12/27/2011
Fantabulous. Flipping AWSOME. Holy crap. Like, butterflies. It's as good as flipping butterflies.
Star Dust of Ancient Novae chapter 1 . 9/4/2010
Cool
amyatthelibrary chapter 1 . 3/14/2010
this is so good. i love how even though the tone is usually really dark and sad, there are still happy moments that can make me laugh. i don't think enough fanfictions show how torn up Danny must be because of all the changes and pressure in his life.
Donteatacowman chapter 1 . 8/3/2009
Great job. Very angsty/vivid but still sometimes humorous and has a sweet ending. Thanks for writing!
Sage347 chapter 1 . 4/14/2009
This was... difficult... for me to read. And I don't say that because it's bad. A friend of mine linked you to me and I decided to start from the beginning, but I'm lazy so I might not review all of them. You know, like most readers. What can I say.

I'm choosing to review on this one because of the fact that despite how hard it was to read at several points, it was well written and I had to know the ending. I couldn't let myself believe that Danny wouldn't ever get around that. I loved how he just quit like that. It made me smile. I think.

There are loads of things I could comment on here, but for one thing, there aren't enough characters in the review, and for another, even if there were it'd take twice as long for you to read than it took for me to read your story (roughly). -wink- We both know how long that would likely be.

I have to say, I haven't watched DP in a long time, mostly because I moved and it seems to come on when the rents are around and usually watching shows of their own. We have a tivo, but... well... it's a long story.

However, the ... specific series of emotions ... you captured here... are amazing. They would have been just as amazing with any other character you chose to portray, I suspect, but if I get off on that tangent I'll never stop... you explained them well, I suppose, well enough to feel, but more importantly you tied them to the character. You gave them a base. A pole, if you will. Like the poles that hold up the tent. You captured the emotions themselves, and you wove them well enough to make your readers shudder in the raw sensation.

This is possibly because a good portion of us have felt something like at least one of those emotions, felt a little bit, uh, "loose". Or perhaps that's just my relative thinking at its best...

Point being... hard as this was to read, it was harder not to read. I FELT what he felt. And a part of me looked at the glass shard on my desk and I remembered feeling what he felt a long time ago, even if I acted minorly on it. Feeling some of it even now again, and wondering if maybe it wasn't enough before. That maybe because I didn't hardly scratch the surface of physical pain, I didn't get to a point where it truly made a difference. Then I got to the part where he just ...quit... and I felt that too.

The battle was hard to win, and long, but the length was necessary. I get that. This is not a tale meant to be told in four thousand words or less. This is something, was something, whatever, that needed to be told exactly the way it was. Commendable effort, minor errors here and there aside. Commendable success through that effort.

There are breaking points where everything becomes clear, and the fear goes away. You captured that as well. The breaking point itself was slow, in a way, and in a few stages, but that only made it more real. The exact moment of change/clarity/etc. might be difficult to determine.

With that I'll wrap up this lengthy review. Congratulations. I will favorite my first piece of Danny Phantom literature.
kyubi-chan13 chapter 1 . 1/28/2009
aw...i think it was sweet.

good ending. i was getting kinda worried about the middle part of the story, but it ended up nicely!

the emotions were really well developed and there weren't any plot holes that i could see. i loved the idea of clockwork being a therapist!

great job! excelent oneshot
Aquawyrm chapter 1 . 8/30/2008
Well, that was a long one-shot. Very, very good, though.
Muroony chapter 1 . 8/24/2008
Holy fuck. That was the best piece of literature I've ever read in one-shot form. I swear, you write so well. I've read at least 75% of your things and I have to say, I am extremely impressed.
Big Ace 1 chapter 1 . 8/1/2008
Dear Chaos Dragon

Vary interesting story, and with so much drama and suspence.

Talk about keeping your readers attention, this was a total blowout a most depressing story I've read lately. This is a

work of Art. I hope that you keep doing "out of the box"

storys in the future. Maby a Vlad's Dark and sick Vengence

on Jack and Danny of some sort, I know that most people think

my next siggestion is of itself sick But How about a Jack and Maddie romance tail? vary few have even metioned these two mebers of the series, and how they {Ahem} stay attracted to

one another.

Thanks for your time and Keep up the good work Mr Dragon

scecearly Big Ace 1
ThJaFl chapter 1 . 6/30/2008
fun! Why don't you continue and see what else you can do with it?
Salinedreamsxena chapter 1 . 2/7/2007
that was a great story. very deep and scary, but had the right light at the end.